[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INTP thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: 1450852096574.jpg (309 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
1450852096574.jpg
309 KB, 565x800
Redpill me on INTPs, folks
>>
we;ll die alone
>>
>>29281101
fuck off and die with these stupid fucking threads seriously. "Redpill me on x" is such a fucking shit tier meme. go to hell you ass pilot.
>>
You have the privilege of being half an ISTP.
>>
It means you're patrilineally descended from the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Congratulations.
>>
I think INTPs are depressed for similar reasons INFPs are depressed. They find all the logical flaws with themselves. INFPs find all the emotional ones.
>>
>>29281146
>tfw perfectly 50/50 on intuition vs. sensing
Feels good
>>
File: intpistp3.png (9 KB, 278x443) Image search: [Google]
intpistp3.png
9 KB, 278x443
>>29281298
Doesn't work like that. This is what I meant by half an istp.
>>
>>29281101
Autism the personality type
>>
Are ENTPs as depressed as INTPs
>>
>>29281749
They're just as emotionless
>>
INTP masterrace reporting in.

INTP is my excuse to never get anything done.
>>
INTJ nigga

is that bad or good
>>
>>29281845
Are they basically Patrick Batemans? Social, outgoing, hip to be square, all that. On the inside though they're completely dead and going through the phases.
>>
>>29281911
Pretty much. I haven't met many ENTPs but they're basically dead inside although they don't show it. They like to argue about everything too.
>>
>>29281923
ENTPs, INTPs, INFPs and INTJs seem to be where there's the most virgins. Sounds about accurate?
>>
>>29281159
al hamdoulillah
>>
>>29281975
Yeah I guess
There are probably less ENTP virgins than INTx virgins though
>>
>>29282037
I thought Introvert feelers have it the worse and they're basically the >tfw no gf types.
>>
>>29282058
INTP, INTJ and INFP are all complete autists either way.
>>
>>29282074
ESTPs and ENTPs seem to be failed normalfags/cyborgs.
>>
>>29282138
ENTPs are definitely cyborg tier, not sure about ESTP though.

I also forgot ISTPs, who tend to be pretty robot-ish, not in the same way as INTx but still
>>
>>29281101
>assured
What
>>
>>29282157
ENTPs seem to basically be those who are fine with being isolated but can keep up a social mask when needed.

There's ISFJ, which is basically helicopter parent or obsessed girlfriend. I've got lots of experiences with those.
>>
I'm an INTP but I look good, finished my engineering degree, and am now engaged to a qt surgeon.
Pic related, engineering ring.
>>
>>29282225
This, I'm a chill INTP too, though I'm in law not engineering.

Seems like the rest of you fags just want a circle jerk.
>>
>>29281923
See we genuinely enjoy debating but with every other social interaction we're dead inside.

t. ENTP
>>
File: 37.jpg (57 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
57 KB, 640x406
>INTP

>It is on a day like this one that you discover, without surprise, that something is wrong, that you don't know how to live and that you never will. Something has broken. You no longer feel something which until then fortified you. The feeling of your existence, the impression of belonging to or being in the world, is starting to slip away from you. Your past, your present and your future merge into one. You don't want to remember anything else. Here you sit, and you only want to wait, just to wait until there's nothing left to wait for. You go back to your room, you undress, you slip between the sheets, you turn out the light, you close your eyes. This is the hour when your eyes wide open in the darkness, you calmly measure the extent of your unhappiness. Unhappiness did not swoop down on you, it insinuated itself almost ingratiatingly. It meticulously impregnated your life, your movements, the hours you keep, your room, it took possession of the cracks in the ceiling, of the lines in your face in the cracked mirror, of the pack of cards; it slipped furtively into the dripping tap on the landing, it echoes in sympathy with the chimes of each quarter-hour. How many times you have repeated the same amputated gesture, the same journey's that lead nowhere? All you have left to fall back on are your boltholes, your idiotic patience, the thousand and one detours that always lead you back unfailingly to your starting point. All that counts is your solitude: whatever you do, wherever you go, nothing that you see has any importance, everything you do, you do in vain, nothing that you seek is real. Solitude alone exists, every time you are confronted, every time you face yourself.
>>
>>29282225
>>29282255
only two people?there is a lot of us kv.
good job for u then.
NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1438556394337.png (171 KB, 395x511) Image search: [Google]
1438556394337.png
171 KB, 395x511
>be INTP
>be okay at meeting grills but terrible at emotionally connecting/opening up
>fail freshman year of college (and have a tough time with school in general) because deadlines and homework give me anxiety, but I also feel like I'm above them and I hate doing work that seems pointless and trivial
>majoring in composing classical music, since it's basically math, but creative, open-ended math
>bad at writing music about feelings, but have an extremely high standard for enjoying music since I boil every musical system down to its simplest form, and pop chord progressions make me upset unless there's something intelligent happening on top of it (like Deerhunter)
>literally write music in my dreams - make a cool song in my dream, wake up and actually remember it and write it down

People tell me my personal, feely music is good as well. Working on an album, but I've gotten really distracted lately.

