[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>started a small IT business >making good profit >only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 31
File: 1425516124895.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1425516124895.png
5 KB, 645x773
>started a small IT business
>making good profit
>only hire based on ability and not who knows who
>normalfag employees try to "recommend" their friends to me
>tell them we don't do nepotism
>they get extremely asshurt that I won't let people cheat in life just for being Chad

Feels extremely good man. I started my own business because of this, and now I get to fight the good fight.

I couldn't get a good job out of college despite having relevant and demanded skillset and graduating cum laude in STEM. Meanwhile, friends with less/no skills and worse grades got jobs immediately for "knowing people".
>>
I don't have any experience. How am I supposed to get a job then?
Also could you recommend any resources for getting into it on my own?
>>
Well done pal
>>
>>29284248
I love you OP. you're the man if this is real. Fuck this job market and fuck HR.
>>
>>29284248
kek

wagie cucking chad is pretty funny desu
>>
>>29284305
You need to work a shitty job like I did for two years and save up capital, and during that time you look up business tactics, what is demanded in your area so you know whether to move for the business you want to start, find the cheapest brick and mortar location, look up how to advertise, get a business license, etc

>>29284310
Just doi
>>
Do you think I'll be successful applying to do a software development apprenticeship if I already have a degree?
Business just ain't working out for me and I want a fresh challenge.
>>
>>29284248
Keep it up brobot.

You are the pride of robots out there
>>
>>29284361
You need a work ethic if your IQ isn't high. Get tested for that, and you can make an informed decision.

>>29284376
Just doing my part to fight normalfaggotry
>>
only a matter of time until you get eaten alive by the big chains, but best of luck hanging in there as long as you can.
>>
>>29284404
I won't be. Stay mad though.
>>
>>29284331
You're welcome, but I think you should fight it yourself in any way you can. Just me alone won't make enough of a statement unless I grow to be enormous.
>>
>>29284248
What do you do IT for?
>>
godspeed anon, you are doing god's work.
i think i will try to do the same too.
but it will be hard, and how do you get people to work with you? they are your partners?
do you ask for money to the jews?
>>
>>29284248
Stupid. You're letting petty emotional issues cloud your business judgment. Employee referrals are valuable.
>>
>>29285547
How so?
Original
Fuck the robot
>>
File: 1457474006877.jpg (45 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1457474006877.jpg
45 KB, 555x555
> was probably a loser working dead end jobs straight out of college
> starts own IT business
> deny people jobs because they are "chads"
> not giving people jobs when he knows he was once in the same shit situation
> justifys it by saying they're "chads"
im working towards a degree in IT at the moment and if i found out you worked like that i wouldn't want to work for you. you are the problem. and im top of my class
>>
How do you know you're not actually missing potential good employees this way? If the people you hired refer someone don't you think they might be good employees?
>>
>>29284248
You are the CEO we need!
>>
File: artistpepe.jpg (14 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
artistpepe.jpg
14 KB, 300x299
>>29284248
you're doing gods work!

oregano oregano
>>
>>29285960
>> was probably a loser working dead end jobs straight out of college

The reason I "lost" was because I wasn't a socialite

>quoting Chad

You clearly are new and are butthurt that I don't let guys like you run all over everyone else.

>> deny people jobs

I don't deny anyone jobs, I simply am not going to give you an upper hand for knowing one of my employees.

> not giving people jobs when he knows he was once in the same shit situation

What the hell are you talking about? Having friends to get you free work is a shit situation?

> justifys it by saying they're "chads"

Dude fuck off.

>>29286117
Anyone is welcome to apply, I'm simply not going to give you priority or an unfair advangtage just because the employee is friends with them or knows them.

You assume just because someone recommends a guy they are automatically good. This attitude is nonsense. They may be recommending them simply because they think they're a cool guy and he makes them laugh.
>>
Keep on like that OP. I was frustrated as you for the whole connections thing.
>>
>>29286531
thanks, I will. Don't let this shit get you down. You have to become clever enough to carve a way through life if you aren't a normalfag.
>>
>>29285953
Because they already have social ties to the company. And good people know each other etc. Good companies give thousands of dollars bonuses for successful employee referrals.
>>
>>29286570
I am a normalfag, but im prideful as fuck and so far i have been rejecting all the jobs my friends or family offered just because they knew me. But no one answers to my resumes ever.

So i decided ill make my own bussiness somehow. Still thinking about what to do. Maybe trying to be my own boss is the best way.
>>
>>29286605
>Because they already have social ties to the company

How does that make the company better? How is that in any way an advantage? I'll answer that for you: It doesn't and isn't. All it does is give some guy a free ride for being friends with the right person.

You hire based on legitimate skill and capabilities and you get more money. Simple as that. Corporations probably go on nepotism because they incur more risks in the current tax climate.

>And good people know each other etc

You can't just assume someone is worth shit just because they know your employee. You have no understanding of the real reason why he was recommended.

I've known people to recommend someone for a job just for buying them a pizza. I've seen a software dev hire a bartender he just met who didn't know how to code for a 70k/yr position just for buying him a drink.

