[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grocery bagger feels thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1427757666159.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1427757666159.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
Anyone else here a bagger/cashier at a grocery store?

>tfw you start bagging someones huge cart in plastic and when you've already bagged like four bags they go "Oh please use paper" or "Oh I brought my own bags"

>tfw customers come with two carts full and they give you two reusable bags and say "I want these all in here, no plastic at all please" Then get mad when you don't bag it exactly right or if it's too heavy

>Customers that get mad when you politely tell them an item is no longer on sale and act like you're trying to rip them off.

>Customers that go and complain to the service desk and tell them to yell at you because you slightly squished their shitty white trash bread
>>
>>29286107
Nobody here works in a grocery store?
>>
>>29286453
b-bumping one last time ;-;
>>
I don't work there per say, but I am a vendor. Those guys run all over the store right?
>>
>>29287527
Pretty much yeah. We have to do price checks and restock things people ended up not wanting to buy and bringing in the carts
>>
File: drake why.jpg (28 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
drake why.jpg
28 KB, 649x649
In the UK we usually have to bag ourselves
>>
>>29287587
Some norweigans came by the other day and they were completely weirded out at me bagging their groceries for them.
>>
>>29286107
why don't you grow up and work in a department not meant for 16 year olds?
>>
File: 1436670748941s.jpg (4 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
1436670748941s.jpg
4 KB, 250x202
niggers on the first of the month..or niggers with WIC checks that know there getting the wrong item but will try there oggy boogy talk and then go complain ...ehhh just niggers
>>
File: 14514594451.jpg (874 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
14514594451.jpg
874 KB, 600x750
This job has too much social interaction.

I WANT OUT
>>
Try working in a hot factory with foreigners yelling and a jew boss

At least i get all the coffee beans i want.
>>
>>29287721
I was trained as a cashier but they have me mostly bagging and now they're complaining that I don't do bagger duties properly even though I was trained as a bagger for 2 hours one day

corporations man

>>29287737
>WIC

>OH BUT THEY LET ME BUY THIS LAST TIME

Most problematic WIC people are white trash. Never really had a problem with black WICs, they just have multiple checks so it takes longer.
>>
Sounds like Kroger

Kroger makes me want to kill myself
>>
File: 40 acres and a mule.png (72 KB, 285x190) Image search: [Google]
40 acres and a mule.png
72 KB, 285x190
>>29286107
I've worked at a grocery store for five years now and been trained in five different positions, so I'm never scheduled as a bagger anymore. I have to say, though, that I miss those days sometimes. It's one of the easier jobs in the store (second only to cashiering, perhaps) and you get a fair bit of freedom to move around and do different odd jobs as long as they need to be done. You also got to go out on half-hour cart shifts to bring them back up to the storefront, and that allowed you to take a break from customers and get out in the weather (also was some of the only exercise I ever got back in the day).

A lot of the customers were shitty like OP said, but I didn't take it personally and my managers have always known that I do a good job, so the complainers always got laughed at once they left.

>>29287721 is right when he says that the position is mostly meant for younger kids. It seems that that's even more true now than it was when I first started. I always get pissed because the young baggers fuckin' suck these days. I know for a fact that I was never that bad.

tl;dr I work in other departments now but often miss the bagger days
>>
>>29286107
>That feel when you bag a bottle of wine but the bag somehow breaks and the customer demands another bottle of wine for free.
>Manager thinks I'm stealing wine because of this now.
>She still shops there and gives me instructions on how to do my job.

I really want to quit this job
>>
>>29288080
There's also one customer in my store who has some kind of germoahobia or peculiar OCD that causes him to insist that each item get put in one of the smaller-sized bags by itself and tied up.

Some of the fuckers that shop there have the weirdest requests, but I usually just get over it. To me, the customers are the best and worst part of the job. Nothing surprises me anymore. Another customer always asks for double-paper inside plastic; another asks for paper in triple-plastic.

One of my least favorite customers is a short-tempered guy who micro-manages every single bag that he wants made--he'll actually parse out the items into different groups that are each meant to be one bag. Now that I recognize him, though, it's less of an ordeal. I do enjoy watching people try to deal with him for the first time.

I'll close by saying that there's one guy that everyone in the store knows simply as "smelly guy". He has a bizarre musk that can be detected from--no exaggeration--two or three aisles away. I often smell him before I see him. It's not even like a typical body odor; it's this distinct pungent old-man scent. He seems nice enough, but one year he wore the same Tasmanian devil t-shirt every day.
>>
this is all too true. i currently work at my local grocery store and i can vouch. out where i live we have lots of the hick type and they tend to get real pissed when one thing goes wrong.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.