[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to share my story, I want to show you that even if you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 550x350
I want to share my story, I want to show you that even if you're in a very shitty situation, there can always be a happy ending.

Here goes nothing!

>I was born with a cleft lip and palate (pic related, not me)
>had my first surgery at 10 weeks old
>had 20+ surgeries after that
>when kids could form sentences I was bullied and alienated
>my first memory of bullying was in Pre-K
>playing on the playground
>kids start pointing at me and start chanting "crooked nose"
>mom picks me up and I'm crying the whole way home
>after that day I was homeschooled until 8th grade
>right after that I had a metal contraption called a "Halo" designed to pull my upper jaw forward bolted into my skull for a year
>homeschooling is insanely lonely
>skip to 8th grade
>I come back into public school
>only get bullied and isolated more
>mid year I have the most painful surgery I could ever imagine and I miss a good bit of school because of it
>basically they break my upper jaw and pull it forward till the nerves are a millimeter from snapping
>not even an IV of morphine can touch the pain
>waking up from anesthesia is hell, usually kicking and screaming in the hospital bed because of the pain
>I recover and come back to school
>get bullied more
>start to contemplate suicide
>I get drunk and stare at my dad's gun for an hour sobbing my eyes out
>then I realize something
>if I killed myself, I would've wasted my parents time, money, and support. I would've wasted my doctors time who would spend up to 12 hours operating on me.
>more surgeries happen after that
>now here I am, 1 more to go.
>the girls used to call me ugly, crooked nose, bulldog (because of underbite)
>I now have a very beautiful girlfriend I've been seeing for a year
>she'll be there for my final surgery (same one as the one in 8th grade)

There's always hope, from a very young age I thought I'd always be alone because of the way I was born. Now I'm at the final stage of this road and I have someone to help me move on.
>>
thanks man
that made me feel better
>>
So you think because you were lucky to get a gf your story somehow applies to all of us? I'll just consider this as a bragging thread anyway.
>>
>>29273308
You're welcome, don't give up!
>>
>>29273312
I spent a lot of my life alone and isolated due to what I was born with. Just like a lot of people here, but I didn't give up on hope, I kept on going through those horrible surgeries. I went through all that ridicule and alienation, I didn't even feel human at all at a lot of points. But I found someone who didn't judge me based on my looks, and is willing to go through the final steps of my long journey and will help me continue a new chapter. This is meant to be encouragement.
>>
I don't think I've actually felt this touched in forever.

Thanks, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1289x771) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1289x771
>>29273308
>>29273515
It's been a little over an hour since my original post, thought it would reach more people but I'm glad it helped you two! Stay strong and keep your head high, you never know what's around the corner, life is full of wonderful twists and turns(:
>>
File: doggo.png (6 KB, 369x280) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
6 KB, 369x280
bulldog is a cool nickname though
>>
File: 1394738129626.jpg (9 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1394738129626.jpg
9 KB, 125x125
Of course there is, anon.
Oh come on, don't think that you just painted the world less a living hell with your sad story of shits and bullism.
Hell is just a word, reality is much, much worse.
You think there is redemption, hope, change and ambition, you think there is a safe place for everyone in this world, a small personal heaven where your dreams come true and your worst fear are immediately banished away by your newfound power and prosperity.
In reality you are just a dead cat bouncing again, your growing insecurities and festering nightmares will haunt for the rest of your life, they will always be there, no matter what, and your only hope is to always have something to focus on so that these nightmares don't wake up again to fuck you up in horrifying ways, as you can feel while growing older the extreme weight of your decisions and what you have done with your life up to X point.
This gratuitous hope-ism of yours is both sickening and mesmerizing, for you are nothing but a retard who thinks that his self-defined qualia of "good life" can somehow be translated as a worthy opinion for those who are extremely sick and in despair.
You don't fight despair with hope, and you don't fight hope with despair, all you can do is realize the dichotomy and make sure you are unaffected by it, for you will be forever slave of your mind and your feelings if you just ignore the duality and crave for a state of existence over another.
Your self-righteousness is a poison.
And you will know suffering again, anon.
Mark my words.
>>
>my parents paid for repeated plastic surgeries
Fuck off normalfag
>>
>>29274196
Chill it with the negativity. There is hope, sure some people are too far gone, but that doesn't mean the majority is completely void of hope or redemption. I don't have to put off my nightmares, I've accepted them and have moved on.

I mean seriously? You put that much effort to take a shit on me trying to encourage other anons on here who have and still are facing similar situations that I have faced? Your negativity and defeatism is poisonous.
>>
>>29274409
This

Also, what you had that "prevented" you from being a normie or at least somewhat accepted was purely, 100% physical.

What prevents most robots from exactly that is mostly mental, and cannot be changed by daddy's surgeries.
>>
>>29274511
You think that I'm able to walk away from all of that mentally unscathed? I'm sorry my parents could afford to give me the surgeries that I needed to correct my birth defect, sorry that infuriates you for some reason. You can wallow in self pity and refuse to see that there's hope for you, I don't see why you're so hostile.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 310x400
>>29274511
You think having this bolted into your skull for a year would have no mental impact on somebody?
>>
>>29274644
Tell me, why does he wear the halo?
>>
So I just get some surgeries and I'll get a gf or something. Ok I'll let you know when I'm finished being extremely poor.
>>
File: 1454246575322.jpg (637 KB, 1071x1068) Image search: [Google]
1454246575322.jpg
637 KB, 1071x1068
>>29274490
>negativity
>Your negativity and defeatism is poisonous
FOOL OF A MAN, YOU THINK THESE BASTARDS CAN BE SAVED BY THE HORRIBLE VOID THAT AWAITS THEM ALL?
THE VOID BECKONS
>>
>>29274811
oo that is a really really cool pic

do u mind if i save it
>>
>>29273227
>if you're in a very shitty situation, there can always be a happy ending.
Yes it can happen. But "always" is not true.
>>
I'm happy for you anon . But I'm not in the same situation as you .
my parents haven't spent money on me for surgery , so I don't have to worry about wasting everything
>>
>>29273227
Hey man I also had a cleft lip and pallet.

My surgeons used a lot of experimental techniques on me, and it's almost invisible , the crook in my nose is just barely noticeable although the surgeries to m jaw slightly bent a few of my teeth.

It never held me back, I just worked harder and harder. I was voted by my graduating class of about 180 to be the most popular guy, AND graduated as Valedictorian, AND served 4 years in the military. I've had 5 gfs and slept with 8 women.

Not once did they bring it up until I pointed it out; even friends I've made merely thought I broke my nose a few times when I was in the military or something.

The surgeries were hell though, I remember when they had to pull the staples out of my upper lip...I passed out from the pain.

Good work though man, our struggle is a unique one and I will always sheer your feel.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.