[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for an event to be so traumatic, that it causes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1455849001434.png (188 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
1455849001434.png
188 KB, 1035x800
Is it possible for an event to be so traumatic, that it causes a person to lose their mind? Like, after it happens, they become insane, their personality changes, their perception of reality changes?
>>
>>29271968
Yes, it happens to women when you say "no" to them. That's why they're all such cunts, desu
>>
Yeah man it happened to Casca
>>
>>29271968
You mean season two of Suzumiya Haruhi ?
>>
You're going to see this happen to millions of liberals after Trump is elected
>>
>>29271968
yes, I was beaten to ko in a streetfight. 5 people kicking my head after ko. after that I went hyper alert on every noise, person, etc, I caused two fights because of the repressed rage, all on public places, I also beat my mom. I was crazy, but now I recovered totally
>>
Yes, of course it is possible. An event completely destroying psychologically is more likely at an early age, but it's possible at any time given the severity of the trauma and your current mental state.

Think about it. You could be imprisoned and tortured every day for 10 years. That would completely destroy the psyche of anyone, no matter how level headed.
>>
>>29271968
Yes of course, it's happened, it could happen to a lot of people

Maybe even (you)
>>
>>29271968
>what is PTSD
>>
>>29271968
You should read "The Wasp Factory"
>>
>>29271995
This so much, Just the feeling of dread and sadness during the endless 8
>>
>>29271995
I think that killed the "likes anime" part of my brain for good
>>
I got raped and beaten over the head by a bunch of Mexicans when I was younger, and it really changed me. It changed my entire personality, my reactions, ways of thinking, absolutely to the point that my mother says that they took her real son from her.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.