Basically, INTP = having above average intelligence and creativity, but people might see you as weird, "outsider"-y, and/or nitpicky. We all basically have ADHD and autistic traits as well.
>>
>>29282277
Another ENTP here. I'd say that's accurate. I can easily do social interaction and I've had girls coming onto me but I never figured them out. It's my lack of empathy and incapability of feeling others' emotions that ruins my chances with women since women are overemotional - the direct opposites to ENTPs.
>>
File: 33fg44g.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
33fg44g.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>29282396
The rumours are true. INTPs like edgy poetry. What the fuck.
>>
>>29281923

am entp,

Am only partially dead inside.
>>
>>29282605

I'm an ENTP with a gf, but I'm 26 idk how many years you've been tying to get a gf

My gf is an infp
>>
File: 1465304065471.jpg (102 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1465304065471.jpg
102 KB, 400x533
>INTP
>don't feel shit 90% of the time
>when I do feel shit it's generally unpleasant
>no true interests, hobbies, let alone passions
>spend my days in front of the computer or sleeping
>every time I try to pick up a hobby, I end up learning a bit about it then dropping it at one point or another
>have half-read books about every subject from software engineering to philosophy that I've never bothered to read till the end
>daydream about doing something different but never actually do it
>as time goes by I become more and more hollow and empty
>>
>>29282777

As an INTP I do enjoy The Raven.

Sometimes, I doubt I am INTP. And I know that this system is just a special snowflake thing, as much as Jung's functions.
>>
>>29282925
the real special snowflakes are the people who think they don't have a type
>>
>GUYS HUMAN PERSONALITIES ARE PERFECTLY CATEGORICAL AND 100% BLACK AND WHITE

>FURTHERMORE THIS IS THE FLAWLESS OPTIMAL SYSTEM TO CATEGORIZE THEM

>I KNOW BECAUSE THE RESULT I GAVE MYSELF MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A SPECIAL BUTTERFLY AND JUSTIFIES ALL THE SHORTCOMINGS I WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE TO CONFRONT MYSELF WITH
>>
>>29282900
24 here. I haven't really been 'trying' to get a gf at all. I did land one in high school but never fucked her so I'm still a virgin. She ditched me and cucked me because one of the other people in our class became a Chad in the final years, whereas I didn't fall for the get fit bra meme.
>>
>>29281129
Found the inferior infp
>>
>>29282437
I enjoy observing you idiots complain about things that are your own fault
>>
File: happybabby.png (258 KB, 310x375) Image search: [Google]
happybabby.png
258 KB, 310x375
>>29281101
>claim to be a "rational philosopher"
>still believe in fucking myers-briggs

Holy shit.
>>
File: 54h45h5h5h5h.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
54h45h5h5h5h.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>29283007
hey look guys we caught a special snowflake
>>
>>29281101
>percieving
>you are spontaneous and keep your options open
Holy shit this is worse than horoscopes
>>
>>29282912
Are you me?
>INTP
>people think you're smart but you just know a little bit of everything, enough to maybe say a random fact or a comment about sth
>is actually a dumbass
>>
>>29282912
You like anime, that's a hobby right?
I'm the same as you mind the anime though.
>>
>>29283225
>>people think you're smart but you just know a little bit of everything, enough to maybe say a random fact or a comment about sth
Fuck, that's my life.
I hate it when people say I'm intelligent, no false modesty, I just know it's not true.
>>
I'm an INTP and my current goal is getting rid of my insecurities so that when the time comes I'll be as emotionally stable as possible.

That's what came to my mind.
>>
intp here too.
really do not have any major thing going on my life
i am taking enginering currently, doing good.
not exacly happy or unhappy too, btw virgin soo i can be a true robot.
the most i can feel is emptiness.
i need to hold it up more 4/5 years till i get my graduation, let's see how it goes.
current goals, is keep going, and maybe trying to feel more than what i feel.
maybe love.
>>
File: 1455480102113.jpg (88 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1455480102113.jpg
88 KB, 638x478
INTP invest just enough time into things to convince themselves they could be good at it if they invested the time then stop caring.

>>29282225
How did you get through university. I am currently in my first year in law but totally feel like dropping it again I don't see myself ever being motivated enough to get decent grades or enjoying to actually practice it.
>>
>>29284957
I started working out, I only went to class to feel better about myself because I was the most muscular. Just going to class was enough for me to do really well, never did homework or studied.
>>
File: 1464274928164.png (438 KB, 553x328) Image search: [Google]
1464274928164.png
438 KB, 553x328
>>29285072
I'm never going to any lectures, only the mandatory stuff (4.5 hours a week) I haven't written a test yet so I can't say if I would pass with what I know now but I might not be smart enough to do it without studying,

I am skeletor mode tho and going kinda gives me anxiety
>>
i used to think i was an intp from grade 7 onward
now, at age 24, i've realized that I'm probably more of an ENFP who idealized rational thought and told myself i didn't need regular interpersonal connection to thrive.

As a result, I'm much happier, more sociable, and more engaged in what I actually like to do. I even appreciate math and science more due to feeling a sense of novelty toward it as an emotion-based thinker.

don't tell yourself you're an INTP in some attempt to fit a shutaway genius mold.
b urself!
>>
>>29285182
I was skeletor when I came in too, gained 50lb over the course of 4 years
>>
>>29281298
>implying S is ever good
>>
INTP are the kind of people that die alone and not understood the most
>>
>>29282974
>>29283007
Like fucking clockwork. What the hell is wrong with these people?
>>
>>29285182
Lifting is a robot tier hobby, you have to be very methodical about it and you have to put some thinking into it.
>>
>>29285874
i mean, get what you're saying but to be honest: they're not wrong. :/
>>
>>29285209
i tested as ENFP for years then i got depressed/isolated and now test as INTP.

iv lost my enthusiasm, emotions, caring about people..etc, in general its a bleak existence but it is easier than being a bright eyed ENFP always trying so hard and being let down by the world.
>>
File: 1416076320328.jpg (21 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
1416076320328.jpg
21 KB, 240x300
>>29281101
>it's a group project
>it's a peer reviewed paper
>somebody you know well and are hanging out with brings a friend or two you don't know well
>inspiration is crushed when people you don't know are present
>why are you so quiet?
>tfw can't stop thinking
>insomnia
>>
>>29281101
Hi fellow neets
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.