[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw unironically autistic how to cope with this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: fuq.png (8 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
fuq.png
8 KB, 512x512
>tfw unironically autistic

how to cope with this?
>>
>>29267198
happiness comes from within
>>
>>29267198
You don't. Honestly nothing awaits you but painful self awareness. Just stay away from people, accept that your life is destined to be one of seclusion and solitude.
>>
Here's a pro tip for you. EYE CONTACT. Get it right. People notice it instantly and they know there's something wrong with you if you don't get it right. That can give you a few more minutes of normal interaction before they realize something is off with you. Also eye contact is not with their boobs. That's obvious but I fuck this up all the time somehow.
>>
File: 1454790945521.jpg (70 KB, 854x900) Image search: [Google]
1454790945521.jpg
70 KB, 854x900
>>29267198
I mostly do vidya and animu and when people start asking questions about my life I hide behind jokes or canned responses because I don't know what to tell them and I also feel that they are intruding

>>29267345
>nothing awaits you but painful self awareness
Honestly this assessment is correct
>>
Funny story, when I first met my psychiatrist, he seemed like a TOTAL normie. He was no only a psychiatrist, but he was also a pilot, he had a radio show, wrote a magazine and regularly appears on TV. He was extremely charismatic and friendly, always cracking jokes. Well, I was telling him about my autistic struggles, and he goes quiet. He tells me that he, too is autistic. Now, this wasn't too much of a shock to me, but apparently nobody else knows except some of his patients and his wife. I asked him "How do you do it? Be autistic and be a turbo-normie?"

He basically just told me to 1: Be aware of what the weird autistic shit I do is 2: Constantly try to reign in it (Basically fake it) 3: Expose myself to normies as much as I can

Now, I doubt he's too deep in the autistic spectrum, and this advice is pretty obvious...but maybe it'll help.
>>
Youre different from them and they know it and will not forget.
You will never be one of them, no matter how accepting and nice they seem.

You won't ever have the respect a normal person has. You will always be the retarded person.

Most ppl in here can change, try as you might, if you are really autistic that will never change.

You can make all the eye contact in the world, pretend to act normal all you want. You will still be autidtic and even though they say its fine it will always be in the back of their minds, if not the front.

So what do???....if you're autistic you will try and try again because you just won't get it.
>>
at least you don't have tourette you fucking normie
>>
>>29267871
He told you that to make you feel better.

Or hes more asbergers than real autistic.
Where do you asbergers people get off doing that???
>>
>>29267871
>he had a radio show, wrote a magazine and regularly appears on TV

Is your psychiatrist Dr. Isiah Friedlander?
>>
>>29267926
Hey you can speak your mind and just blame the Tourettes. Cock sucking faggot muther fucking bitch.
>>
>>29267198
Ascend into a tier that most people are too dumb for.

t. diagnosed with aspergers at 21, degree in engineering physics, have daily debates with my beautiful wife on various philosphical issues, always challenging each other

Life gave you some lemons. Make lemonade.
>>
File: 467.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
467.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
>>29268007
yea sure, but i failed college. im just an all around tard
>>
>>29267198
>autistic
>5'3
be glad your not me or worse
>>
>>29268007
Am I autistic if I knew what that picture was?
>>
>>29268007
It wasnt that bad if you only got diagnosed at 21. Aspergers is not the same, or they would just call it autism.
>>
>>29267871
>>29267345
>>29267908
All of these are right. Being self-aware sucks but you can make it easier on yourself if you work to keep your weirder habits to yourself. And learn how to be okay being alone with yourself, you aren't necessarily doomed to eternal solitude but you'll know a lot of it.
>>
>>29268061
You're not. You're not special because you saw an RTG in The Martian or whatever.
>>
>>29267999
It's a lot more subtle
I don't have that screaming disorder (I do, but I repress it, unless I get anxious)
Tourette spills my spaghetti by messing up my attention span, making impossible for me to stand still, and making me say lots of random/offensive stuff in the middle of a convo (coprolalia)
>>
>>29268116
Still haven't seen it. I just have an autistic fascination with space probes.
>>
How do I know if I'm actually on the spectrum or just 'weird'?
>>
>>29268307
mommy got me tested
>>
>>29268307
Theres a lot of overlap.

If you are weird enough and ok with that, they will just label you aspergers.
But be ready to live with that label.

I know it seems like being diagnosed will fix everything or just knowing will make it better but in reality it doesnt help. I mean you can get on pills to calm yourself and try to mimic normal ppl but you would just be the aspergers guy who takes medication and does therapy, which ppl can see through.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.