[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot Lifting General /rlg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: gymbruh.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
gymbruh.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Why/When did you start lifting?

What are your limitations or hesitations if you don't lift?

What is your favorite body part and exercises to do?

Any questions you guys have about diet or exercise that I can answer for you?
>>
skinny fat here. I'm just to scared to go to a gym. All those people are ripped or bears and then theres me. At the back on the rowing machine.
>>
>>29266619
>why don't you lift
Too scared of being the fat guy in the gym struggling to lift 65lbs

>questions
Starting program for a guy who's only interesting in cutting weight?
>>
File: Thin.png (513 KB, 402x613) Image search: [Google]
Thin.png
513 KB, 402x613
I don't lift.

I think calisthenics work well enough, combined with my low caloric intake ~800 - 1,000 per day.

I like most of my petite body.
>>
File: JonathanP2.png (527 KB, 439x578) Image search: [Google]
JonathanP2.png
527 KB, 439x578
>>29266684
>>29266686
Not OP but I had the same fear as you guys with the whole being noticed thing, no one at all will care
>>
>>29266684

I know the struggle, I used to be so anxious about going to the gym and being judged by everyone that I put it off for years. One day I just told myself that I buy a day pass and go for one day, if i felt uncomfortable then I would just leave. I was pleasantly surprised at how many regular people were there, mostly skinny teenagers and middle aged women but the best part about it was that even the really ripped dudes that i was intimidated by at first were actually really supportive and helpful. No is going to judge you there anon and this was my phone fear of going in the first place but it just ended up being a figment of my imagination. As soon as I went my first day, every fear and nervous thought I had went away.

Everyone just wants to do their workout and leave, just me and anon. I know it seems daunting at first but when you go it will be such a relief and you will love it, promise.
>>
File: 1465616062048.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465616062048.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
>>29266619
>Why/When did you start lifting?
Started back in January and I wanted to stop being a NEET beta shut-in.

>What are your limitations or hesitations if you don't lift?
Just lazy bro. I still go every weekday but sometimes it's hard to find motivation to actually do it since there is noone really supporting me.

>What is your favorite body part and exercises to do?
I like working out my shoulders and doing pull ups is my favorite workout.

>Any questions you guys have about diet or exercise that I can answer for you?
Is it acceptable to skip the routine if you're on vacation?
>>
>>29266791
can you actually learn lifting from youtube videos, none of my friends lift i think ill just make a fool of myself
>>
>>29266619
Also whats a good beginner work out?
>>
>>29266777
>no one will care
I know that in my head, but it's hard to convince myself of that. I also don't really want to make the 3.5 mile roundtrip walk to the gym in a Nevada summer, especially since I have to cross Chad central at the university. I know it's lazy but that's life.
>>
>>29266686

No one will care, people are actually happy to see someone putting in the work to better their physique. If anything, people judge you for not doing anything to better yourself. The gym is a very relaxed place, even the roiders are nice.

Best thing for cutting would be to lift light weight with high reps. Once in awhile go for one rep max to test your strength but dont care about what anyone thinks becuase in reality they arent even paying attention to you or how much youre lifting.

Do about 10 minutes of cardio at the end of every workout. Train your back and core twice a week. You will get shredded fairly quick. Don't restrict your calories too much or you will slow your metabolism down. Eat small portions many times throughout the day and your metabolism will speed up and you will burn fat even when youre not working out.
>>
>>29266686

the only type of people who judge newbs are the second smallest guys there
>>
>>29266753

You have good genetics for body building, wide shoulders and small waist are very desirable in the bodybuilding world.

About genetics aswell:

Everyone thinks that "good genetics" are just being able to put on size fast but that isnt the case at all. Good genetics come in many forms:

>wide shoulders
>small waist
>round ass
>burn fat quickly
>build muscle quickly
>be naturally strong
>symmetrical muscle
>round muscle
>hard muscle

any of the above is considered "good genetics"
>>
>>29266881

Thats how I leant how to lift. Omar Isuf is a great channel to watch for beginners. Also, if your anxiety is too bad to ask someone who knows what their doing (like me when i started) then refer to youtube videos. People are always happy to give advice though
>>
>>29266890

Well every workout plan you find on the internet isnt made for everyone, because we are all different.

I always had a hard time following workout routines when i started so I just kind of did my own thing. If you want to take that route, workout just workout 2 body parts in a single day.

>back/chest
>triceps/biceps
>legs abs

thats how i got the best results, especially if you dont want to go 5-6 days a week. Some people will isolate 1 body part at a time but its up to you and it depends on your goals.

Full body workouts are good for beginners because when you first start lifting you will grow like a weed, the gains slow down when after a 1 or so.

Look at the areas you want to improve on and train them more often.
>>
>>29266971
>>29266943

So don't go for something like Rippetoe or Starting Strength, just learn the form and do a shitload of reps? Should I spend the extra cash to use the pool for cardio?
>>
>>29266753
you have slave genes, you were born to toil in the fields
>>
>>29267240

Exactly, form should be your first priority. Find a weight on each exercise that you can do for 8-10 reps. Take about 2-3 minutes rest in between sets. Make sure you eats lots of protein right after a workout.

At this point you will grow regardless of what you do, its called beginner gains. Find your comfort zone and practice form. If you get the form down and feel a little bit lost you can jump on a program that suits your goals. I was never good at following them, i kind of just made my own program but everyone is different.
>>
>>29267266

Blacks have best body building genetics from being forced into hard labor for hundreds of years.

>kai greene
>ronnie colman
>CT fletcher
>Kali muscle
>>
>>29266853

Yeah skipping routines is fine, in fact, every time ive taken a few days from lifting I came back stronger than ever.

Some people do "deload" weeks where they just lift reallllly light weight and practice form and do shit load of stretching. Apparently its really helpful but ive never done a deload week before.
>>
>>29267530
That sounds really interesting. I'm gonna look into that.
Thanks bro, was waiting for the response before I go to sleep.
>>
>>29267567
No problem man, happy to help
>>
>>29267410
Not really it depends on the body type.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.