[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I DON"T WANT TO DIE REEEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Kill Me.png (95 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Kill Me.png
95 KB, 1366x768
Anyways that humans could extend the natural lifespan within the next 50-60 years? or even become immortal? i'm so scared of an eternal nothingness, like boom suddenly you aren't, its so spook senpai
>>
>>29271849
When you're dead there won't be anything left that could reflect on the eternal nothingness, so relax
>>
>>29271849
Only normies don't want to die
>>
I might happen. It probably wont be cheap tho so better start saving.
>>
>>29271849
Just get some more experience with life. Then death won't seem nearly so bad anymore.
>>
>>29271941
yeah thats my plan
>>
>>29271849
we already significantly extended lifespan (more than doubled), senpai. human body is not really evolved to function properly for 100 years, that is why old people are aching everywhere and have dementia and whatnot.
through care of your body you can live to 100 or more, but you won't avoid death.

why be scared of eternal nothingness? you won't exist anymore to experience it.
>>
>>29271865
yeah but until i'm dead i know it's gonna happen
>>
>>29272002
what about engineered senesance?
>>
>>29272002
Not op but doesnt it seem scary? You have only one shot at live and everything after it is nothing. Sure life might suck but just nothing for all eternity? You wont be at peace or sone shit you wont be at all
>>
>>29272051
yeah thats why i'm scared (OP)
>>
>>29271872
This is such bull.

Every time I talk about wanting to live forever my parents and normie friends act like I'm crazy.

Not OP
>>
Not dying from age would be optimal.

But consider this. Literally everything is a cycle and Life just also is. There is no way to be sure there is a another life in any way the same that there is no way to be sure that there will be nothing.
In the end you cannot stop it for now so why even bother beeing afraid about it
>>
A few ways:
Artificially and continually lengthen the telomeres in ALL your cells as well as curing cancer without making replication/polymerase 100% accurate
Make polymerase 100% accurate

Both would require billions and billions of self sustaining nanomachines or treatments every so often where you're bombarded by radiation to power the nanomachines that fix your genome and artificially increase the hayflick limit and keep cells in prime condition.

Probably won't happen in your lifetime though. Nanomachines are tricky.
>>
Singularity is coming. We just need to survive another 30-50 years and then we're immortal. Feels good.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.