[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do robots think about life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 21
File: coyto3_500.gif (998 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
coyto3_500.gif
998 KB, 500x210
Let's talk for a minute. Where do you stand in life philosophy, how is our existence an inevitable;e effortless spurt of energy that only affects ourselves and nothing of importance. Or do you beleave that it's all "for something". I think the most we can get out of life is personal growth, and as humans, that should be every single person's objective. To grow from experience. What do you think?
>>
i have a theory but I cant put it into words because its just my interpretation of my experiences

in short, i believe that life as we know is indeed a simulation, and everything we know on a micro and macro scale is just a series of inputs and outputs
>>
>>29268711
ok, when you say "we", do you mean as an individual or as a community; as a country or Earth
>>
>>29268689
I think we are put here to suffer and when you die it all repeats again yet you will never know it or just know enough to expect it.
>>
I could some up the majority of my views with "antinatalist."
>>
File: 05.jpg (15 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
15 KB, 480x270
>>29268786
like a ressurection in the filter of "I have no mouth and I must scream"? In a way I can see that. But I think we would adleast be in another time laps in time or another part of the universe, even if it was this universe. But mabey not repeat the exact same life over and over again. Which does lead to the though of "why have we been condemned to existence"
>>
I believe everything is entirely pointless
>>
>>29268980
I think that some situations change but there is a perpetual issue or condition everyone is stuck with that stays consistent on every rin like depression or anger.

Some people are meant to live life angry all the time, some maybe constantly depressed and some could even be oblivious
>>
>>29268689
To need is to suffer. If we were moral creatures we would device a way to make it so life could never happen again on this planet. That would be impossible to do and so we'll just suffer until the time for suffering to stop comes. It doesn't matter what you do with your time here because no one will be around to remember.
>>
>>29268793
>antinatalist
so you think that our solution, as a living society who's main natural goal is to reproduce and expand, is to slowly stop reproducing and expanding? why? so the suffering can end?
>>
>>29269090
yep, and we have a responsibility to live sustainably and protect biodiversity
>>
>>29269039
and this would transcend with that entity thru out its "existence" in the various form it has to live thru every time it comes back? And what would be the meaning for it? Or is it more of a damn-nation that each entity carries, like a fetus that never dies or births?
>>
>>29269011
futile pointless or momentary? Momentary meaning everything that I do know will not impact the future, and will not change it in any way. The outcome will inevitably be the same. Or futile, where nothing that happens matter anyway, because everything is already gone to shit?
>>
>>29269085
>to need is to suffer
I think as creatures that, as basics go, we need water, food, sleep and stimulation to be existing as comfortably as we can, given that it is the situation we find ourselves in.
>No one will be around to remember
Well in all honestly, I have found a mental spot that I am very comfortable being in. The thought that I don't live for anyone else. All the actions that I take are very selfish, and I don't need anyone to remember. Most of the time I hope no one knows of my actions, so they are as pure and real as they can be, since the only one aware of them i myself. I think living life com-placing other is futile, since every decision you make will make someone happy and someone angry, will foulness lurking their thought of how you are living incorrectly. The best I can do is make myself happy, without having to look over my shoulder for moral or ethic backing.
>>
>>29269127
So in the time we are present, those who are alive, we must protect. But at some point, they will cease to existence, given their mortal time. And at that point, we let death sweep us, and take us where we wont come back?
>>
>>29269218
Both, but without the "gone to shit" part

If anything life is better and easier than it has ever been
>>
>>29269494
>Life is easier than its ever been
I'm assuming you mean this because of rights that women and minorities have gotten, a lot of laws have passed given many citizens freedom, as well as the openness that other, smaller groups, have taken, like the LGBT community.
>>
>>29269578
I was more referring to the availability of medicine, food, water and just general safety. Those are good points too though.
>>
>>29269606
however, you still hold that with these tools given to us by government or just by the moral global situation, it's still all going to end in a quiet death, where nothing is recorded, and nothing is read. So then, what halts you from doing something that is burning inside you that you feel restrained from doing because of law or morals? Like moving to another country becasue you are fed-up with the system in te one you are currently in, changing your name to start life completly a-new or simply killing someone you hate
>>
I believe that nothing matters and thats why i try my best to entertain myself and do whatever i find fun. No higher purpose no objective morality no nothing just entertainment.
>>
>>29269729
I don't really see any point in doing those things. I have no real desire for anything, especially not something that requires significant effort.
>>
File: fear_500.jpg (345 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
fear_500.jpg
345 KB, 500x700
>>29269747
So what do you hold highest in life? What is on the highest pedestal, closest to the sun, towering all other? Personal happiness? Family? Success?
>>
File: 200 (3).gif (1 MB, 474x200) Image search: [Google]
200 (3).gif
1 MB, 474x200
>>29269788
So, minimal effort that also matches maximum fulfillment? So what fills these minimal desires? Is it the knowledge that you are currently happy, without having to exceed yourself? That others ae spending years in college and kissing a managers ass to get a small raise, while you get the same fulfillment, if not more, by sitting on your ass? Or is it much simpler, and it's just sweets and candy that bring momentary happiness, that sufficed and over takes the need for more effort?
>>
>>29269947
Personal happiness i suppose, all i care about is that im not bored with my life, because whenever im bored the suicidal urges come back.
>>
Is anyone else's biggest fear that nobody will remember them in the future? Like I know it'll almost definitely happen. My goal in life is to write something that somehow helps me be remembered in the future. Is that weird?
>>
>>29268689

