[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else has got schizoid personality disorder? my few friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 36615_serial_experiments_lain.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
36615_serial_experiments_lain.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
who else has got schizoid personality disorder?

my few friends don't understand my lack of empathy but I think they still value my friendship. how do you guys maintain long term social connections with anyone? I'm somewhere in between being afraid of losing my friends and not caring at all if I have any
>>
>what is learned helplessness and confirmation bias
you don't have a meme disorder, you're just a loser
>>
In addition to Asperger's, yeah. I'm a little schizo short and stout. Long term social connections are for the weak. You need to develop transience and integrate yourself into groups for maybe a month or two at a time to protect yourself.
>>
>>29291097
have you actually been diagnosed or are you just an edgefag?
>>
>>29291110
no shit, I'm posting here. but I do have spd. I'm not upset about it or something
>>
>>29291097
Diagnosed fag here. I don't maintain long term social connections really. I'm a pretty empathetic person, so that's not really a factor, I just have no interest in them. I do long for some sort of close companionship, one person I can feel love for, but I'll know it when I find it.
>>
>>29291097
>sitting around playing vidya with close friend
>friend/acquaintance messages me, feels fucked up because a friend of his committed suicide
>"Hey man, you have empathy and shit, help me out here"

I've become more reclusive over the years, but my close friends have sort of come to understand it without me explicitly telling them. Most other people just say I "look/act like a serial killer"

Granted, I don't have enough trust in a therapist to see one, so I'm not sure if I have that disorder or if it's something a bit different, but when I first heard about it it explained a lot.
>>
>>29291097
>how do i manage long term social connections
i don't
>afraid of losing friends
lmao
>not caring
you're on the right track
>>29291251
this
>>
>>29291097
yes, I'm also a special snowflake
>>
I think my gf probably has something like this, it's like dating a terminator desu, just right for my level of uselessness since I get anxious whenever anyone's dependent on me

>>29291377

why wouldn't you trust a therapist? I'm sure they hear a lot more crazy shit than your problems
>>
>>29291284
Have you been in a relationship before?
I was for a couple years in university, things start out well but fade very quickly. She realized I only kept her around for sexual things after a certain point, it can be hard to hide your contempt/disinterest in someone.
The feeling of another warm body near you is all I really miss besides sex.
>>
>>29291694
Yes, but she was borderline, so naturally it worked out terribly; my inability to recognize that certain things I would say would hurt her until after I had said them, my inability to come across as anything but cold despite my best efforts, etc, eventually made her lash out at me and she got emotionally abusive. Besides that we had a decent amount of things in common and I was able to relate with her somewhat which is more than I can say for other people.
>>
File: 1460176604772.jpg (662 KB, 1888x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460176604772.jpg
662 KB, 1888x1280
>>29291097
yes diagnosed
what do you want to know about my life
>>
>>29292064
how the fuck did you get such good taste in japanese flipbooks
>>
>>29291874
That's too bad. I've never had anything in common with the women I've met besides very vague interests like a sport their dad watches.
I assume there are women out there with that motherly instinct to care for someone unconditionally with little reciprocation.
Here's to hoping we come across something like that.
>>
File: tumblr_n950tpZzJe1r5ej71o1_400.png (176 KB, 400x545) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n950tpZzJe1r5ej71o1_400.png
176 KB, 400x545
>>29292074
i thoroughly research what i choose to consume because i hate wasting time on trivial things
>>
File: Excuse_Me_Tau.jpg (55 KB, 448x356) Image search: [Google]
Excuse_Me_Tau.jpg
55 KB, 448x356
>Be schizoid
>have had tons of "friends" in my life. Usually people I play with/talk to for a few months before ignoring and moving on
>Don't give a shit about any of them. Don't hate them, just don't care.
>Meet someone I actually enjoy spending time with
>For a months I put emotional investment into another human
>He eventually removed me because I was a sperg
>Will never feel anything like that ever again
>>
>>29291097
Not schizoid, but sociopath and apparently ENTP. I lie, I don't make giant unbelievable lies, I just lie enough. This is fine with maintaining friends but I can never start a relationship or get laid because I haven't had any success in faking empathy.
>>
>>29291531
>why wouldn't you trust a therapist? I'm sure they hear a lot more crazy shit than your problems

It's not so much a lack of trust in them as much as a lack of trust that it will do much to improve my life. I can't really remember not being like this, so there doesn't seem to be much of a point.
>>
yeah, i do
i don't really ever want to talk to anyone irl the only exceptions are maybe playing games with someone
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.