[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here lie when they have to speak to strangers? For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
Does anyone here lie when they have to speak to strangers? For example lying about your job, what your doing later in the day etc to the hairdresser.

I might just start making shit up instead of saying nothing and sitting in silence. it could be fun. I could pretend to be who I want to be
>>
Yeah, I do that. I recommend it, especially if you're a boring and awkward loser neet like myself.

Just say whatever
>>
>>29285062
This. I'm considering mastering a few accents and learning about corresponding places in order to get coolpoints for being foreign
>>
>>29285062
All the time, actually. I try and guess what response would get them to be more interested, does anyone else do that?
>>
Yes. If it's someone I'm never going to meet again there is nothing wrong with lying. Just be sure to know what you're lying about. If you're lying about work and school, you better be knowledgeable in the subject you're lying about in case they start questioning you.

>lie about being currently in post-grad when you're a neet ;)
>>
File: 1465944334490s.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465944334490s.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>29285062
Y'all niggas Holden Caulfield
>literally
>introverted
>weird
>problematic approach to women
>lies about empty life
i love this place
>>
>>29285062
Yes, all the time, not their fucking business.
>>
pretty much every social interaction is just a series of me stringing together and weaving through improvised lies. it's kind of exhausting keeping track of them all, but it's necessary. i think i'm pretty good at it.

being truthful is just a bad idea, for me at least. i either get weird stares or people laughing at me, so i just don't do it.
>>
>>29285062
Started a few years ago, can't stop

What I learned from that is that people don't care what anyone says during small talk ever

Girls get intrigued and think you're flirting if you don't give them straight answers
>>
>>29285062
Literally everyday, some people find it endearing while others find it infuriating. I think it's becoming pathological where even I'm starting to believe it. I got messaged last night by someone I didn't know on Steam and I literally just spewed bullshit out my ass and he believed it.
>>
File: 1463977237069.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1120) Image search: [Google]
1463977237069.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1120
>>29285677
I'm reading CITR and Holden was kind of a normie.

>have a lot of different friends including girls
>can easily go into night clubs and talk to people
>has no problem setting up dates with girls on the spot
>loves his family
>chats up strangers and hits on girls easily
>>
>>29285062
I kinda like the idea, I always fantasy about being MR. Nobody and being different people everytime. Met people an actually convince them of my characters sounds fun
>>
Interaction with checkout lady at walmart.
>"Wow, looks like you're having a party!"
>Yeah, housewarming party.
>"Aww first time buying buying house?"
>Yeah *big smile*
>"Well good luck to you!"

She was so happy for me, anons. Felt so good.
>>
>>29285062
Everyone does that tho, well everyone but robots since it doesn't matter once it gets this bad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.