>so far i have been rejecting all the jobs my friends or family offered just because they knew me

People with morals and/or principles like you are rare these days. Kudos to you.
>>
the whole situation of it being so hard to get a job is fucked up. am i suppoosed to consider myself lucky if I get to spend most of my life slaving away for 9+ hours a day so I get to live decently for the next 7? At least 8 will go towards sleep so I'm actually able to do the job
>>
>>29286699
Second part mean for >>29286681
>>
>>29286707
It's fucked I know. You're pretty much never able to enjoy the middle of a weekday again.
>>
>>29286707
and then I have to spend a huge portion of that money on transportation to my job and overpriced lunch solutions so I don't pass out at work
>>
>>29286699
>*just for giving him free drinks
>>
>>29286742
>overpriced lunch solutions

That shit adds up fast. You could easily run through $400 of food between paycheccks
>>
>>29284305
>How am I supposed to get a job then?
Temp agencies.
In 2-3 months Christmas comes around.
Guaranteed work if you actually apply for it.
If they go "muh reference" lie, they may not check it.
>>
>>29286699
Dude you sound like a angsty teenager more than a businessman. Do you think Fortune 500 companies do this for no reason? Do you think companies pay 20k+ recruting fees for certain postions for fun? Your employee's social networks are a valuable resource.

Tbqh I don't think you or your business are going to make it.
>>
>>29286707
Pretty much, gotta keep the wheels turning for the upper class so they can live in luxury.
>>
File: e3b.jpg (31 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
e3b.jpg
31 KB, 645x773
>It's another lazy arrogant neckbeards righteously complain about having to work for a living episode.
>>
>>29286681
Youre literally retarded. There is no honour in what you're doing and you're only hurting yourself.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>29284248
The world needs more people like you

RIP the system
>>
Referrals make the world go around. Labeling it as 'nepotism' is retarded.
>>
>>29286787
You haven't really explained why employing people through hearsay and employees' friends is a advantageous in any way. You just called me an angsty teenager, and said that Fortune 500 companies commit to a practice, probably without even understanding why.

We will make it since we have only been growing and have plenty of investors and goodwill committed.

>>29286981
That statement isn't really saying anything. That's like saying ancient slavery is ok while it was going on.
>>
>>29287037
Are you literally retarded, or just stupid by way of stuborn?

Good programmers know each other. Good masons know each other. Good attorneys know each other. Etc. There is nothing malignant about referrals. If a guy is a good employee and vouches for a colleague that means way more than a guy off the street. I called it moronic teen angst because that's what it is. You're completely wasting a resource for no good reason.

Social networks are a major part of business. Especially small businesses. Grow up dude.
>>
File: 11ndex.jpg (5 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
11ndex.jpg
5 KB, 286x176
>my stupid robot personality was a complete social failure
>might as well apply the same principles to my business
>>
>>29284248
Yo! Negro, where I can send my resume?
>>
File: S7Ig0q4.jpg (51 KB, 617x900) Image search: [Google]
S7Ig0q4.jpg
51 KB, 617x900
>>29286970
Nice screenshot of a red samurai video
>>
>>29284411

I wasn't being sarcastic, i actually meant good luck. Stay defensive though!
>>
>>29284248
you are doing gods work OP

continue the path to our FREEDOM
>>
>>29287126
>Good programmers know each other.

In what way can you say that with finality? You're implying that if a good programmer exists, he must be socially active enough to know other programmers? You're saying a mason can't become trained without being recommended?

Your argument has no backing or basis in logic or common sense.

>You're completely wasting a resource for no good reason.

In what way? I hire based on who shows the most potential, I don't give arbitrary handouts for being lucky enough to know my employees. You're being silly. There is no waste of resources.

>Social networks are a major part of business. Especially small businesses.

No, they aren't. You look for results and the capabilities of employees.

>Grow up dude

Well I think I have, and I'm old enough to
recognize bait when I see it. No amount of calling me a child will change or enhance your argument, or what little there is of it.

>>29287226

Not everyone is socially capable. That's the way of the world. If you deny oppurtuinities to these people they will find their own way, as I have.

>>29287267
Sorry bro, guys like this >>29287226 and >>29287126 are everywhere. I apologize.

>>29287271
Hope it catches on and you are able to find better work. You shouldn't be disadvantaged just because you don't have tons of friends.
>>
>>29287126
>Social networks are a major part of business. Especially small businesses. Grow up dude.
wew lad this normie is getting desperate
>>
>>29285960
>a degree in IT

why
>>
File: dex.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
dex.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>29287317
>You're implying that if a good programmer exists, he must be socially active enough to know other programmers?
They go to college together asshole! They worked together before etc.

I stopped reading there. You're too stupid to live much less run a business. you will fail.
>>
File: 111.jpg (34 KB, 357x421) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
34 KB, 357x421
>>29287317
>let me run this capitalist endeavor via contrarian principle
>>
>>29284248
good Iad.
>>
>>29287351
Any decent IT job requires a BS. don't believe the memes.
>>
I've owned and operated a small business for the last 12 years. ALL of my hires have been referrals from friends, family and employees. Frankly, I don't believe OP even owns a business.
>>
>>29284334
How much were you making that you manage to quit in two years & what do you do?
>>
>>29287367
>They go to college together asshole! They worked together before etc.

