[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What instruments does /r9k/ play? I play the Ukulele and Ocarina.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: received_615114165324884.jpg (42 KB, 440x782) Image search: [Google]
received_615114165324884.jpg
42 KB, 440x782
What instruments does /r9k/ play?

I play the Ukulele and Ocarina.
I'll post pics of my instruments if anyone wants to see them c:

>pic related, my newest uke c:
>>
Oboe, Guitar, Piano and Drums Cx
>>
Not even the cello is as autistic and tumblr-core as the ukulele and ocarina. i play mandolin and harmonica so i cant really talk
>>
>>29269749

I'm trying to learn how to play the Balalaika, but its slow going.

Currently learning the basics of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuvMrUUyy2w
>>
>>29269785
I don't really mind if the ocarina or the ukulele are meme tier, the noises they make are lovely, and make me happy c:

Can I see your mandolin? I've always admired them, I've been though about picking one up and trying to learn how to play.
>>
>>29269749
I have played the oboe for nearly 26 years

I just had rehersal tonight and my ear feels like it is stuffed with cotton after sitting next to the piccalo
>>
>Ukulele, Ocarina.
>c:
>Some sort of social network/phoneposting whoring your snowflake purchase.

Didn't know people like you came here. Kek.

I play traditional piano, taught by my parents.
>>
>>29269792
I came across this amazing balalaika player a while back, I'll link you.

https://youtu.be/5JqeSU7lSLE

It's a very popular video, I'm sure you've seen it. Regularless, I believe it's amazing what you can do with just three strings.

The song you showed me was beautiful. Best of luck anon!
>>
Electric guitar. I like comfy shoegaze and post-rock sounds. Always wanted a ukulele. Should get one sometime.
>>
>>29269812
Im a phonefag and pictures won't upload but it's a fender fm-100 if you wanna google that. It was only like $150 and for like 200 you can get it with picks, a strap, a case, a book and an electronic tuner, so its pretty cheap for starting out.
>>
>>29269821

I guess you're a little right, I'm not super robot. And I am on a mobile, so you're right there.

But I don't want to whore around my new uke man, I just really love it and want to see what kind of musical instruments you guys are into.

It's really neat that you play piano though, I bet it was a lot of fun getting taught by your parents too! Mine aren't particular musical, so I haven't had that experience. I've been pushing my dad into playing the harmonica, it suits him I think
>>
>>29269869

two of the strings are actually the same pitch (E) in the most common tuning.

also, y-you too.
>>
>>29269884
I love shoegaze and post-rock too!

The album "Stranger" by Balmorhea is probably my favorite post rock album.

Have you ever heard anything by Beach House? They are a dream pop group, but all of their guitar riffs are pretty far out. They really live up to the dream part of dream pop. Check out the Bloom album by them if you've not already listened to it. Also "Space Song" on the "Depression Cherry" album is pretty superb IMHO
>>
>>29269749
guitar and bass. hopefully drums one day
>>
>>29269812
Mandolins are cool, but they're very limited unless you're getting into advanced bluegrass stuff. Once you've learned the scale you can play any Italian/Irish songs easily, and it's not like guitar where you can really strum or fingerpick. Mandolins only really sound good when you're playing with someone else. I got one after playing guitar for several years and was pretty I tired of it after 6 months because there's just not much to do.
>>29269884
That's sweet, I'm into shoegaze myself, I'm working on an album. What kind of gear do you have!
>>
I want to get a simple, non-expensive instrument to play, any suggestions? I bought an Irish tin whistle but I'm not really feeling it.
>>
>>29269924
Are they toned an octave apart, or are they the exact same tuning? I imagine you could probably do some sick harmonics with either of those, though!

I've seen contrabass ones the size of a regular human. They are very interested instruments! It's awesome you're learning to play!
>>
>>29269998
You can get a cheap ukulele for $20 or so, learn some chords and you've taken your first step into real musical knowledge.
>>
>>29269998
OP here, I'm partial to the ukulele, but I believe something like harmonica might also be easy.

The ukulele is great though, you can get them pretty cheap (I wouldn't go under $50 desu, they just don't keep in tune as well, Makala is an amazing brand though) they are fun and super easy to learn.
>>
I've played guitars for 6 or 7 years now, and am trying to learn piano.
It's so fucking hard to make myself read sheet music. Really frustrating since I always end up memorizing the finger placements instead of understanding the actual music, then I'll have to try some new song. I feel like my brain's wired for guitar-style playing without sheet music
>>
>>29270005

they are the exact same

Origionaloski
>>
>>29270020
>>29270035
I was really thinking about the ukulele, thank you. Maybe I will like stringed instruments more.

I'm completely music illiterate, barely even listen to it in my spare time but I think to myself maybe I can get into it more if I create it.
>>
>>29270064

Huh, very neat! I missed out on a wonderful chance last week Phoenix Arizona, I was about to go to the Musical Instrument Museum there. But in the front lobby, I did have the time to see a beautiful balalaika! I'm really glad you were able to share a bit more though, I really appreciate it!
>>
>>29269749
OP
Is ukelele good for playing rpg songs on? I tried to build me a guitar, but I'm not able to get all the tools yet
>>
>>29270083
If you've got the willingness to, I believe you'll be a fine musician some day.

If you go with the uke, I will warn you, if you play non stop for the first few days like I did, it'll hurt. But it'll stop once your callouses build up.

Also, ukulele underground is a great starting resource!
>>
>>29270139
It's pretty versitile I think. I can play the jeapordy theme song, and here comes the sun on the same instrument. So I believe if you can find the sheet music, or better yet the tabs to the songs, you can most certainly learn how, yes.

What did you have in mind?
>>
>>29269891
I think they sell ones like that at my local music store, I'll look into it!

I'm in an area where bluegrass is common, so they are not in short supply. The music store has tones of banjos too, it's great.
>>
testing desudesu
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.