[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so few people realize we are literally in the middle of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 50s.jpg (265 KB, 1500x864) Image search: [Google]
50s.jpg
265 KB, 1500x864
Why do so few people realize we are literally in the middle of the decay and downfall of civilization?
>>
because that doesnt mean anything.
>>
thats not true, things are better now than they ever have been, here and everywhere else, and theyre getting better
>>
File: question.jpg (17 KB, 411x292) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
17 KB, 411x292
>>29290805
I don't believe we've reached that stage just yet. Not for another few hundred years. Quality of life is rapidly increasing across the globe, especially in developing countries. If you meant your statement on a societal/cultural level, you'd have to elaborate more to get your point across.
>>
Because if we are in the middle, then we are still lifetimes away.
>>
They don't think about it
Frgd
>>
File: 1458282472584.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1458282472584.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>29290805
Because there is nothing we can do about it but enjoy the ride
>>
>>29290805
>low crime rates
>more urban than ever before
>less poverty
>higher standard of living than all of history
>fewer wars
>scientific advances each day
Really sounds like a downfall to me
>>
>>29290805
They don't know anything about history. If they knew even the basics about the rise and fall of civilizations they would know for a fact we are in the last 20 years max of a civilization before its swift collapse. The bigger the country and government the faster it falls.
>>
>>29290805
Why do so few people realize that OP said some obscure shit to sound smart but actually has no real point, logical arguments, or evidence?
>>
>>29290896
>more urban than ever before
>less poverty
I'd like to see sauce on this, because I'm pretty sure our cities became crime and poverty ridden hellholes by the 80s or so.
>>
>>29290805
How are we exactly? I'm not even saying we aren't, but the things that you think represent decay and downfall (and I'm assuming a lot here about you I admit) are probably the things /pol/ complains about like feminism and migration. If this is what you are referring to, then most people don't recognize it because they simply do not care about these things.
>>
>>29290805

Jews are like rats, but instead of disease they spread degeneracy.

A different kind of disease, a social disease.

They were kicked out of every European country many times but they always gravitated back, somehow.

And here we are, the rats have chewed away at our nations and here we are. Here we are, in broken societies, broken civilizations that used to rule the world but now our influence fades away and the man behind the curtain comes out. He has an ugly face, an outlandish nose, he looks like a rat even.

This secret spreader of diseases, this invisible rat man, he reveals himself to be Israel! And when you question the man on his perversion and corruption and disease spreading lust he simply shrugs and acts as if he does not understand.
>>
>>29290876
ugly white males are slowly becoming the most oppressed group on the planet.

We have to deal with,

being ugly,
feminism,
white guilt,
matriarchy

females hate ugly men
>>
>>29290961
i'm jewish, do you hate me?
>>
>>29290961
yep every facet of societal collapse is due to "jews", not the fact that humanity is depraved retard race of stupid plebeians.
>>
>>29290961
that's right, brush your own delusions,failures and perceptions aside and jump on the jew-hating bandwagon
>>
>>29290805
Even if this were true, why do you give a fuck?
>AD 2016
>not being apathetic

W H Y ?
H
Y
?
>>
>>29290971
this is your reason?

kill yourself please you disgusting shit
>>
File: Dan Carlin.jpg (40 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
Dan Carlin.jpg
40 KB, 640x428
>>29291067
I don't. In fact I hope for it. I'm just curious as to how the majority of people are so oblivious to the historical context of our civilization.
>>
>>29291087
>this is my reason

what are you talking about
>>
Humanity is willing its own end. We are committing suicide as a species because we don't want to progress any further.
>>
>>29291018

A Jew thinks this and that is why he relentlessly pushes his sick perversions onto society. Can you believe there was once a time when cities where not crime-ridden zoos full of chimps running around at night?

>>29290993

No, and I do not hate rats. That being said I try to avoid them as they spread diseases.

>>29291042

Why is it that Jews are at the top of every media organization? Is it just a coincidence? You don't think that the promotion of degenerate behavior by the media has had any effect on the population of the Western world?
>>
>>29291179
so you're calling me a rat because i'm jewish? so you hate all jews, even jews who are in no way related to this degeneracy spreading you speak off.
>>
>>29291179
>cities were not crime-ridden zoos
Never? You live in a fabricated history.
>>
>>29291095

Go back to bed Ben, if there is a Ben, none of us here want whatever you are sick with this week.
>>
>>29290805

reminder people have been whining about how civilization is going to implode since at least ancient greece, whenever anyone gets any comfort they start worrying it'll go away

meanwhile in reality technology is always improving and violent crime has been going down steadily for the last few decades
>>
>>29291259
>since ancient greece
Anon, what happened to the ancient greeks?
>>
File: 1429170033175.gif (972 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
1429170033175.gif
972 KB, 800x445
>>29291259
ahhh

are you completely unaware that after the fall of Rome and Greece it took like 1500-2000 years for civilization to get anywhere near what it was?

This is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>29291204

I don't hate all Jews, but its Jews are responsible for the state our society is in today. Many have publicly stated their intentions and many of the most extreme anti-white activists are Jewish.