And? That doesn't really say anything. There are many people who worked together before, but some hate each other and some didn't. Are you saying that working with someone should immediately qualify me for a job that they hand me, rather than my aptitude? That doesn't seem like the optimal choice for the company, logically it'd be better to choose the one more qualified, not the one people "like better".

>>29287394
Capitalism is characterized implicitly by self-interest and personal agency. I don't see what that has to do with requiring others to be socially capable.

>>29287469
35k/yr after taxes w/ data entry. Saved all of it. I lived with my parents to save on all expenses and I drove a hybrid that costs about $9 to fill up.
>>
I don't think there's any reason to give someone preferential treatment because they're a referral, but you should certainly consider their application just like anyone else's. This is what most companies do (at least the companies I've had experience with) and it does NOT sound like what you are doing since you tell your employees you "don't do nepotism" rather than just fucking looking at the application.
>>
>>29287126
>There is nothing malignant about referrals.
Every organization in the world knows this. From the Crips on up to Apple.

I agree with the other guy. I think OP is a little kid playing around. I don't believe he owns a business or employees anyone.
>>
>>29287501
Social aptitude is very important in doing well at a company. If you can't get along with your co-workers then you are going to be a less effective worker. You will be worse at collaborating on projects because you are worse at human interaction.
>>
File: 07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>29287501
>That doesn't really say anything.

>Yeah my buddy who I went to Carnege Melon with might be interetsed....
>I know a guy from when I was at SAP who could do this.

doesn't really say anything.
>>
>>29287448
So you operate differently than I do. Do what works for you.

>but you should certainly consider their application just like anyone else's

That's precisely what I do. I don't turn them down when people try to recommend friends, I tell them that they can apply like anyone else but they dont get priority.
>>
>>29287565
So that implies that, somehow, that people from Carnegie Mellon won't end up applying to your company anyways. Still nonsense.

>>29287544
>Social aptitude is very important in doing well at a company

In what way? Just because you are not charismatic or funny, which is how you get connections in the first place, doesn't mean you won't get along with your co-workers. The only way you won't is if you cause problems on purpose.
>>
>>29287647
>That's precisely what I do. I don't turn them down when people try to recommend friends, I tell them that they can apply like anyone else but they dont get priority.
Fucking retarded. Employee referrals are the best hires. Would you hire a plumber your brother referred or some guy you've never met before?

You're either an egomaniac or stupid. Either way, a shit businessman.
>>
>>29287501
>35k/yr after taxes w/ data entry. Saved all of it. I lived with my parents to save on all expenses and I drove a hybrid that costs about $9 to fill up.

Gotcha, so how much do you pay in rent? Salaries? Other monthly bills
>>
>>29287709
Why are you hiring someone just because your brother said they were decent?
>>
>>29287691
>So that implies that, somehow, that people from Carnegie Mellon won't end up applying to your company anyways. Still nonsense.
They won't retard. There is a reason recruiting and staffing is a billion dollar business. talent is valuable. Employee referrals are valuable. They're your backbone, especially as a small business.

You definitely don't own a business. I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>29287126
kys normie, OP is based
>>
>>29287709
He does have a point though. Do you want your workforce to be a clique of chas & Stacey's?
>>
>>29287729
He pays 666 memes a month and your pic is next to 'gullible' in the dictionary.
>>
>>29287691
Social aptitude does not just mean being charismatic or funny. It can mean being able to clearly communicate with other people; to express your business needs and to understand their business needs. Someone who lacks social aptitude across the board is likely to be a poor worker for exactly the reasons I described in my earlier post and what I reiterated here. Someone who gets recommended by a friend is not necessarily being recommended just because they're charismatic and funny, but also, being charismatic and funny is a good indicator that that person is likely good at other avenues of social interaction, such as business communication. And by the way, it is VERY easy and possible for the social inept to cause problems WITHOUT doing so on purpose. That's basically the whole idea of being socially inept.
>>
>>29287777
Yes! Chad is $. Stacy is $. Robots are welfare.
>>
>>29287709
>Employee referrals are the best hires.
the car dealership i work for would beg to differ.
maybe 2/10 of the people that are nepotism hires work out.
>>
Doing the lord's work OP. Nepotism is fucking bullshit.
>>
File: ages.jpg (6 KB, 196x151) Image search: [Google]
ages.jpg
6 KB, 196x151
>>29287691
>So that implies that, somehow, that people from Carnegie Mellon won't end up applying to your company anyways.
Being this fucking green.
>>
>>29287825
>the car dealership i work for would beg to differ.
That's because around 50% of your coworkers are probably on parole.
>>
>>29287834
According to these guys you're a fucking loser for not knowing the right people or being socially capable.
>>
>>29287849
i work in the business office, no one is on parole.

the other terrible part about hiring people that are close friends or family of other workers is that they will get ass blasted if their friend gets fired.
>>
>>29287871
Being socially incapable is one of the defining characteristics of a loser, yes.
>>
>>29287871
That's pretty much the definition of 'loser' anon.
>>
>>29287897
I guess having bad genetics is too. If a guy is short he'll have a hell of a time making good connections.

