[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Teenage boys who show empathy attract 1.8 more girlfrien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
>Teenage boys who show empathy attract 1.8 more girlfriends than boys who don't
>http://www.psypost.org/2016/06/teenage-boys-show-empathy-attract-1-8-girlfriends-boys-dont-43305

So /r9k/ tell me, if you have no empathy for others, why do you expect others to have empathy for you?
>>
>implying the psychology departments aren't filled with feminists who will say anything to shift the blame away from women
>>
>>29270977
I think they mean attractive fellows.
you see its like when girls say they like the funny guys and really mean handsome guys who tell shitty jokes they laugh at anyways.
>>
>>29270977
>So /r9k/ tell me, if you have no empathy for others, why do you expect others to have empathy for you?
chicken/egg
>>
>>29271040
It clearly shows that if you show or develop more empathy for others, you can escape the no friend zone, you can do it anon
>>
>>29270977
shows empathy = positive thing on paper, but subjective
halo effect = baised towards positive subjective things getting attributed
the sort that gets the girls = halo effect
>>
>>29271013
>science is wrong when I disagree with its conclusions
>>
>Boys high in cognitive empathy attracted an average of 1.8 more girl friendships than low empathy counterparts
Beta cucks orbit women. Also in the news, water is wet and OP is a faggot.
>>
>Boys high in cognitive empathy attracted an average of 1.8 more girl friendships
>girl friendships
>girl friendships
>girl friendships
>girl friendships
>girl friendships
>girl friendships
>>
>>29271115
>psychology
>science
Nuh huh!
>>
>>29270977
>>29271181
yeah fuck you OP this is a route to the friendzone
>>
>>29271181
>>29271211
Isn't that already a step in the right direction though? Now you have nothing
>>
>>29271236

The friendzone is worse than nothing. It's no different to waving a steak in front of a starving dog and then keeping it out of its reach.
>>
>>29271181
This, it's like you guys didn't even read the article. Beta guys have friends who are girls, alphas have fuckbuddies that are romantically interested in them
>>
>>29271115
Is psychology even science? It seems like pure conjecture.
>>
>>29271236
girls will never sleep with a beta
it's just a waste of time forming a connection with psychopaths
>>
>>29271181
Hmmm. Seems like r9k was right again.
>>
>>29270977
But boys who don't have more sex. Notice the Chads and niggers lack empathy
>>
>>29271342
This. As always, beta cucks make friends who are girls and then she goes home and gets creampied by Chad
>>
>>29271350
That's something an unempathic loser would say, as evidenced by this study
>>
>>29271365
I have plenty of empathy, miss roast beef.
>>
>>29271181
kek
WTH I hate psychology now.
>>29271236
You know it's not true.
Boys want to get laid. Female friendship and intimacy and whatever you want are all nice and well, but it doesn't make up for not getting laid.
Not getting laid is probably the cause of much of their psychological issues later on, and will seriously fuckup their lifes. They're actually going mad.
The last thing they need to do is fall into destructive patterns like beta orbiting. Females are often terrible friends and they'll only be used by them.
>>
>>29271236
Women aren't machines you put friendship coins until sex falls you, you sexist misogynist pig! But then, who would want a female friend just for her qualities as a friend? Women are bland, selfish and retarded. That is why God gave them vaginas and tits. So you pretend their announcement of their sensory input "i'm cold," "i'm hungry," "i'm bored," constitutes as interesting conversation while jumping through hoops to entertain her in hopes that maybe she'll look your way and fuck you. Nah, you're staying right in the friendzone, buddy, and by god, that should be enough! What are you, a misogynist?

>a step in the right direction
"no"
>>
>>29271430
Serious question, have you ever had a conversation with a woman?
>>
0 x 1.8 = 0
/thread
>>
>>29271430
I'm sure, with that attitude, you'll be able to form plenty of fulfilling and rewarding connections with others.

You may think you're being ironic but if you really think like that with broad generalizations and negativity, how can you expect others to care about you as you clearly have no sense of empathy for others?
>>
>>29271451
>So you pretend their announcement of their sensory input "i'm cold," "i'm hungry," "i'm bored," constitutes as interesting conversation while jumping through hoops to entertain her
Deny this is the truth of male-female conversations. The only way you could do that is by being a braindead cunt woman yourself. Literally every man knows this to be the truth. Women do not know anything of interest or worth. They aren't funny or entertaining. They're bland.
>>
>>29270977
This was literally from the front page of reddit

A bunch of the beta cucks who use that site upvoted it, then OP the faggot saw it and thought he should form his opinion based on what r9k thinks.
>>
>>29271115
>The social sciences are actually science
>>
>>29271460
>empathy
You seem to assume we don't have empathy. We act RETARDED on this board. Most of us actually have plenty of empathy (in so far as our autism allows it) and sympathy.
It's very convenient to explain away that we're not getting laid because we're not nice. Actually women often mockingly call many of us "nice guys" implying we're worthless.
>>
>>29271481
My girlfriend and I were talking about the work of Ralph Waldo Emerson earlier, along with transcendentalism and a few treasure stories we want to look into and go check out. Most women are boring, just like how most men are boring. There are a few interesting ones, and those you can make good conversation with.
>>
>>29271460
>>29271460
Unsurprisingly, empathy almost invariably works to the benefit of women, to the extent that sublimated sexual desire ends up manifesting as empathy. You imagine I'm callous and borderline psychopathic with negativity because I found my interpersonal relationships recognizing my own best interests first, with people's happiness and well being only mattering to the degree that it overlaps and affects mine. Plainly, though, where's the empathy for the robots here, socially awkward men who are lifelong virgins? No one cares to understand or help men like that. At best they'll tell them, like I don't doubt you would - "be more positive!" and think that's helping. You're blind to the world.

>>29271526
>muh anecdote
Good for you? Women are far, far, far more boring than men, and in any relationship the man has to be the funny, entertaining, interesting one. Boring women get a free pass. Boring men don't.
>>
>>29270977
The normie definition of empathy is way different from what empathy actually is.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.