[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canbot thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1465552287761.gif (32 KB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
1465552287761.gif
32 KB, 371x500
/Update me on the supreme Court/ edition

Anyways I've been out of the loop for a while, and I've been wondering, what happened to the assisted suicide laws? I know they had a court meeting on the 6th, did they reach their verdict? What is it? Now what do we do? Where can we go to die? How long until centers are set up? Will it be more practical, or is there no information on that stuff yet?

Also this thread is to inform fellow canbots about the proposed suicide laws, since existing is pretty sucky desu.

Pic semi related, happy suicide dance
>>
Here's info I obtained from a thread long ago

Not messing with you. Yes, it will take effect country-wide, though each province will probably implement it a bit differently. I am also in the GTA (Toronto) so we are in the same boat.

The details aren't known yet and won't be until the Liberals table a bill in parliament. But so far things are looking very promising. Assuming the Supreme Court's intent is upheld you will need to have a "grievous" medical condition that is "irremediable" and causes you "intolerable" suffering. You will not need to actually be dying, have any physical ailment or have accepted any treatment.

A bit of background reading:

Supreme Court strikes down Canada's assisted suicide laws
http://globalnews.ca/news/1815749/supreme-court-strikes-down-canadas-assisted-suicide-laws/

Physician-Assisted Dying
http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/pad-amm/index.html

Assisted Suicide - End-of-Life Law and Policy in Canada
http://eol.law.dal.ca/?page_id=236
>>
>>29287344
>Assuming the Supreme Court's intent is upheld you will need to have a "grievous" medical condition that is "irremediable" and causes you "intolerable" suffering.
Gee, that's still hard to argue. They would probably demand like, at least a year of psychotherapy to "prove" that you can't be cured. And even then they'd say that your suffering is no big deal; you're just a loser, deal with it. :(
>>
No Canadian friends here? Have you all burned down in the fire?
>>
>>29287409
Yah, convincing them would be hard, but we do live in a leftist feeling society don't we? People can probably claim that oppression or something, or that a custom gender white old male wouldn't understand my pain. There has to be a way to manipulate this, like a sob story or something... ANYTHING
>>
>>29287459
Heh, oh yeah..
I think we're probably NEVER going to get any sympathy as cis white males.
You're right, we need our custom genders and need to start working on our stories ASAP!
>>
>>29287580
And considering today's demographics (and affirmative action),we'll probably get to talk to some leftist numale or some soft emotional female. it's a risk, but if it doesn't work, there's still the rope.
>>
>>29287628
>there's still the rope
kek, nahh. If I'm going to die, I want those fuckers to have to deal with it. I'm gonna waste as much of the government's time and paper as possible.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.