>>29287908
I find it funny how obnoxious normalfags are on this board. We'll just migrate elsewhere anyways. You didn't really win.
>>
>>29287871

For the record I just got a 6 figure job by going to a recruiting session at my university and sending in my resume. Funny thing is I actually have 2 friends who work for the company, but im too autistic to ever ask anyone for help. Oh well, things worked out.
>>
>>29284248

How do you even start and IT business? What do you do? Help a robot out, I want to learn.
>>
>>29287957
You get on the internet and tell lies for (You)s.
>>
File: thefaceofdoubt1.jpg (33 KB, 607x530) Image search: [Google]
thefaceofdoubt1.jpg
33 KB, 607x530
>>29287947
Six figure job right out of school?
>>
>all this angst and name calling over the idea of having to stand on your own two feet instead of getting a free pass because you were friends with the right person

If you're talented and capable, you wouldn't have anything to worry about under such a system. Now if you're a drug addict, under-qualified or a just plain bad worker, I can see why you'd be terrified of having to prove yourself capable.
>>
>>29288023
I know a guy who got 70k right out of the gate just for knowing his friend's dad, and he didn't even know any coding.

So much for "employee referrals are the best hires" when they guy you recommend doesn't know shit.

OP should keep doing what he's doing. Normalfags here are jsut mad he's breaking status quo and giving people who aren't socially adept a chance.
>>
>>29288028
>now if you're a drug addict, under-qualified or a just plain bad worker
sounds like normie problems to me
>>
>>29284305
>I don't have any experience. How am I supposed to get a job then?
Alright, the advice given to you in this thread about shit jobs and temp agencies is excellent, but keep in mind you can create an excellent resume with just one past job and a shitload of certifications. FEMA offers completely free online courses including Leadership, Management, etc where you can add those certificates to your resume. There are other free online courses/classes you can take to pad out your resume. You can also use your mom or trusted friends as references.

Another one is, you can volunteer for a place for a week or so (or even just one day) and put it down on your resume. And honestly you could probably just lie and say you volunteered somewhere for three months, put your friend's number as the reference, and get away scott free with it. If the business calls the actual volunteer place, you can just say your supervisor ended up leaving the business.

TL;DR - You can pad out your resume in countless ways and end up with a good as fuck resume just from free courses and a month's volunteering.
>>
>>29288028
Knowing the right people is a talent you fucking pleebs. Smh.
>>
>>29288051

30k is a big ass difference. That's most people's salary
>>
File: 1435800471742.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1435800471742.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>29288028
It's quite astounding how angry and defensive they are about it, while still giving no conclusive arguments on why it's a good thing.

Goes to show that they don't want to lose power. They literally want you to be homeless just because you aren't well liked by certain people.
>>
File: sign1.jpg (19 KB, 431x325) Image search: [Google]
sign1.jpg
19 KB, 431x325
>>29288051
>I know a guy who got 70k right out of the gate just for knowing his friend's dad, and he didn't even know any coding.
Sounds legit.
>>
>>29288073
>FEMA offers completely free online courses including Leadership, Management, etc
Poorfag detected. Holykek. What am I some Hurricane Sandy migrant?

Fuck outta here.
>>
>>29288097
i saw his paystub
>>
File: 111.gif (49 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
49 KB, 356x200
>>29288075
believing that retards moron story.
>>
File: 6149.jpg (63 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
6149.jpg
63 KB, 680x583
>>29288127
Totally convinced now.
>>
>>29288127
Well maybe he was sucking the old man's dick, because no one pays 70k to an entry level programmer who can't code. Stop memeing.
>>
>>29288149
I actually hope I'm full of shit. It's made me suicidal. Let's hope your'e right.
>>
>>29288126
>Poorfag detected.
I mean yes, if he's rich then by all means go take some prestigious courses, even better he can just go to tech school or college. But if he's not loaded, free FEMA government-certified courses are an excellent addition either way, especially ones like "Leadership and Management" which will look good to pretty much any hiring manager regardless of job.
>>
>>29288149
not that poster but I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between that poster's weird interpretation of reality and what actually happened.
It's likely the person was hired, did have connections, but is maybe a novice or not-so-great coder rather than totally unskilled.
>>
>>29288164
I'm right. I'm an oldfag. I've been around for awhile. Stories like that are urban myth.
>>
>>29288176
no he told me he couldnt code.
>>
>>29288176
That's not unreasonable. It definitely wasn't for 70k though.
>>
>>29288209
people often exaggerate details in stories to make mildly-good fortune seem more like a miracle
>>
>>29288236
Yeah, it's like a game of telephone. But people who are actually in the industry know better.
>>
>>29288074
But its not the talent the job is looking for.
>>
>>29288370
ONLY NORMALFAGS DESERVE TO THRIVE YOU LOSER NERD VIRGIN
>>
File: 1465717248528.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1465717248528.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>29284248
Hey Opie. Scrolling through and saw this.
I'm no Chad but I'm probably what you guys would call "normie". I just want you to know that much like the other anons(except for that faggot a few posts from the beginning), I too approve of your hiring process. If you didn't hire me I would know that I was unable to complete the task. I can rest easy knowing that I couldn't do something. Having to schmooze for results fucking sucks dick, dude.

