[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travelling for months on the cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: d1b61c2be90.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
d1b61c2be90.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
Are any of you versed in going away, gap year style to another country for fucking months on the cheap? I'm thinking of doing it, I've got about 3.5k pounds to my name, if I just hope on a few flights around the Med will that money carry me far/for very long?

I don't think the world of work is for me, a little like what John Maynard Keynes said: In the long run, we're all dead.

So why should I slave away like an absolute wagecuck if in theory I can go travel and see the world and shit for cheap.

I feel like this could be the escape for robots, you can actually run from your problems when you travel the world, might even alleviate the social anxiety...
>>
i have considered the same, but my mum wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>29285656
>might even alleviate the social anxiety...
Has anyone who has actually done this became a more comfortable and social person? I feel like if I were to take off travelling, I would just end up going to museums/landmarks alone, only speaking to people if I need directions, then come home as miserable and alone as ever.
>>
>>29286546
Like I said, the anxiety should go really because you can gtfo whenever, like dropping your spaghetti but being able to leave it there care free.
>>
>>29285656
ive been wanting to do this for years, but i literally dont know what to do or where to even start. dont know what to bring, where to go, where to stay, how much money i should have, it just seems like it requires a lot of planning.
>>
File: 1448946556451.png (7 KB, 364x313) Image search: [Google]
1448946556451.png
7 KB, 364x313
>>29286546
i feel a lot calmer and more sociable when travelling overseas.
sitting on a plane next to someone you dont know for hours forces you to be sociable.
also for some reason i generally feel less 'threatened' the times i have traveled to the US, americans are easily approachable and liked me because i had a foreign accent.
>>
>>29286701
I feel like you could probably wing it, yunno, at first it would be expensive but over time you'd start to figure out the cheapest way to get about things, how to find good food on the cheap, where / when to reside in places, etc.
>>
>>29285656

I think I recognize the music video
>>
>>29285656
>about 3.5k pounds

you are almost likely to buy some old camper (recreational vehicle) to wander around for months
>>
File: 2188542133_ecb3860dd8_b.jpg (306 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
2188542133_ecb3860dd8_b.jpg
306 KB, 1024x682
>ywn be alive in the 60s
>ywn drive a VW kombi with your hippie friends through the middle east and europe smoking hash every day
>>
>>29286744
Shift K3Y - I Know

The video is topical
>>
>>29286806
Yeah see I'd be fine with that, it's just that the middle east isn't exactly prime travelling zone right now, and europe isn't cheap, africa aint too stable either - but I want to go somewhere with a med-like climate :/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.