[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on cigarette smoking among humankind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13
File: cigarette.jpg (98 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
cigarette.jpg
98 KB, 600x320
What is your opinion on cigarette smoking among humankind?
>>
as opposed to what
otherkin
>>
IMO cigarettes should only be smoked away from public and only because of the process.
>>
>HEY EVERYBODY I'M A TRIPFAG ON 4CHAN PLEASE IDOLIZE ME AND GIVE ME ATTENTION LOL
>>
>>29280974
Most smokers are scum, stupid, or both.

Just wait outside an AA meeting and watch what happens when it ends. 95% are poor trash that smoke.
>>
vaping exists so there's no excuse anymore

best thing i ever did was making the switch, just about to quit that as well because i barely need it anymore and i'm now on an almost non existant level of nicotine

when i see someone smoking now i think what are we, in the 1950s?
>>
File: 1445977278319.jpg (40 KB, 600x704) Image search: [Google]
1445977278319.jpg
40 KB, 600x704
>>29281021
>2k16
>he doesn't get off from verbal abuse
>>
I just quit and you should too donalito
>>
Its alright as long as they dont smoke near nonsmokers
>>
>>29280974

I only smoke when I'm alone or when all the people in the room also smoke.

Smoking in public is absolute cancer (no pun intended) . You're literally worsening other people's condition just for your own benefit and you're fucking scum.

Also vaping is the gayest fucking thing ever, the only gayer thing that vaping in public is having a tripcode on 4chan.
>>
>>29281097
i'll tell you what's gayer than vaping... lung cancer.
>>
>>29280998
as opposed to faggotkind smoking dicks faggot
>>
>>29281021
This. Eat shit and die screaming, OP.
>>
It's ok. No one smokes anymore and everyone still has cancer from other environmental factors, only now they're fat.
>>
File: IMG_3907.jpg (36 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3907.jpg
36 KB, 460x276
>not wanting to die earlier
cowards
>>
too slow of a suicide method
>>
File: 1439774722565.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1439774722565.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>not working on cardio and strength gains so you can go flying down nature trails on a bike, making motorcycle noises with your mouth to get peoples attention
>>
>>29281820
>suicide

people smoking as a sneaky way to die sooner simply fell for the biggest meme in history... you might cut a few years off your life, but the decades leading up to that will be filled with illness and shitty quality of life in general. It's not like one day BAM you're dead.
>>
File: Jon-Hamm-2.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Jon-Hamm-2.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>29281388
This

>mfw an older fat woman tried to give me shit for smoking
>>
>>29280974
Fucking stupid waste of cash and health. Also beyond inconsiderate when done in close quarters with another without asking.
That said, I have no problems with vaping nicotine juice with no actual tobacco components. That's not much less healthy than a caffeine addiction.
I'm generally strongly against regulating what drugs should be legally available but I'd strongly consider outlawing traditional cigarettes were it up to me. I don't see any reason why do it when vaping is practical now and weed is making steady progress towards decriminalization, both far less damaging to health.
>>
>>29281063
FUCKING HOW

Robot let me in
>>
>>29281164
Non smokers are superior to vapers
>>
>>29280974
Most smokers live long healthy lives, only 10% die prematurely.
>>
>>29280974
Looks cool as fuck, mane.
Vapefags are the vegans of the smoking world, the type that walks into restaurants to scold people for enjoying their meals, but instead they puff out huge clouds of silly, obnoxious vapour.
>>
People who started smoking in the last few decades are either easy to peer pressure or just plain stupid.
>>
File: 1462763223534.jpg (44 KB, 456x356) Image search: [Google]
1462763223534.jpg
44 KB, 456x356
>>29280974
Smoking makes me feel hella edgy now because California just passed a law were u need to be 21 to smoke.
Other than that It's just another vice.
>>
Cigarettes are good for meeting people, it takes the pressure out of the conversation when talking to strangers if you're both smoking
Most normies are against the whole thing, it gives them something to feel smug and superior about, but there's a lot of interesting weirdos in smoking areas
Probably going to an hero before 30 anyway, so why not?
>>
>>29282497
Lmao

Smoke up then, see what happens
>>
>>29280974
the way i see it, i'm gonna die someday, and i'd rather be able to look back and say "yup it was probably all those fucking cigarettes" instead of going out without knowing why and how. like i can put my death in the hands of fate or i can choose it for myself.
>>
File: i understand your frustration.gif (422 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
i understand your frustration.gif
422 KB, 500x281
>>29280974
>be at bus stop
>light up necessary stick
>some faggot in a wheelchair starts coughing and rolling around trying to 'get away' from smoke
>"Hey, can you do that somewhere else?"
>Don't even look at his half self
>"No. It's nice and shady right here."
>Makes some wheechair bound faggot noise
>Rolls off to sit in a sliver of shade provided by the overhang of the building we're in front of
>mfw nice and comfy in the shade with my cancer stick
>>
Smokers:
>It doesn't harm anyone but myself! Im cool! It helps calm me down! It helps the economy!

