[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heros of Robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: z-thompson.jpg (45 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
z-thompson.jpg
45 KB, 600x300
Who were the god among men, the prowling souls that were one of a kind and questioned the ethics of their kind, and for those lucky enough to know of their existence, could look from afar, and when given the chance, they would approach them, hoping their persona would rub off on them. Who do you think walls into this category. For me, Hunter S. Thompson was "A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
>>
>>29290507
if he didnt fry his brain on drugs he could've been great. But instead chose to ride the coattail of one thing for 40 years
>>
>>29290507
he was a pedo
>>
>>29290801
and a wife beater. He was a mortal man, with many flaws. But if we condemn those of us who tred on new lands because they stepped on the grass, we would never advance.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x275
People to look up to? The main character of whatever video game, controlled by me. It's a shitty circle that leads to mediocrity in the real world. You're constantly wondering who holds your own controller. Is that what this is about, op? You're wondering who pulls my strings? I surely don't know.
>>
>>29290946
he was also nuts and nearly drowned bill murray
>>
>>29291011
yea and on Jack Nicholson's birthday, he went over and shot at his house while the sounds of beasts where playing from speakers that Hunter brought with him, all the while Jack was in the building with he's kids.
I don't think anyone is debating if he was insane or not, but his morals and what the mentality that he was putting out there in his prime was unmatched, since he portrayed most of his actions and events thru the language of journalism, trying to convey it to the public with the line of fantasy and dry truth being blurred by the reader's amount of trust and willingness to beleave
>>
>>29290507
do people actually have heroes? i've never really had anyone i looked up to since i was a kid. everyone's a piece of shit underneath.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeZMGx4q6c

>Drake suffered from major depression. This was often reflected in his lyrics. On completion of his third album, 1972's Pink Moon, he withdrew from both live performance and recording, retreating to his parents' home in rural Warwickshire. On 25 November 1974, at the age of 26, Drake died from an overdose of approximately 30 amitriptyline pills, a prescribed antidepressant. His cause of death was determined to be suicide.
>>
File: what.png (514 KB, 1208x685) Image search: [Google]
what.png
514 KB, 1208x685
>>29290983
Here is something interesting. Would you rather know that someone, something else apart from you which you have no connection to, has the strings tied to his finger tips. Or would you rather know that there are no strings, and every move you make is made souly because of you, where there is no one to blame for the good and evil you create. Or would you rather not know anything at all?
>>
>>29291203
and what connection did you feel to this man? The decision he took towards his depression? Or the sense that he expressed his inner emotions thru the music he composed, where the music he made was in actuality a poetic suicide note that you could enjoy?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.