Just have a good time while you can bro.
The real question is how do I get friends?
>>
>>29270152
Let me ask you something; How knows about you now? What have you attributed to society that is worth your name being spoken by children and men? There was a time when I cared about needing to be someone. I thought it was what everyone was striving to be. But you can't live with that mentality or you'll lose your fucking mind. The morality I have taken is to know what you love, what is your passion, and follow it until you die. Don't let anything stop you, because everything will, and only have the drive to push it back to make room for success. I know where you are, but let me tell you, you have to let that fear go, and live life making yourself happy. You will start making decisions that make you happy, and others will see this, and those that like it fill follow you. Only then will other know you, because of your actions, your real self, and not what you wanted to be. But instead, what you were
>>
>>29270152
That is a silly fear as one day everyone will not be remembered and not exist. the real fear is not existing.
>>
File: fearquiz1137outcome5.jpg (20 KB, 600x259) Image search: [Google]
fearquiz1137outcome5.jpg
20 KB, 600x259
>>29270168
Ah, the million dollar question. To be completely sincere, your going to need to find yourself first. Find what you fell comfortable being in. You have to be able to wake up every morning and be ok with the skin you're in. And starting down this path insist as complicated as it may seem, but it is long and requires effort. Start off in the simplest form possible; are you comfortable the way you look? The clothes you wear? The way you smell? You physical state? Once you have answered yes to all three, the rest comes like a river. When I was in your shoes I remember how futile it felt, the emptiness,and the lies you would tell yourself so you could cop with the knowledge you were alone. But the road to finding who you really are, what you really think, what you like and hate, will drive you directly to the first real friends yo will ever have. And there is no feeling like the one that comes from inside, knowing that yo are with your kind
>>
File: Chungking-Express-090.jpg (212 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
Chungking-Express-090.jpg
212 KB, 1200x720
If life has a meaning I don't want to know it and would actively reject it even if somehow it were told to me. I believe that Nothingness is better than Somethingness and that complete empty oblivion is the best possible case. However in day to day life this doesn't really have much of an impact. I follow my impulses and try to do what I believe will make me happy or is good (I believe in good and evil). However I do value my own happiness over ethics, and I would do something I think is unethical if I believed it would make me happy more than I would feel guilty about it. I'm also not so sure that we have as much free will as we like to think, although I tend to believe in free will, I think our animal instincts often overpower our rationality in our decision making.
>>
>>29270300
Thanks for the advice but I already feel great about myself. I used to have a lot of friends but worked abroad for 2 years and came back, now all of them are gone and I am not in college anymore and no job so I literally don't know what to do to get new friends.

Also dubs checked
>>
Would you kill yourself or anyone else?
>>
File: zee8393g.jpg (53 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
zee8393g.jpg
53 KB, 720x576
>>29270013
Why the suicidal thoughts? Loneliness over comes you when your at your home alone? Or the opposite, when it's the most crowded and you see others interact with each other in ways they have never interacted with you? I have no idea of your personal life, your age or living situation, but what I do know i the emptiness felling. Know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and light outside is very bright and warm. It is a struggle to get out of the tunnel, but it is a journey you must take on your own. If not someone took it for you and the feeling has not trully left. That feeling must be taken over by a stronger emotion, to which I recommend passion. Not love, but a passion to be better. I imagine that as every one on the planet, you must have a hero you look up to, or an idol or some equivalent. Not necessarily idolizing him/her bu they are clearly something they have that you wish to have. Don't think of it as a wish, know that they are also humans with their own heros. An that if you want something to change, it can happen, you just have to make it happen my friend
>>
>>29270370
Who do you ask?
>>
>>29270379
>there is light at the end of the tunnel

And then there's another tunnel, and then more light, and more tunnels, and so on until death. That's the way life goes. The real end is death,as far as we know anyways. Personally I'll be very upset if I die and wake up in some sort of after life. Life is long enough.
>>
>>29270491

How could you possibly not want to exist?
>>
File: 1464129559184.png (99 KB, 632x758) Image search: [Google]
1464129559184.png
99 KB, 632x758
What do I think about life?

