[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recovering (or trying to) beta orbiter here. How do I fully recover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: fake_nice_guy.jpg (100 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
fake_nice_guy.jpg
100 KB, 500x250
Recovering (or trying to) beta orbiter here. How do I fully recover? And I don't want generic /fit/ advice. I'm not going to fucking work out, I'm too lazy. I've well accepted that logically I will not get a gf, I just need to get rid of the orbiting issue.
>>
If you're being honest, then you've made the first step to something approaching happiness.
Once you accept that you're going to be alone, not in some momentary self depreciating manner, but truly accept it: you'll be working toward a different kind of happiness.
Just make your default a position of inaction.
>>
>>29272502
Well I'm not actually alone. I have friends. Both quite a lot of real world ones as well as steambros. I've just accepted that I won't get a gf, not because of anything else but because I have no drive towards that. Not sure how this oneitis situation happened where I actually fell for the love meme but I'm trying to get over it. I -long- accepted that I have no interest in relationships or going through all the tasks (getting fit, I already have a Chad-type asshole personality), but a oneitis temporarily changed that so I'm looking to get back to my normal state of things.
>>
>>29272648
No no, you misunderstood. I'm glad that you have friends. You should definitely keep up with friends, and be sure to put effort into the relationships.
I was saying that once you accept that it's not going down, you'll be able to look for other thing in life, and new sources of happiness.
After a long enough time it becomes natural, and the idea of being with someone becomes a weird notion.
>>
>>29272737
Ah, yeah. Once I figured it, I spent less time thinking about it and had more times for the things I used to do. I'm doing a physics major in college and have two more years to go so I'll be able to focus on that when I need to normally as well. You sound like you got experience with this shit. From wizchan by any chance?
>>
>>29272819
>You sound like you got experience with this shit.
I've just been thinking about this stuff for a while, and I'm honestly happier than I was six years ago.
Didn't buy into the chad/fit/soc/fa/ memes for happiness, and couldn't find it in myself to be like that anyway.
>From wizchan by any chance?
Nah, I could never get behind their extremism.
I don't really hate women either. I just don't like how they're generally conditioned to be.
Physics is fucking awesome, and I'm a little envious that I didn't pursue that path. I'm sure it will keep you busy. Remember to relax with hobbies as well. Get comfy and whatnots.

It's late, and I'm going to sleep, but I hope you have a nice day.
>>
How do I stop beta orbiting a girl who is my only friend in this world?
>>
>>29272962
Thanks man, and yeah I don't think getting fit and going out into the clubs to try and be like Chad is my thing. I'm not ugly nor overweight, maybe a plain girl will land into me eventually, but I'm not bothered to go out and look for her. Especially not with my oneitis symptoms finally seemingly fading away.

>>29272966
Yeah that might be a problem. If she is literally the only person you know you have nowhere to 'run away to' to be away for awhile. I recommend finding some other friends and cutting loose from her for awhile. You can still be friends, but once you've had enough time to think about what you're doing so you're just an acquaintance of her's and not a beta orbiter. Also focus on hobbies. You play vidya? Get into some immersive vidya, it made me stop thinking about my oneitis for ages.
>>
>>29273041
It's fucking hard because I'm one of her few close friends. And I don't have many hobbies, depression took it all away from me. I can barely play or watch something anymore.

I tried to cut loose for her sometimes, but then she comes to me asking why aren't we talking anymore... and, man, it's hard to resist when a qt3.14 talk to you like that.

Also, I already told her how I feel, she was a bit uncomfortable at first, but then everything went to normal.

Last night we were chatting through whatsapp, before she had a test on college. To say goodbye she said "Kisses, I love you". Why would she do that if she knows that I love her more than a friend and she doesn't?
>>
>>29273110
>To say goodbye she said "Kisses, I love you". Why would she do that if she knows that I love her more than a friend and she doesn't?

