[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got prescribed Zoloft and a mood stabilizer for bipolar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: index.png (10 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
index.png
10 KB, 247x204
I just got prescribed Zoloft and a mood stabilizer for bipolar. what am I in for r9k?
>>
>>29284422
what mood stabilizer?
what bipolar?
>>
You're not gonna be happy or sad, just feel an emotionless void. Also your sex drive will be lowered. It basically removes the peaks and bottoms of your emotional "curve" to put it in blunt terms.

It's not meant to cure it, it's meant to get you in check and then you take active steps towards making it better, like exercise and make changes away from a self destructive lifestyle.
>>
>>29284496
Sooo no more depression but also no more happiness? That sounds horrible.
>>
File: image.gif (430 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
430 KB, 400x333
You better ask for Prozac instead of Zoloft because you're going to get splitting headaches and you'll probably shit your sheets in your anti depressant fueled coma
>>
>>29284496
>>29284579
mood stabilizers don't necessarily affect your emotions or emotional capacity, though some of them can be emotionally blunting

it's hard to generalize across the class. lamotrigine is not much like quetiapine.

>It basically removes the peaks and bottoms of your emotional "curve" to put it in blunt terms.

this isn't true, if you're referring to mood stabilizers. they aren't emotion stabilizers. why are you even posting memes here when you've obviously never had such a script?
>>
File: il_340x270.739101236_adie.jpg (46 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.739101236_adie.jpg
46 KB, 340x270
>>29284700
just to elaborate, i'm on three mood stabilizers at substantial therapeutic doses (lithium, quetiapine, and lamotrigine) and i cry, feel happy, and experience the full range of emotions like anyone else. i also have a completely normal sex drive. what i don't have is bipolar mood states.

i'm somewhat lucky. significant minorities of patients report emotional blunting on those medications, especially on seroquel and quetiapine. but that is by no means the norm for those who are properly medicated on mood stabilizers, and it would be silly to suggest that's basically what they "do" iron out your emotional curve/wrinkles or whatever. you need not face that on such meds.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.