>Mom and dad fuck each other
>I am born
>"HURR DURR you are now obligated to fulfill some destiny in your life. Go work to live. Have dreams and shit. Be some kool guy. ITS YOUR OBLIGATION!"

I honestly don't fucking care. I am just some dumb shit out of my moms vagina. I am chill being alone, looking at stupid pictures on the internet, smoking, and fucking girls when the opportunity is shown. I don't believe in that love bullshit. Life is just a big fucking TV series that I don't care about. All you neuro-typical pseudo-intellectuals trying to put the puzzles pieces together are fucking stupid.

tl;dr I don't care.
>>
>>29270531
To not exist would mean no responsibility or accountability of possibility of persecution. Only way I'd want to exist is in communion with a powerful deity who was always on my side and against everyone else. Closest thing on earth to that is being NEET.
>>
File: 982_5.jpg (216 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
982_5.jpg
216 KB, 728x409
>>29270531
I'm okay with existing, all of the things that I like and give me pleasure exist. However also all of the things that I hate and cause me suffering also exist, the two are inseparable. When I'm unconscious I don't experience any of these things, and to me this is a net gain. I won't miss any of the things I like, because there will be nothing to miss them, and I will be finally free of all pain and suffering. That's why I think non-existence is objectively better than existence.
>>
>>29270349
There is a certain comfort in the oblivious. To exist souly in the moment. The paradox happens when you want to keep learning and growing, or when you close the lid tight on the bottle and start to reject the concept of water. The problem is, have you drank too much to ignore the thirst that you are now aware of. Many times I wish I was never thirsty at all. But the decisions have been made, and I can't go back to the simple time and head space of obliviousness. And the person that I am today prevents me from retreating. There is only forward for me now, even if it leads to a cliff. I must go forward.
>and I would do something I think is unethical if I believed it would make me happy more than I would feel guilty about it.
This is something we share in common. I don't care much for rules or the feeling of other. Their ethics seem mundane and at least questionable , so my happiness will always over power other's opinions. I would never limit my own happiness by others morals. Who is to say that what they beleave is right or wrong, and who am I to question it. I will do what I know fulfills me, and I hope they do they same. But I will never limit myself because of them, because ina personal way, that is suicide
>>
>>29270572
you realize thats how you are now right? We all die, fuck "responsibility. I mean obviously if you kill people you will go to jail but other than that do whatever you want. Only problem is money or not having friends.
>>
>>29268689
we are all parts of a massive conscience living out different aspects of a life. we are a all a part of a newborn god learning how to behave, the parts of us that are poison will be shed.
>>
File: 001fear-and-loathing-sunglasses.jpg (112 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
001fear-and-loathing-sunglasses.jpg
112 KB, 800x533
>>29270564
I'm glad you've found comfort in bliss. I wish I could say that I want that, but I don't. My mentality prevents me from coming to a rest. The level of "consciousness" to call it something, won't let me stop trying to gain knowledge thru talk, thru others, and above all else, experience
>>
>I think the most we can get out of life is personal growth, and as humans, that should be every single person's objective. To grow from experience.
I think every person gets to decide how they use their life, though they don't have to decide anything.
>>
File: zg.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
zg.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
>>29270653
Interesting view, I haven't heard it laid out like this before. A newborn god. And when is he fully developed, ready to start creating or shaping worlds? Or do you mean we are a continuous living god-in-training, whose existence is our very own?
>>
File: zfear-the-change-vizor-room.jpg (407 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
zfear-the-change-vizor-room.jpg
407 KB, 1920x816
>>29270685
of course, you always have control over your path and what your decisions are will always fall on who you are and what who hold as the most important aspect in your personal life. The point I'm trying to make is that you learn what decisions you want to make by experiencing life as it comes, and how you must handle them with your current situation and with the tools at hand. And as life goes by, the situation changes, the tools change, and so do your decisions.
>>
>>29270789
well yes, life changes
your goal might change, it might not
>>
i want the ride to end

the whole ride, this cosmic fluke we call life, or at least all human life

antinatalist here. and yes its because of the suffering inherent to all human life
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.