Reality:
>second hand kills tens of thousands in the US alone every year.
>you look like a try hard idiot who thinks he/she is cool by being "rebelous"
>it only calms down the nicotine pangs (ie your addiction--it wants its next hit). Lrn2/dopamine pathways
>the amount in healthcare it costs to treat smoking-caused illnesses cost more than the money gathered in taxes. In addition, poor people have higher rates of smoking, who contribute very little into taxes for healthcare
And that's why smokers are fucking idiots
>>
Why do some non-smokers get super mad? Like calm down, I get it smoking is stupid, you don't have to be so fucking upset about it though
>>
I was a rebellious little faggot once that smoked but I grew up and quit. Smokers have no idea how much they smell, it's like they voluntarily shun themselves from the rest of society. Smoking is also a great way to develop breathing problems that will hit you long before your cancer. Honestly if you smoke a pack every day or two you are pretty pathetic to be honest. No self control.
>>
File: 1446731809527.gif (245 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1446731809527.gif
245 KB, 400x200
>>29282728
>doesn't know how to icebreakers
>has to resort to inhaling smoke in order to meet others
>>
>>29282939
pathetic right?
trust me, i know
>>
>>29282728
honestly i'm the same way. went to an anime convention once and remember thinking "damn i thought I was a fucking sperglord but this is something i could never have expected" but then i went out to the smoking area and met some of the nicest and chillest people i've ever met. some dude dressed as a wizard ran up, said he was the cigarette wizard and gave me a fresh pack. no lie.
>>
>>29282911
Because we're subjected to second and now identified third hand smoke that's been linked to thousands of deaths of people who never smoked all because some addict needed their drug of choice or else they go batshit insane because they know they'll die if they don't get it.
>>
>>29282843
>second hand smoking meme

nah, sorry, the only people that have the right to complain about that are the people who have to work in a club or something where smoking is permitted, they breath it in all day. this is the reason they made it illegal to smoke in bars/restaurants, the people who work there breath it in all day. that's bad.

other than those types of people, second hand smoke is a meme.

you should be more worried about the exhaust from cars and diesel engines than second hand smoke.
>>
>>29281899
This, this and this again.
>fat suburbanites and McDonald's-eating NEET vapers hate smokers
>still in poorer health than I'll ever be
>most cancer comes from hereditary risk factors and environment

My entire family was cigarette smoking, liquor drinking people who lived very hard lives, and they all lived healthy until their late 80's, then dropped. I feel pretty good about this, and will probably just switch to vaping after it stops being such a thing for neckbearded sissies.
>>
>>29282699
i always wondered that if you were between the old minimum and 20 when a 21+ law got passed would you get a grandfather clause kind of thing or would you just not be able to buy them anymore?
>>
>>29283022
Uhh yeah, i had lung cancer when i was young because my parents smoked. Seriously, kys.
>>
>>29280974
stupid as fuck the the "humans" that do it should be put down
>>
>>29283014
If you don't smoke or you're against it you're a fucking normie and I'm sorry but you must GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE
>>
>>29283057
thats just shit genetics tBh
>>
>>29283057
what a weak little shit lmao
>>
>>29283014
I hope you also get mad at your unhealthy diet then or any other myriad of health problems you undoubtedly encounter in your daily life, all of which are probably equally as harmful as second or third (kek come on) hand smoke
>>
>>29280974
>Leaves a lingering disgusting smell on your clothes
>Leaves your mouth tasting like ash and a stinky fucking breath
>Ruins your fucking lungs
But it calms you down and looks cool right? If you gotta smoke stay away from me
>>
>>29282916
>a pack a day
I don't have a problem with ice cream eaters but if you polish off the entire gallon of Blue Bell in a sitting then yeah, something's wrong. Thankfully, I've never known an ice cream eater who went to such extremes, so I have no problems.
>>
>>29283122
>Leaves a lingering disgusting smell on your clothes
Not if you wash your clothes regularly and change clothes like, once a day
>Leaves your mouth tasting like ash and a stinky fucking breath
Not if you brush your teeth or do anything other than smoke 100 cigarettes in one day
>Ruins your fucking lungs
This one is very true
>>
>>29282757
Youre the perfect kind of idiot.

People who feel the need to smoke should be burned alive. Save us all time, energy, medical help, etc.

A pointless fucking venture to use a product designed to fuck up your body and brain and you people are ok with that because you fell into peer pressure or the news media meme to use it.
>>
File: cirno_hmm.gif (24 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
cirno_hmm.gif
24 KB, 500x600
I am still surprised that they don't outlaw it. Maybe the Jews need a mass who is smoking?
>>
>>29283122
I don't even smoke and I'd stay away from you. Fuckin' dweeb...
>>
File: -HyzPbA_Htc[1].jpg (313 KB, 1620x2160) Image search: [Google]
-HyzPbA_Htc[1].jpg
313 KB, 1620x2160
>>29280974
These are top notch for me at the moment.
I think attentionwhoring with cigarettes is bad, otherwise smoking is fine.
Everyone has/had shitty moments in their lives, no wonder a lot of people smoke.
>>
File: 1457201343725.jpg (12 KB, 200x215) Image search: [Google]
1457201343725.jpg
12 KB, 200x215
>get to piss off tons of normies legally
Reading this thread is fucking gold

