[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every STEM major I've ever met has been left wing >every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
>every STEM major I've ever met has been left wing
>every retarded faggot going to college for computer science or engineering because it's more "practical" when it has no co-op or any shitty college degree for that matter have always followed the recent upswing in conservatism over the internet
>same goes with tradesfags who drop out of trades school because they were too stupid for it
>same goes with retards who think getting a degree in business administration will guarantee them a job out of highschool when in reality almost everyone over 40 has a BBA or a project management certificate in my city
Real talk, why are conservatives so retarded?
>>
>>29281454
Forgot to mention, by college I mean community college. My country has the terms different kek.
>>
>>29281454
I'm a conservative, and I go to a top medical school.
>>
I'd argue that anyone who aligns themselves with the political spectrum is retarded.
>>
>>29281454
Conservatives in the US appear to just be following what people tell them to believe, which is probably the real reason they even went to college in their given degrees.

Some people just don't think for themselves and don't want to think for themselves and always follow whatever people tell them is "the best thing to do". It's not that they're retarded as much as them being barely fully functional human beings.
>>
>>29281516
>Some people just don't think for themselves
That applies to US democrats more than conservatives at the moment. I think the people that can truly think for themselves don't identify with either. At the moment, there's more cognitive dissonance needed to be a liberal in murrica.
>>
>>29281454
Well you wouldn't have that many things right now if it weren't for them. You seem to be mad. Did a tradie yell some shit at you and you got offended?
>>
wow it's almost like 99% of college kids are liberal because the university culture caters to them hand-in-foot both financially and philosophically, and huge swathes of people leaving the college system are conservative because that same liberal ideology actively devalues them.

What an unheard of thought.
>>
>>29281671
It's not the left's fault conservatives were too retarded to get into a good university.
>>
>>29281589
This, pretty hard. There's a growing rift between the religious right, zionists, big bussinessmen and all the established Conservative groups and the massive influx of new conservatives swelling into groups like the alt right or various libertarian schools of thought.
>>
>>29281454
You answered your own question, they care more about memes and shit they hear on the net than reality. The sort of people who get into gamergate and trump will absolutely believe what they read about 300k starting and all liberal arts graduates working at mcdonalds.
>>
>>29281700
Conservative here, scored 31 on my ACT 3 times in highschool, only not in college right now due to being screwed over financially by a markedly liberal university.
As a product of the exact kind of liberal devaluing I described, I'd prefer you limit your bad attempts at Strawman and Ad Hominem
>>
Doesn't the E in STEM stand for engineering?
>>
>>29281776
see
>>29281480
community college engineering is completely useless
>>
>>29281763
>31
>good
>not improving in 3 tries
you're not helping your case
>>
>>29281454
Doesn't the S in Stem stand for Science?
>>
>>29281805
31 is literally 95th percentile, nice meme. I guarantee you that minority groups are being given advantageous, preferential financial treatment both in the majority of universities in America with test scores well below that, and that's not even touching on the subjective treatment of the "underprivileged" on college campuses.

Let's try using some logic and reasoning next time, huh buddy?
>>
>>29281454

using life experiences, or things you know of, as evidence is anecdotal and not a proper sampling of the population as a whole.

I'm going to bet that your one of those INTJ shitposters and I fell into your trap or something like that.
>>
File: questioning frog.png (6 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
questioning frog.png
6 KB, 411x387
Aren't Comp Sci and Comp Engineering STEM though? Doesn't STEM stand for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics?
>>
>>29281848
Meanwhile scores of asian-americans, who get the worst of the "reverse discrimination", buckle down and get the perfect scores they need. If white people, who had a monopoly on the American university system for nearly 200 years, can't win when the deck is stacked against them, they don't deserve to complain about other groups getting perks.
>>
>>29281763
You took it and three times and didn't score better?
>>
>>29281506
Correct!!!!
Ori
>>
where the fuck do you even live? STEMfags are always right-wing

Not conservative perse, but right-wing nonetheless
>>
>>29281744
hello there liberal arts graduate

how is that mcdonalds job working out?
>>
>>29282502
Generally libertarian/social conservative I've found. At least for engineering, hard sciences and math can be more varied.
>>
>>29281454

>undergrad dipshits with nothing invested in the system are perfectly willing to tax the shit out of working people and give away everyone elses money

How shocking.
>>
File: burry.jpg (138 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
burry.jpg
138 KB, 800x600
I'm a paranoid schizo right winger who is about to major in geology
>>
>conservatives are dumb
>conservatives are racist
No surprises in this leftist thread. How about you acknowledge the importance of virtue morality and the family cycle as the underpinning of society and stop being a baby-liquefying lucifer worshipper?

These left wingers have unprotected sex, acquire venereal disease and bastard pregnancy, and then sate their bloodlust by pulverizing their demon spawn in their rotten wombs and having our taxes pay for it.

Terrible creatures. They are a pox on society.
>>
>>29281671
You must also remember that certain fields of study exist for the sole purpose of advancing leftist politics (e.g., sociology, gender studies). I can't imagine a conservative ever getting a degree in something that seeks to undermine them.
>>
Everyone in business I know is a variation of right wing/conservative. Good meme.
>>
>>29281763
31? You really think that's something to brag about?
>>
>>29281454
If you count libertarians under the general net of conservatism I would be a conservative considering I have le stem major, 125 IQ and make 80k a year, though personally I don't like being compared to rednecks and stormfags.
>>
>>29281985
Yep, the OP just had a stroke while typing up that post.
>>
Maybe you went to a shit school?
Most of the engineers in my school including myself were fiscally conservative and socially centrist.
>>
>>29282639
Though comp sci is filled with left wing nu-males. Like seriously it's pretty fucking hilarious. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and computer science and 80% of my mech engineering class are libertarians or paleo libertarians while 90% of the comp sci people are leftists. Needless to say, I got along far better with my engineerbros than the programmerfags, though ironically I'm currently a programmer.
>>
>>29283709
In my experience CS was pretty mixed, a lot depended on what area they were focusing on.
>>
>smart
>goes into oversaturated field being outsourced to chinks and poo in loos
yeah your flappy bird clone is gonna make you the next bill gates lol
>>
>>29283753
I live in Austin and went to UT
>inb4 "muh harvard" faggots
>>
>>29283831
I went to similar program.
>>
>>29283831
I go to a UT school, but not UT Austin (or UT Arlington).
>>
>>29283889
huh strange, I suppose I just got unlucky then, at what time did you graduate?
>>
>>29283910
A couple years ago.
Had a healthy amount of in state students from more rural areas which could be it.
>>
>>29281516
>Conservatives in the US appear to just be following what people tell them to believe
you mean liberals?

both do actually. but education and media is mostly liberal biased, so most of the sheeps are liberals atm.
>>
>>29283960
I graduated last year, I suppose demographics shifted in the time between or I got unlucky in class placement for CS.
>>
>>29284065
What are you up to now?a
>>
>>29284110
I'm currently a programmer, got lucky enough to get a job quickly and rise out of poorfaggery.
>>
>>29284163
Very nice. Was able to stay in austin/texas?
>>
File: 1440819330376.png (146 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1440819330376.png
146 KB, 554x439
>>29281454
>I'm a classist but I'm also a narcissist, so I dress up my classism in dogwhistles and bullshit so I don't have to realize what I am
>>
>>29284176
Still here in austin.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.