Thanks for being real.
>>
>>29288370
Of course it is. Resourcefulness is important to most positions.
>>
>>29288390
>Thanks for being real.
A real phony.

OP is a teenage robot';s aproximation of what would be cool if he owned a busies.

No actual business owner thinks like OP. And for good reason.
>>
>>29288421
You need social skills to use people like that.

>>29288439
Maybe no business owners you know, but I know a few who are similar to OP. They do just fine.

None of you have given a real reason why people should hire based on hearsay
>>
>>29284248
Hi
Could you hire me to work online? I have a significant experience in the It business but I'm out of work.
>>
>>29288390
>Having to schmooze for results fucking sucks dick, dude.

Indeed it does, I'm just trying to help people out And make money doing it
>>
>>29288494
>I know...
I'm so sure dude. I like totally know a guy whose dad's godfather's friend got him a job for 700k a year and he only had an Associates degree.
>>
>>29288533
Unless you live in Cincinnati or are willing to move here, I can't really take you on. You're welcome to show me your resume and I can see if you fit, and if you do I'll leave the offer open as long as we still need what you offer.
>>
>>29288533
>Could you hire me to work online?
Yes! I pay 400 memes a week.
>>
File: 765ndex.jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
765ndex.jpg
5 KB, 194x259
>>29288561
>won't take an employee referral
>open to an anonymous guy on 4Chins
>>
>>29288614
Why is a guy on 4chan magically bad to hire? I've given freelance work and commission work to people on /g/ and they turned over results sooner and better than expected.

Also how is taking a guy's resume anything like giving preference to someone just because they were friends with the right guy?

Man you sound new.
>>
File: lego.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
lego.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>these assblasted normies ITT
>>
File: 7ndex.jpg (7 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
7ndex.jpg
7 KB, 224x224
>losers pretending to own a business ITT
>>
>>29288906
Plenty of kissless virgins own a business. It's one of the only options they have since they dont have tons of friends and contacts to hand them a job.
>>
>>29288737
Meh. It's just pretty hilarious that he's dead set against employee referrals but somewhat open to anonymous morons on the internet.

But yeah, I'm sure r9k is ripe w/ talent.
>>
>>29288944
Nigga plz. Owning your own business is HARDER than having a job. you have to be even MORE socially adept.

But I'm talking about a real business. Not selling break/fix services on Craigslist or shit on fiverr or whatever you neckbeards think qualifies.
>>
>>29288851
I don't care if anything in this thread is true or not, it gave me some prime shitposting material for the future

>>29288950
>normies prioritizing other normies during the hiring process is fine
>robots supporting other robots is horrible why are you guys excluding me :'(((
>>
>>29287367
>He thinks college makes you a programmer/a good programmer
fucking moron.
>>
>>29289010
He's getting revenge and is no better than the normies he hates. He's validating the normies' behavior. This is all a revenge fantasy anyways. Not real
>>
>>29289028
Nigga plz. That belief is shared w/ every top company in the world. But sure. yeah a MIT degree means nothing. Caltech...plz. I've got a line on some retard who learned in his basement.

Grow up.
>>
>>29288906
I own a restaurant. I sell nothing but pancakes out of my garage window
>>
>>29289048
>He's getting revenge
Like anyone who has anything going for them would want to work for this retard's fictitious company.
>>
>>29289089
I'm working for him and I have everything going for me. He just hired me.

Thanks boss
>>
>>29288023

graduate school, phd in chemistry
>>
>>29289122
400 memes a week goes a long way in Cincinnati. You're ahead of the game anon!
>>
>>29289150
Still, no. Nice try.
>>
>>29289150
Outside of academia and medicine, a PhD will for the most part hurt your career.
>>
>>29289070
>He thinks his 4 year little adventure in college is equal to 4(or more) years of programming experience
lol.
Companies don't care about your piece of paper, child. They care about skills. There are so many CS students being churned out that don't even know how to fucking write a for loop that it's become a fucking joke in the industry at this point.
>>
>>29284248
Thanks OP, you are doing the god's work

I hope someday you will hire one of us

If he's good ofc
>>
>>29289201
>Companies don't care about your piece of paper, child.
I'm a professional recruiter. They absolutely do. You won't even get an interview at a top company w/o a degree. But keep memeing.
>>
>>29289239
>I'm a professional retard and my standards for hiring are exactly the same as every other companies standard for hiring
Nice.
>>
>>29289217
Yeah, he'll hire you around the same time you retards buy a property and start a robot commune.

ie: any day now of course.
>>
>>29289260
My standards ARE their standards dipshit. They're the client.

It's almost like you idiots have no professional experience at all.
>>
>>29288439
Holy shit shut up. People like you are the reason we have to fill out one hours- questionnaires online and have 2 years experience for an entry level job and still don't get hired.
>>
>middle class privilege babies are struggling to get any work even with STEM degrees

I'm just gonna learn auto body. If I can't get a job with it, at least I can trick out my car.
>>
File: 22ndex.jpg (6 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
22ndex.jpg
6 KB, 194x260
>ITT: teenage losers who think their professional lives won't reflect their high school experience

spoiler alert
>>
>>29289384
Nigga plz. Most people who can't get a job or fat and/or incredibly lazy.

