[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is drinking tonight? Got a few beers for the evening.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1458611245247.jpg (46 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1458611245247.jpg
46 KB, 600x549
Who else is drinking tonight?

Got a few beers for the evening. I want to get drunk tonight and forget about everything for a little while. Temporary happiness.
>>
>>29288371
I ferment my own shit and mix it with beer to mask the awful taste, but it's probably way too many calories, so not tonight, nope. Friday I will.

I hope to set up a still soon, to eschew some of those extra fatty calories in all my shit. If you buy alcohol, you've got no good reason not to buy spirits, if you're worried about getting a gut
>>
I just drank a Guinness but it just made me more pissed off.
>>
>>29288371
I took down 4 budweisers I had in the fridge, and just switched over to absinthe.

Completely coincidentally, actually, while reading Hemingway.
>>
>>29288652

best kind of alcoholic, the book readin kind. you are my people

>>29288371

Alcoholism was the funnest, most fucked up period of my life. Gave the limp noodle to several grills and was wasting away at 24, drinking just ot be able to leave the house. Ah, youth. Good times
>>
>>29288711
I spent a good 3 or 4 years not reading, but with a lot of free time at work, I've taken it back up again. The Lost Generation always spoke to me exceptionally, before I was an alcoholic. Now that I am, and have lived through heartaches, pain, and lost loves, they click with me on every level. Now I just need to travel Europe. I've never left the US.

One of my only remaining irl friends and I are discussing buying a couple bottles of *real* absinthe (not this butchered american stuff with minimal wormwood), and spending a weekend without sleep or sobering up just cranking out novel ideas. I'm trained in engineering, but would love to write a novel at some point.
>>
>>29288652
are you doing the absinthe ritual?
>>
>>29288943
It's the only way to drink it.

Absinthe in the glass, sugar on the absinthe spoon (I don't have cubes, but get chunks in my sugar from humidity, so do what I can), and ice cold water gently poured over the sugar, while I just think and reminisce.
>>
>>29288371
>tonight
nah i'm getting drunk now
>>
>>29289175

What are you drinking? Liquor, wine, or beer?
>>
>>29289267
Well usually i'd drink whisky but right now its shitty premix bourbon.
>>
>>29288785
>One of my only remaining irl friends and I are discussing buying a couple bottles of *real* absinthe (not this butchered american stuff with minimal wormwood), and spending a weekend without sleep or sobering up just cranking out novel ideas. I'm trained in engineering, but would love to write a novel at some point.

romantic / comfy af

you remind me of my best friend...

He's in AA now
>>
>>29289341
I've had a very long past 2 weeks of soul-crushing. We're currently debating on pinning down a city. We want somewhere where we can meet characters in bars who might really inspire us. I'm from St Louis, and he recently moved to Iowa. We're talking about Chicago, but I'm not sure. Any other suggestions that aren't too far from us?
>>
>>29289267
>tfw I just realised I won't have enough to get pissed
Might go back out later and buy some proper stuff
>>
>>29289373
I actually just tossed out the idea of just throwing a marker down out west, and driving there, and hitting every bar in a radius. At each bar, we'd have some tale to tell. Nothing ridiculous, but something interesting to get people talking. One bar, we may be two novelists out trying to write a great new american novel. Another, we may have been members of a "company" that operated for the US government, armed, in a "country" we can't "talk about", another we may have spent a summer dealing blackjack in North Vegas. Just minor out-there but believable tales, to coax out interesting and inspiring discussion with people.
>>
>>29288785
where are you gonna buy the absinthe? Im looking into that too
>>
>>29289458
I'm friends with people on moderndrunkard.com, and have been told this site works well:

http://www.originalabsinthe.com/
>>
>>29289513
sorry, moderndrunkardmagazine.com
>>
>>29289456
thats fucking brilliant.
Sometimes I wonder why I come here.
People like you. >>29289373 and you keep me coming. Happy people generally dont come up with good Ideas, theyre already happy, why would they want anything else?
>>
>>29289537
Those were both actually me evolving out ideas over the evening and getting further into my drinks. We're trying to figure out how to do this as wagecucks without much time off yet.
>>
>>29288711

How old are you. fellow anon?
>>
>>29289373
>Any other suggestions that aren't too far from us?