Is smoking the absolutely most /mischief/ thing you can do?
>>
>>29283137
I have this 40yo co-worker that takes regular smoke breaks (like 4 a day). When he comes back that stinky smell spreads everywhere. When I go over to him or talk to him I have to take in cancer ground zero. All it takes is 1 cigarette, it has nothing to do with washing, even though obviously the smell would be much worse if he didn't wash his clothes.
>>
quit 4 months ago. miss it every day. same feeling of tightness in throat that makes me want to go have one as when i was smoking. don't start folks because stopping is awful.
>>
Its old-fashioned and has been. There's literally no reason to start smoking, its not cool like it used to be.
Its popular with #yolo fags though because smoking is the ultimate symbol of not caring about your future health.
>>
>>29280974
what happened to your channel mane
>>
>>29283244
Parliament was too papery for my taste. I like American Spirit blues. Still way better than camel or Marlboro.

I think the only people who have the right to criticize smokers are actually healthy, fit people. I laugh every time a fatty or neckbeard talks shit about smoking.
>>
It's a dangerous, disgusting habit that, if not done away from and respectfully to people in public, is a huge dick move.

That doesn't stop me from smoking though.
>>
>>29283144
you sucked the propaganda down hard

you do know that obesity and all it's related bullshit is where most of our healthcare costs go towards, right? smoking has NOTHING on obesity. you'd have to go back like 25-30 years minimum for smoking to be comparable to obesity.

you should be mad at fat people, not smokers. you're probably a fat fuck though, so this whole post is kind of pointless
>>
non smoker here. I don't mind the smell. It's quite nice
>>
I smoke. At some point I realized its poor self-medication for my anxiety, but I've enjoyed the isolation the lifestyle gave me along with the buzz.
>>
>>29283356
Fat people don't give you secondhand smoke cancer
>>
>>29283356
This. Total red herring. If these faggots were serious, they'd mandate pictures of morbid obesity on the happy meal bags.
>>
>>29283425
Meme. Secondhand smoke is only a thing if you hotbox in a car or in a bar all night long. No smokers do this around nonsmokers and there's usually laws against it already. Vapers and weedfags are literally the only people that give "secondhand smoke" and apparently it's totally cool to ignorant fucks like you when they do.
>>
>>29283331
They are different in taste and smell in each country.
But yes, the smell is pretty bad too. Tho these are ones of the best I've smoked so far.
> I think the only people who have the right to criticize smokers are actually healthy, fit people
I think it's none of their business. They can do a remark, but nothing more. It's every smoker's choise and they (we) are fully aware of the consequences that may (or may not) be.
>>
>>29283513
>apparently it's totally cool to ignorant fucks like you when they do
Have literally no idea where you got this from, you know me now?
>>
tried it once, was a terriable waste of money, I can't understand people want to do.
>>
>>29283425
insignificant. second hand smoke at this point is mostly bullshit fear mongering. unless you live with a smoker or work in a place where smoking is allowed and you breathe it in all day, you have absolutely no right to complain.

the only thing you can complain about is the smell. that's about it. you're just being a bitch.
>>
>see smoker
>immediately think of all the other things in their life that are messed up due to their no willpower
>>
>>29283602
the irony of someone posting this on r9k....
>>
>>29281022
What are you doing hanging around outside of AA meetings? Either you're normie scum that goes to AA meetings yourself or you're just basing your opinion off of AA meetings you've seen on TV and movies.
>>
>>29283619
not everyone posts on /b/
>>
>>29281022
>/r9k/
>not scum
Lmfao buddy
>>
>>29281046
don't forget to tip yer fedora also
>>
It's pretty good for wagecuck hourly work. I dont find it particularly addictive either.
>>
smokers are jokers

ngndf
>>
>>29282843
>>it only calms down the nicotine pangs (ie your addiction--it wants its next hit). Lrn2/dopamine pathways
This is bullshit I smoke like once a week maximum, I am by no means addicted to smoking but it makes me very calm and relaxed when I do. You feel good after smoking even if you are not addicted
>>
Who /nevergotaddicted/ here?
>>
File: 1465777102682.jpg (280 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1465777102682.jpg
280 KB, 1280x800
>>29284042
I'm >>29283963
I have never had an issue just not smoking. Maybe because I dont go through enough a die (I usually smoke a pack a week) and I've never had an issue just deciding to drop it for whatever reason.
Cigs are pretty meh in general
>>
>>29283268
But I dare to say he already stinked before. When I was an edgy teen I used to crawl out of window to smoke at the roof and if I stated there for like 10more minutes after I finished smoking the smell wemt away. My parents never found out bevause only my fingers and maybe hair a little stinked. And only if you really stick your nose on my shirt/hair/hand you could smell it a bit.
>>
>>29283176
Tobacco and Alcohol are really good sources of tax revenue phamalam.
>>
>>29284124
Maybe it's brand he smokes, he just fucking stinks up the place (and himself) after each break. He doesn't smell bad when we get to the office in the morning
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.