It's really not that hard.
>>
>>29287709
Oh, the dumbass, tribe-serving employees are bro-tier now? Kek
>>
and suddenly all the normies come out to defend their precious nepotism. triggered much?
>>
>>29289418
This must be bait. HR is going to be the first ones to go on the day of rope.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (12 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
12 KB, 320x220
>>29289398
Wait, we're not really going to wind up being Chad's boss?
>>
>>29289479
>muh beta uprising

You're beef is w/ reality anon
>>
>>29289477
I would never hire someone because they are my manager's friend. That's baby boomer tier unfairness.

>>29289521
Don't mess with the working class. We can fuck shit up just as easily as we can build it.
>>
>>29289418
>Most people who can't get a job or fa
True. Fat people are wasting their time w/ the professional world. They're pretty much doomed to failure.

Still, it can be pretty sad seeing an overweight guy in his early 20s who hasn't smartened up to do the math yet.
>>
File: 1447294636262.jpg (118 KB, 619x310) Image search: [Google]
1447294636262.jpg
118 KB, 619x310
>>29289048
How's he getting revenge? He said he's doing what he thinks is right. He's got a point, getting hired based on your social skills and who you know is bullshit. It should be based on what you know. It's basically the same as being forced to be homeless for not being Chad.
>>
>>29289568
>Don't mess with the working class.
You mean Pajeet in Hyderabad?
>>
>>29289584
>How's he getting revenge?
He's not. He's sperging out about meaningless adolescent insecurities he should have left behind a long time ago.
>>
>>29289641
It's insecure to acknowledge that nepotism is unfair and shouldnt be standard?

You guys aren't making any sense at all. If there was any time to say "ad-hominem", it'd be now.
>>
>>29289584
He's clearly going to hire based on robothood. He already hired a few robots in this thread. This is to get back at normies but the normies are guilty of nothing other than being superior humans.
>>
>>29289665
outsecure ad honeybun
>>
>>29289668
I havent' hired anyone from this thread and won't unless they are local. I don't hire based on robothood, i hire based on whether you can do the work.
>>
>>29289713
Whether they can do the work and be a robot. Robots to the front of the line. Favoritism right there.
>>
>>29289665
>It's insecure to acknowledge that nepotism is unfair and shouldnt be standard?
It's retarded. Nepotisim is how the world works. It won't change.

If you want a meritocracy do something highly competitive with clearly quantifiable results. Like boxing. Or sales.
>>
>OP being calm as fuck, explaining what he's doing
>normalfags lash at him
>he asks why and talks to them calmly
>"virgin!"
>"insecure teenager!"
>"phony!"
>all in seemingly impotent rage because he doesn't give preference to normalfags just because they know a guy
>>
File: 500.jpg (53 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
53 KB, 500x522
>>29289668
OP is paying top meme!
>>
File: Stannis, a Truly Just Man.png (532 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
Stannis, a Truly Just Man.png
532 KB, 500x650
>>29284248

>"There is no thing on Earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."
>>
>>29289750
>Nepotisim is how the world works.

Then I might as well kill myself then. I have no social skills or rich family members. It's disgusting that you LITERALLY are not allowed to put a roof over your head if you can't do a stupid song and dance for some normalfags.
>>
>>29289797
so you support OP?
>>
File: 12ndex.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
12ndex.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>29289797
>there is nothing on Earth half as compelling as selling false hope to a bunch of desperate ignorant retards
>>
>>29289816
>It's disgusting that you LITERALLY are not allowed to put a roof over your head

You've completely ignored the highly competitive/quantifiable results option.

Just shocking.
>>
File: FOR YOU.jpg (33 KB, 499x472) Image search: [Google]
FOR YOU.jpg
33 KB, 499x472
>>29289837

OF COURSH

(originality intensifies)
>>
>>29289893
you listed two low-tier jobs that only poorfags and losers take. Fuck off
>>
>>29289816
>I have no social skills
Apply to the post office, or learn to fix a transmission or something then nigga. What is it that you expect?
>>
tips on getting a job ?
>>
>>29289750
That's because boomers fucked up the economy. The rest of thread isn't enough to cover how selfish they are. Hiring based on social connections/legacy, HR mangers, workplace discrimination laws, permits, etc.

Think of all the productivity and drama you could have saved if you just hired someone to just do the damn job.
>>
>>29289852
I'm sure you're so cool anon
>>
File: 1920px-BelkArenaDavidson.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1920px-BelkArenaDavidson.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1280
>>29289918
Take up basketball.
>>
>>29289918
Boxing and sales?

Smh. Guys who excel in either do very well for themselves.