Joshua Tree, Marfa TX, Philadelphia (it's far but VERY colorful and extreme alcoholism here)

Here are some profiles of philadelphians for you:

(search his page for "obscured america")
http://www.unz.com/author/linh-dinh/

Or this..
https://kensingtonblues.com/archives/
>>
>>29289633

30 this year my senpai
>>
>>29289534
>>29289513
Thanks. I was thinking of saving up 4 ounces of weed, 5 cans of dip, 5 packs of cigs, and 20 bottles of liquour and taking a week off work to bend and read Dostoevsky.
Gonna pull the plug on my internet too. All I will do is go on walks, drink, smoke, eat, and read.
Might be fun.
>>
>>29288371

I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't valentines day or something and that's why people would be drinking alone
>>
>>29289769

31 here. How are your 30s treating you?

>>29289805

It is (was) the 14th...
>>
>>29289694
I really want to spend a week camping out in the desert out west. I'd love to hit the Mojave or Death Valley, but those parks are strict on shooting. At some point, I intend to solo roadtrip out west to spend some nights in the desert reflecting, and shooting in the wilderness, away from anybody.

TX might be a bit far. I'm thinking under twelve hours.
>>
>>29289805
>not drinking alone every night
>>
>>29289043
Good way to wake up underneath a dinning room table.
>>
>>29288371
don't fucking tempt me. I'm underaged for drinking, but I really want to
>>
>>29289624
What do you do for employment?
A.You are in a great job/job you spent a while building up. No vacation, sorry.
B.You are in a shit menial job and it can be exchanged with any other no qualification job.
If you selected B, interview and secure another job while working at this first one. Tell your new boss at your second job you cannot start for a few months, and quit your old job. Leave on good terms and be polite to get recommendations.
There you have a few months
>>
>>29289945
buy some shrooms, go at least 50 miles from other humans, right before sunrise eat double recommended dose, and engage vision quest.
>>
File: feel noir.png (33 KB, 588x538) Image search: [Google]
feel noir.png
33 KB, 588x538
>>29288371
I drink heavy beer brews primarily, I'm almost done with a 6-pack. Tonight's a light night because I have work tomorrow. Someone please kill me I'll give you an address if you promise to kill me quickly in my sleep tonight
>>
>>29290188
I'm in an internship in my super-senior summer for engineering. I can't just duck out of it, unfortunately.
>>
File: tfwwaffensmoking.jpg (147 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
tfwwaffensmoking.jpg
147 KB, 800x900
>>29290265
>tfw just about the same, but drink a six pack of cheap beer a night and a couple bottom shelf liquor drinks, just to keep the cost low

I guess I still hold out hope I'll find "that reason" (a wife to have kids with... something I was close to and lost) to want a large home in the country, with all the things she and I had planned...
>>
>>29290309
how many levels of super are we talking here?
HS or uni?
Does your job extend to the end of the summer or do you have a few gap weeks?
>>
>>29290335
I'd rather have a good friend with a mutual affection then a wife. But then again i'm on /r9k/ for a reason.
>>
File: sg.png (1 MB, 1429x1073) Image search: [Google]
sg.png
1 MB, 1429x1073
>>29290335
>just to keep the cost low
I finally make enough that I don't have to keep the cost low with alcohol anymore, although I certainly notice how heavy it's hitting my wallet every week.

>reason
A life well lived is its own reason, friend. If you find a good relationship, that's wonderful, I'd be so happy for you. If you have siblings, or cousins, or friends, try to live out your procreation instincts vicariously through their own children -- don't be a fucking creep, but be the kind uncle or "Dad's cool friend" or whatever. Offer to babysit a lot, if it's appropriate, perhaps.

>close
How so? Did she leave, did you sperg out on her, was it something more tragic? tfw lost someone myself, almost too long a story to greentext and it would hurt too much to save a copypasta greentext to my PC
>>
Drinking me some stolly.

Cheeki breeki lads
>>
At this hour of the day I always drink myself to sleep with absinthe but today I got some weed
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.