[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anyone else freaked out by the idea that animals see colors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Barney_Gumble.png (62 KB, 296x400) Image search: [Google]
Barney_Gumble.png
62 KB, 296x400
is anyone else freaked out by the idea that animals see colors differently from us?

i mean, how do we know what is the "real" reality if we all see it differently?
>>
Just wait until you realize that atoms behave differently relative to whether or not a human being is observing them
>>
Once when I almost died and briefly reincarnated into a cat shit was super bright and the colors were all different. It was 2c-t-7 overdose so it may have been a hallucination, a very vivid one
>>
>>29273288
>a basic summary of the concepts of kantian metaphysics
>>
>>29273327
Don't talk about quantum physics. You know nothing of it.
>>
>>29273342
Wow lad, where did you find this rare gem ?
>>
>>29273476
Original silkroad in 2012
>>
This is called qualia

Look it up
>>
>>29273288
How do you know we see colors the same? The way you see green might be the was someone sees purple.
>>
>>29273288
Not trying to be edgy, but "colours"are just something your brain makes up.
>>
>>29273523
The perception of colours is based on societal cues :^)
If you have good color vision you're a normie sheep.
>>
File: 1464730113262.jpg (409 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1464730113262.jpg
409 KB, 1157x772
>>29273327

>"Observer" means person!

go tell that to /sci/ and get educated
>>
>>29273288
Colors are just combination of frequencies in the visible light range of the EM spectrum. You can measure those with scientific instruments. Our "perception" of colors are a very psychological phenomenon, but the eyes really just detect EM waves which are well understood, and are considered an objective reality.
>>
>>29273573
Fucking thank you so much. Made up bullshit regarding QM pisses me off like nothing else.
>>
>>29273573
so what do they mean by observer?
>>
>>29273573
>/sci/
>getting educated
shitty bait
>>
>>29273623
Anything that interacts with the particle you fucking mong. And no, passive observation does not count. Now shut up about quantum mechanics.
>>
>>29273670
so they have to touch the particles to observe them, why not just look at them?
>>
Does anyone have any biology gifs of cells doing their thing, like the ones where it looks like theres a higher being in this world? That's the best I can describe it, the cells have intricate designs and are doing things such as rebuilding
>>
>>29273695
Because it needs to be measured. Measurement means that information is conveyed. Passive observation does not do that. Now shut up about quantum mechanics.
>>
>>29273288

There is no experience outside the subject. Experiencing colors or anything at all differently from someone or something else does not change objective nature of things experienced, tho differing experiences might influence our understanding of objective. Someones experience of blue might be what your experience of red is like, but the words blue and red are just labels put on the experience of light waves hitting your eyes.
>>
>>29273739
How does touching particles give you information? you're making no sense
>>
>>29273288
All knowledge is based more or less directly on a couple of assumptions. And to believe that anything we know is objectively true is folly, as we have time and time again discovered things previously undetectable by mankind.
Mankind is not the measure of all things.
>>
>>29273795
Jesus Christ. I don't mean literal information. I mean information in the sense of like a ball moving hitting another ball. Now shut up about quantum mechanics.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.