But there is that whole tricky 'excel' part huh?
>>
>>29289924
I didnt say I dont have skills dumbass

Also get the fuck off /r9k/. This board was never meant for normalfags. You've completely wrecked the place.
>>
>>29284248
>cum laude

hahahha cum xD
>>
>>29289967
Yeah they'd have to actually put in effort
>>
>>29289932
>That's because boomers fucked up the economy

This fucking meme is pathetic. At least update it and mindlessly blame Gen X or something.
>>
>>29289932
>Think of all the productivity and drama you could have saved if you just hired someone to just do the damn job.

And yet these retards tell OP he's somehow losing resources by not hiring based on social connections.

Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>29289927
Write a damn good resume and cover letter, make it as specific as possible use examples and bullet points. Carry them to a career center to look it over.

Before that have as many volunteer and internships as you can. Do anything constructive that gives you experience. Certifications and degrees help too.
>>
>>29284248
>>29284334
>>29287501
S...so it can be done OP?
Do I have hope?
is this possible?
>>
>>29290025
Yes it is possible. Ignore the retards ITT
>>
>>29289995
>And yet these retards tell OP he's somehow losing resources by not hiring based on social connections.
That's 100% true.

Guess what retards....girls also choose their suitors based on social connections. fucking neckbeards.

Social connections are extremely valuable.

Also, water is wet.
>>
>>29290073
they are also silly, unfair, and gay. People here aren't good at socializing.

Also no one ITT or on this board gets laid, so whatevs.
>>
>>29290102
>they are also silly, unfair, and gay.
That and a $1 will buy you nothing. Grow up.
>>
>>29290129
>grow up

What a pointless insult. You can tell that to anyone who disagrees with you. Fuck off you queer
>>
>>29290073
Your whole post is a non-argument. You should work on that, buddy.
>>
>>29290150
>What a pointless insult.
It was advice fampai.
>>
>>29289978
You don't have skills though.
>>
>>29290187
Yeah, you're right. Class, education, experience and social connections mean nothing.

The world is unfair and will change any day now.

Grow up baby boy.
>>
>>29290191
>It was advice
not an argument
>>
>>29290214
>mean nothing

no one said that.
Again, not an argument.
>>
>>29290243
'Social connections are extremely valuable' given context is absolutely an argument.

Grow up.
>>
>>29290285
>Social connections are extremely valuable
It's not a necessity and OP isn't legally obligated to follow it. You don't even know what OP's whole situation is. You do not know what is valuable to OP.

>Grow up.
Getting a little emotional there. Still not an argument though.
>>
>>29289197
This is fundamentally not true anymore. You can't really master some skills anymore with an undergraduate degree. Some industries, such as aerospace, high value them.
>>
>>29290336
>It's not a necessity
I thought it wasn't even an argument.

Grow up.
>>
>>29290366
Nigga plz. You're not getting any job in aerospace w/o at LEAST a BS.

Grow up.
>>
>>29290429
Grow down
>>
>>29290192
ok then buddy, you know all
>>
>>29290429
You're backed into a corner and you're agitated. Why is that? Why do you feel so agitated toward OP's business decisions? Did you attempt to get in to his job? Do you feel offended by OP's ethical standpoint on "hiring based on connections"?
>>
>>29290492
Backed into a corner? Kek. I've got reality on my side anon.

You're neckbeard moving the goalposts move is pathetic.
>>
>>29290492
>muh ethical standpoint in running a fake business....badly.

*sigh*
>>
kill yourself bourgeoisie asshole, or change your business into a worker's co-op
>>
>>29290492
You're acting like a scared animal
>>
>>29290555
>waaaaah why wont you give me a free job for KNOWING THIS GUY
>>
>>29290543
Um excuse me. Obviously this retard board of friendliness virgins is on the avant garde of contemporary business theory. Duh.
>>
>>29290563
Meme the pain away anon.
>>
File: 1432951181129.jpg (74 KB, 507x510) Image search: [Google]
1432951181129.jpg
74 KB, 507x510
>>29290516
>>29290543
>>29290563
>all this samefagging
>*sigh*

holy kek lmao
>>
>>29290575
No, my gripe is that he is taking people's surplus value. By paying the workers a wage lower than the profit he receives, he is extracting value from their labor. OP is a parasite. The workers, if they were class conscious, could have started a worker owned business in which no surplus value extraction occurs.
>>
>>29290575
>Thinking anyone wants a job w/ this retard's hick mom and pop bootleg geek squad break/fix operation

Meh. Whole thread is stupid. Beggars aren't choosers.
>>
File: WG7kKOT.jpg (185 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
WG7kKOT.jpg
185 KB, 900x900
>>29290073
>>29290129
>>29290191
>>29290192
>>29290214
>>29290285
>>29290429
>>29290516
>>29290543
>>29290563
>>29290555
lmaoing @ ur lyfe
why is you so mad at this dude's decisions. its his life you sad cunt.
pic related is literally you
>>
>>29290602
You literally listed anons with opposing posts.

