[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else refuse to look in the mirror? I get really depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1465326591505.png (151 KB, 334x275) Image search: [Google]
1465326591505.png
151 KB, 334x275
Anyone else refuse to look in the mirror? I get really depressed and wont leave my apartment for days when I do peek. I usually go several months without seeing my reflection. I have removed all mirrors in my apartment and havent seen my face all year. I think it's my longest streak yet. I usually peek after a month or so
>>
>>29283859
Anon it can't be that bad
>>
>>29283859
I once went a year and a half without directly looking into a mirror (used small hand mirrors for shaving and checking my face, but I never looked into my eyes). When I finally did break the streak I found that I had dissociated and it took me a week to fully regain my physical sense of self with regards to my face.

Sometimes I still look in the mirror and literally don't recognize who I see for a few minutes.
>>
>>29283859

Were you sexually abused as a child? I cant think of any reason for you to perceive yourself as being that ugly unless someone threw acid in your face.
>>
>>29284219
Not OP, but for me my reflection wasn't about attractiveness. When I looked into the mirror it wasn't like someone else looking at me, I saw my entire character, my failures, my flaws, the things I've done to people. To look into the mirror is to see myself as I felt I truly was (what I hadn't yet realized was that it was just one layer on the onion of self-image).

In summation, it was a result of poor self-esteem and self-hatred.
>>
>>29284178
>Sometimes I still look in the mirror and literally don't recognize who I see for a few minutes.

dont worry, i never recognize my face in mirror, it belong to some stranger its not mine.
main reason for this is my species dysphoria but robots may know this as otherkinism

Still i have no probelms with mirrors, i look in one several times a day, even have big full body one

in Op case it looks like some kind of phobia, mabe he is afraid of CandyMan ? ;D
>>
>>29284450

Youre a fucking retard. End of story, otherkin isn't a fucking thing. Youre just mentally ill.
>>
File: 467.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
467.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
>>29283859
Me too OP. I also use room darkening curtains and don't turn on the lights to avoid seeing my reflection in a monitor.
>>
File: 1465207343882.jpg (327 KB, 747x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465207343882.jpg
327 KB, 747x1080
>>29285171
>tfw nonreflecting monitor
I used to have one that was basically a mirror if there was any light. I'd just sit in darkness when I would use it
>>
File: anon train.jpg (58 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
anon train.jpg
58 KB, 403x403
>>29284486
>Youre just mentally ill
said a fagget on /r9k/
im sooooo much offended
Oh wait i dont give a fuck what you think, but feel free to think that way if that make you happy
>>
I wish oh god I WISH it was socially acceptable to wear a mask. I daydream that humanity finally figures out virtual reality, we all move there and pick avatars. It hurts to live
>>
>>29285861
>i dont give a fuck what you think
Which is why you felt the need to post about and therefore validate your advanced autism on the internet.
>>
>>29285947
Japan as always is a bit ahead of the game
Many people wear doctors masks in public
>>
>>29286447
That's because a.) Japan is so densely packed that large outbreaks could easily happen without proper precautions and b.) Japanese are workaholics so they refuse to get sick, even if they're afforded sick days.

Hikis don't leave the house at all. They'd rather sneak out in the dead of night and buy something at a dead convenience store or vending machine then be around others.
>>
>>29286499
Another reason is simply to indicate they'd rather be left alone. It's the same thing as putting ear buds in on public transport
Wish it would become popular here
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.