[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post things you think about that nobody else thinks about.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: lots-of-bugs-in-lights.jpg (16 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
lots-of-bugs-in-lights.jpg
16 KB, 550x412
Post things you think about that nobody else thinks about.

I often think about all the bugs that get trapped in lamps and die. Every time I pass a streetlamp and see that dark blur in the middle I think about whether or not, on some level, the bugs that enter are warned by the dead bodies and know of their fate. Do they burn or starve first? Maybe they go into it specifically to die. I wonder if any bugs ever get out and live to tell the tale.
>>
About 8 years ago, this lady in a subway station ran up to me and looked really panicked and asked me what train she need to take to get to xyz place. I told her and she thanked me, then immediately turned around and got on the wrong train. The doors closed too fast for me to say anything.

I wonder how long it took her to realize she wasn't going to reach her destination. I hope it wasn't too important.
>>
I often think about a paradox involving free-will and probability, assuming unification of consciousness/intelligence with matter/energy. The photons choose their paths as a function of free-will and we make decisions based on nothing more than a complex system of reactions.
>>
I was shopping with a friend when some young girl came upto me and was really really anxious and panicked grabbing onto me repeating 'time, it's the time, think about the time' or something along these lines and then she just let me go and disappeared into the crowd I asked my friend that wasn't far from me if he seen what happened he said he never saw anyone and no one was really reacting when this was happening I often think if she was even real
>>
>>29274666
Nice satan trips.

I always think about how my life would be if i never discovered 4chan. Dont get me wrong, i like this place. But back in the day i was a social guy. Went to parties every weekend, had friends and even kissed some girls.
But at some point in 2010 a page from my country was spamming a warning about a ddos attack on them by /b/
I started lurking there. /b/ was shit back then, but my younger self founded it funny. I started to be less present in social media to the point i just disappeared, which made me lost alot of friends. Add depression to the mix and this is the result. A NEET, nofriends, virgin ghost.
Im not even mad but goddamn, so much wasted potential.

>tfw oneitis got pregnant in the process

Literally the worst feel out of this.
But hey! atleast i got 4chan, right?
>>
when im stressed i like to think about what things i can know for certain are true

like, i know that my mind exists in some capacity. the english language exists because i can think in it, even though it may have been generated by my mind. i know that i have ambitions, even though they may be about things that i can't be sure exist.

everything physical around me may not exist. i cant prove that the world around me is real. i may be the only thinking entity that exists, but i cant prove it one way or another.

just things like that. it relaxes me.
>>
I usually think of nothing while I bang OPs mom
>>
I think about whether my ideas are original or not. I like to imagine rules for games and ive seen someone else make games ive thought a lot about 3 times. Dreadnaught, planetary annihilation, and star citizen are all extremely close to ideas ive had.
>>
It took me years to comprehend the world spinning.

Now it's almost ruined my perception of Earth. It's hard to describe but now I always feel like I am in space, rather than in a separate distinct world.

It's like how astronauts perceive walking on the moon.
>>
Lurking, feed me thoughts.
>>
I'm always imagining people as just the animals that conquered the world, how we're the same primitive-socially driven hairless monkeys we were in your early days except how we now live in this world we've manufactured, a world we weren't made for but a world our compulsions generate. How we're all just a three pound slab of fat, piloting an elaborate machine of sinew and calcium and electrical signals, that exists purely to fight to exist. It's all constantly in the middle-front of my mind. Barely anything bothers me knowing all this
>>
>>29275284
But does anything truly make you happy knowing this? Has not everything lost its meaning?
>>
>>29275284
>>29275157

This ties into it too, if we're the animals that conquered our planet what do the animals that have conquered other planets look like? No doubt before we see them they too will design weapons for them to use, appropriately advancing through the ages from wood to metal to fighter jets and bullets and so on. How when we get to the space arena however way you slice it most everybody there will have started out exactly like us: New kids on a probably green and definitely dangerous world
>>
>>29275327

Was there ever a meaning in the first place? I know my ambitions. I know my emotional needs. Why not pursue them?
>>
Feeling your mind being blown by mundane things is an easy way to harvest endorphins
>>
Sometimes I think about what the dinosaurs would be like if the asteroid never hit earth, if they would ever evolve brains like humans, then what sports would play or what kind of dinosaur vehicles they would create and what would dinosaur society be like? What dinosaur computer would look like and most important of all what would dinosaur memes look like?
>>
>>29275552
Why is being sentient the inevitable conclusion of evolution?
>>
>>29275622
because the final stage of biological evolution is when the lifeform gains the ability to evolve scientifically.
>>
>>29275651
>final stage of evolution
Obviously never learned evolution from someone with a clue.
>>
>>29275552
>if the asteroid never hit earth
They would still be extinct through other mass extinction events.
>>
>>29274666
They navigate by moonlight and artificial lights at night confuse them.

They aren't aware of their existance on any level worth thinking about, they just sort of do what they're programmed to do like little machines.

Sorry if I ruined the poem you were writing.
>>
>>29274666

In a behavior called transverse orientation, some insects navigate by flying at a constant angle relative to a distant light source, such as the moon. But around man-made lights, such as a campfire or your porch light, the angle to the light source changes as a moth flies by. This confuses it.
>>
>>29275058
I usually think of OPs' mom while I bang OPs' dad.

Feels good, man.
>>
>>29275735
Too late, faggot. I already explained it, back to /b/ with you.
>>
File: wort wort wort.jpg (130 KB, 1078x1314) Image search: [Google]
wort wort wort.jpg
130 KB, 1078x1314
>>29275552
filename.orig
>>
I think of stupid anime fights
>>
>>29275692
Shh, he's trying to be poetic.
>>
>>29275552
>when you realize dinosaurs are, like, lame
>when you realize t-rex evolved into the common chicken

Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>29275622
Who says it is?

The waterbear will outlive us.
Intelligence is just a novelty, doesn't make us superior just because some people think so.
>>
i think the universe has a creator, but the creator is far from perfect. basically if we imagine him to be like a programmer, its not like a programmer understands everything that will happen in the simulation he created.
>>
>>29275622
It isn't but why would I imagine them as regular animals then there would be no point
>>
bump for good thread
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.