Smh.
>>
>>29290611
Yeah fuck off commie. Your side lost time and time again.
>>
>>29290669
>totalitarians that never gave over industries to the workers are on "my side"
yeah okay, I suppose hitler, mussolini, and everyone else you worship was also on my side, eh?
>>
File: jHpg6zqT_400x400.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jHpg6zqT_400x400.png
42 KB, 400x400
>ITT: normies crushing loser teenagers' meme dreams

Feels ok?
>>
>>29290692
Nigga I'm a capitalist, and your retarded philosophies have failed over and over again irl.
>>
>>29290751
I don't know what you fixation on this "you're a teenager" thing is but it isn't going to catch on since it makes little sense at all
>>
>>29290611
>By paying the workers a wage lower than the profit he receives, he is extracting value from their labor.
No shit retard. If he was not obtaining value he would not want to waste his time interacting with them.

>The workers, if they were class conscious, could have started a worker owned business in which no surplus value extraction occurs.
The workers are retards that could not handle owning a business and you know it.
>>
Lol here come the neckbeards.

Reminder, communism has brought nothing but misery and suffering everywhere it's been implemented.
>>
>>29290833
I mean, you can't be adults. Certainly not professionals. Teenagers, students, and the occasional entrenched neckbeard is probably pretty accurate.
>>
>>29284248
Recommending someone for a job is not nepotism. Good professionals tend to know other good professionals, and if a good employee is recommending someone to you, he's putting his reputation on the line.

Of course that a simple recommendation should not be the only thing you consider when hiring someone, but it's certainly useful.
>>
>>29290923
I'll consider what you're saying.

>>29290921
But you can fuck off.
>>
>>29290843
>No shit retard.
Thank you. These anons are fucking ridiculous.
>>
ITT: Normies getting assmad at a robot who just runs his business on his principles

Wew, he isn't denying anyone a job, it's actually a great idea.
If you think that just knowing people entitles you to a job then you're normiest of all Normies who doesn't have any actual skills but still thinks his "connections" will get him anything in life, much like how women feel entitled to free stuff and special treatment because they're female.
So basically, you're worse than a female. And that is the most insulting thing ever.
>>
>>29290923
Of course. I mean it's obvious, but these losers have an axe to grind.
>>
>>29290878
At least everyone shares the misery and suffering instead of only certain people who are doomed to watch the top live it up.
>>
>>29290982
Why do you come here if you think everyone here is a loser? I certainly wouldn't hang out with people I considered losers.
>>
>>29290976
> you're worse than 51% of the population

How are you idiots not embarrassed by yourselves? A modicum of self-awareness please.
>>
>>29290998
>shared misery

A neckbeard's hope.
>>
>>29291024
What does the population of living women have to do with the characteristics of women, which in and of themselves are abhorrent by most moral standards?

For a guy who accuses others of lacking self-awareness, you sure don't think before you speak.
>>
>>29291006
Truth is truth. Neckbeard nonsense is neckbeard nonsense. Grow up.
>>
>>29291006
We're not 'hanging out' anon. I'm correcting your retarded misinformation.
>>
>>29291057
this is excellent bait, or you really are jsut a retarded normalfag. Kill yourself or get the fuck out. Either way I won't be responding to you again.

Here's your last (you)
>>
>>29291053
Dude, hating women onto itself is ridiculous neckbeard nonsense.
>>
>>29291069
Then why do you come to a board of people who you feel are irredeemable and full of shit? Extra stress leads to all sorts of problems.

You're not making very logical decisions.
>>
>>29291076
What response were you hoping for?
>>
>>29291076
Yeah nigga, wait around for the world to be a meritocracy. See how that works out for you.
>>
>>29291082
>/r9k/ used to be "greentext and misogyny"
>now we get idiots like this completely shitting the place up for NO REASON

/r9k/ is dead. This isn't even /r9k/, hell it ain't even /b/. It's just facebook with a 4chan skin

>>29291100
>"HAHAHAHAHAHA IF I DONT SUFFER FROM IT THEN IT'S GREAT XDDDD"

Die
>>
>>29291094
Nigga, this is a board for "hanging out and sharing green text stories".

It's not your bloviating retarded loser safe space.
>>
Nepotism is basically just a logistical heuristic device at this point. It saves time and money to take the reccomendations of assets you already consider valuable, as opposed to blindly searching for new potential assets and evaluating them yourself.

This is the way a lot of aggregate systems work in computing, for example Google's own search engine program works this way. And while it's true that humans are much more contrived creatures than lines of code, law of averages states you're going to get more benefit from a heuristic method than you would going about things manually.
>>
>>29291135
Don't confuse their feels fest w/ reason.
>>
>>29291057
Lol this faggot is straight out of Reddit, folks. Ignore and move on. The "grow up" phrase is a Reddit meme. Drink bleach, faggot.
>inb4 le grow ub xDdd
>>
>>29291126
no the board was for OC, greentext, and misogyny. Your kind just invaded the place and ruined the board. This place produces nothing of value now.
>>
>>29291135
>law of averages states you're going to get more benefit from a heuristic method than you would going about things manually
that's completely retarded. did you actually think through that or just come up with some bullshit to justify what you wanted to argue for?
>>
>>29286707
>Nah man social democracy is the devils work man it's the commies we can't do that or else the nazis win.

Meanwhile we brainwashed enslaved europeans suffer through 5 paid vacation weeks a year and there's even talk about 6 hour workdays.
>>
>>29292261
maybe you get that. I sure as shit dont.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.