>>29291206

I don't. I firsthand experienced my city being turned to shit when a massive amount of niggers were moved into it. It's funny, even the most liberal hippies started to become racist. But that's just what happens when it's suddenly not safe to go outside at night and there's niggers loitering in the parking lots of every retail store, dealing drugs and getting into fights.
>>
>>29291349

Okay guys I'm done with shitposting for tonight, goodnight and thanks for the attention. I haven't talked to anyone all day so I had to pretend to hate Jews so someone would respond and the thread wouldn't just end up dying right after I posted which is usually what happens.

Tbh though there seems to be a lot of coincidences when it comes to Jews, something is probably up with them desu senpai.

Anyways have a nice day.
>>
>>29291287

Who cares about the dark ages. Even taking into account the bronze age and subsequent problems it's not that big of a deal. We are the caterpillar climbing two steps up then sliding one back, but we will always end up ahead.

We need to get to the stars but we will have another fall first. We are too engrossed with the pleasures of the body between gay rights, capitalism, and Gaia to think about the future of the species. We need our spirit broken for us to remember how fragile our basket is to have all of our eggs in it.

Falls are good, they teach invaluable lessons.
>>
>>29290805
>civilization

why does it matter? i'm barely connected to it anyway and it's not happening before i die so it won't affect me.
>>
>>29291456
>Falls are good, they teach invaluable lessons.

Like we've learned a single fucking thing. Society never learns.
>>
Maybe it's because every single shred of evidence from every single science as well as every posited theory from every credible school of thought, including basic fucking common sense, says that we are in fact living at the best time in history, you ignorant fucking highschooler?
>>
>>29291568
Holy fucking shit.

Really.

So according to you, Mr. J. RandomAnonymousBumblefuck, society as a whole has never progressed at all?

How do you wanna explain the fact that humans, on average, no longer live in fucking caves and shit on the floor? Seems like a pretty big hole in your theory of everything there bud.
>>
Why are stormpols such whiny pieces of shit?

It's not civilization that's falling. It's just that you guys are losers. And you don't interact with anyone but other losers so the present and future look bleak.
>>
>>29290876

I think it goes to far to say quality of life is increasing.

Standard of living is increasing, but people all over the world are living in an unprecedented state of isolation, with degraded sense of community and a lack of meaningful social cohesion.

Look how many hundreds of millions of people live pointless lazy lives in sprawling slums. Look how many hundreds of millions of people live isolated from a wider family clan or peer cohort in suburban homes, substituting meaningful socialization with social media and wasting away in front of a screen.

Modern life is definitely easier but I think it's without a doubt more miserable.
>>
>>29291287
>the Dark ages were an unenlightened age meme
You fell for Victorian-era self-fellating. Congrats, you got played like a fool by people who died 200 years ago.
>>
>>29291678
You answered your own question friend.
>>
>>29290805
>>29290892
>>29291713

We are the beautiful NEETs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
File: 4.jpg (7 KB, 200x216) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
7 KB, 200x216
I do realise it, but I stopped caring.
Im not about to get a headache because this world is going to shit. Just going to live and focus on my own life for the most part, when the world burns, I'll watch it and enjoy it.
>>29290876
I dont know about the quality of life. People are more scared in Europe than ever before, people are uncomfortable because nignogs everywhere, increased crime rates, fear of terrorism and suicide rates are on a heavy rise.
I dont see how anything is getting better atleast in Europe. Maybe in murica.
Maybe my home country will get back to the top 5 countries with most suicides every year. Per capita is probably up there already.
>>
Literally since ancient greece people have been saying "we are in the middle of the decay and downfall of civilization". We have been fine so far.
>>
>>29291087
To be fair, white men got society where it is, and are maintaining society's status.
I'm sick and tired of Tyrone fucking our women and wasting our money and economical balance. Chad was a bit much, this is too much.
>>
>>29291678
You lack perception skills and have zero knowledge of history if you seriously think we live in the pinnacle of civilisation.

I am going to assume you live a very sheltered life, most likely an American who defines the borders of reality with the borders of the united states.
>>
File: 2013-08-15 21.53.33.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-15 21.53.33.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>29293502

Talking baloney, europe was scared as fuck off complete nuclear annihilation during the cold war, scared of the red terror, and many communist terrorist, and ww2 was 70 years ago.
Its only better now, europe has the best of everything since, well ever.

Like people think europe was some hot spot in the dark ages, fuck that would've been awful.

Ok so there are a lot of refugees, all refugees become assimilated eventually bro, not a cuck but sick of all these my countries dying!!!

increase in black people doesnt mean decrease in white people, there are still more white people alive than ever before if that takes away your silent genocide fears.
>>
Maybe I'm a cynical bitter jaded autist of some kind but, I really do feel on a social and cultural level that this is a dark age.
Not a physical illness but, a emotional and mental one.
>All this empty headed idealism,
>All this inversion of discrimination being labeled as "progress"
>The increase of chimping out.

Something is wrong and its getting worse. The solution, the cure is way too out of reach.
>>
>>29290931
>pretty sure
>can't be bothered to look up statistics himself
>just believes his own intuition
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.