Girls do that to their orbiters a lot. And I know how you feel, I felt exactly like that, I guess it's worse for you because you've got nowhere to retreat to. Get out and meet some new people, I met a lot of new people during my recovery period. Try to rekindle your old hobbies. Don't watch anime with a beta protagonist that gets the girl because you'll end up thinking of her again. Try something escapist, maybe Game of Thrones as shit as it's gotten lately it is escapist.

Don't chat her up until she chats you up. Stealthily and not obviously withdraw. Think on other shit, shit not involving her. Constantly thinking of your oneitis isn't good for your mental health. I know this from experience.
>>
>>29273163
I wish I could make more friends, but I'm really shy and awkward. I'm watching Game of Thrones and some moe anime from time to time, but most of my time I spend doing nothing at my job, kinda hard keep my mind out of her in this situation.

Sometimes I think I should leave her behind and never talk to her anymore, but I really love her and she's a good girl who've been through lots of shit in her life. I'd feel terrible for doing this... and I guess that I still have a small chance with her, but probalby it's just my mind fantasizing.

She live on another city, about 6 hours from here. This July she'll come to my place get high with me and even sleep on my bed. I don't fucking know what I do.
>>
>>29273229
>Sometimes I think I should leave her behind and never talk to her anymore, but I really love her and she's a good girl who've been through lots of shit in her life. I'd feel terrible for doing this... and I guess that I still have a small chance with her, but probalby it's just my mind fantasizing.

You need to think more about yourself and your own well-being. If spending time with her or talking to her is torture then cut her loose, say you got other shit to do. You can still hang out with her and shit, but once you've gotten over your addiction.
>>
>>29273418
Thank you, senpai. I'll try to get over this addiction. I think the main problem with me is because I've lost all the acquaintances I've made through live because of my lack of interest in socializing. I'm afraid that if I do that to her, she'll never talk to me again. And yes, she's the "proud" kind.
>>
>>29273489
Don't directly blow her away and go nuclear (IIIMM WIIILLDD) just give overall more of a shit about yourself and stop answering her beck and call. Maybe even use her to get acquaintanced with her own friends and make social contacts that way. No matter how nice she appears to be, no matter how good she looks, she is looking out for her own interests first and you should be doing the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3YnoYKx2YI

This video made me think and pull myself away from my oneitis. I'm not gonna become like that fat neckbeard in that video. It really inspired me. I won't get fit, I won't become Chad, but I sure as hell won't become a beta cuck that drives her to get fucked by her boyfriends. I didn't do that, but I sure as hell don't want it to go that far, and it eventually would.
>>
>>29272386
>I'm not going to fucking work out, I'm too lazy.
Still a bluepiller, you'll never recover with this kind of attitude. THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL
>>
>>29273995
Only bluepilled if I actually want to attract women. What if I don't give a shit about women period?
>>
Watch MGTOW videos on jewtube until you understand what was really happening and why you became a beta in the first place. Then find interests and try to improve yourself. Also talk to more girls so you understand that none of them are special.
>>
>>29272386
> how to exit orbit

First step is to cut contact. All contact, no safety belts. Delete number, block from social media. Go completely cold.

This will hurt like hell.

Depending on your rotation, this may take a month or three to deprogram yourself from thinking about her uncontrollably.

Durring this time frame, focus 100% on bettering yourself. Read The Meditations of Marcus Aurillius, Deepak Chopra, Greek literature. Study, language and math. Learn an instrument. Work out, eat better. Develop yourself into a machine.

It doesn't matter if she is your only friend. She is enabeling your patheticism.

Start to resent her for this. She is literally holding you back by making you complacent and keeping you in a sexless existance so that you are reliant on her and she can feed off of your emotional reliability.

If she tries to contact you, blow her off. No reply. No reasons/no explanation. It doesn't matter if she thinks you are mad at her, miss her or if she is worried about you. Her existance no longer matters.
Break this cycle.
>>
>>29272386
>I'm not going to fucking work out, I'm too lazy. I've well accepted that logically I will not get a gf
You fucking faggot, you will never make it if you've already mentally defeated yourself right out of the gate. People tell you how to improve and you say no automatically like a stubborn baby. Fuck yourself, stay beta forever.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.