[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does thinking about war make anyone else really sad? Like thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1437274119288.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
1437274119288.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
Does thinking about war make anyone else really sad? Like thinking about Vietnam or Korea, and all the young men who were drafted to fight. They went in all innocent and young and came back as jaded and hardened as you could get.
>>
>I'm glad I fought against 'em
>I only wish we'd won
>and I don't want no pardon for anything I've done
>>
>>29265049
thinking about all the deaths in war sometimes brings me to tears
>>
>>29265049
"MEN! 50 of ya are going out there... 25 of ya ain't comin' back!"
>>
>as hardened as you can get
I got more hardened when I saw your mother.
But no I understand and feel the same way OP. It's a loss of innocence. WW2 was understandable but any war since then is just sad, it didn't need to happen.
>>
>>29265105
>WW2 was understandable

Why did you have to say this?

Now a bunch of faggots are going to start explaining why World War 2 wasn't justified and the Nazis did nothing wrong.
>>
>>29265105

whats the deal with world war 1 anyway? i always hear it was started for total bullshit reasons. if that's true then the massive loss of life is horrifying and depressing
>>
>>29266222
WW1 was basically a meme war that could've been prevented if the leaders weren't fucking crazy, it was a waste of 17 million innocent lives.
>>
All war makes soldiers crazy. PTSD is real and debilitating.
>>
>>29265136
not him but i think what he meant was that it was justified in the sense that the nazis were invading and people were drafted off to war to defend their country, basically, and in that regard it was necessary
>>
>>29267209
>PTSD is real and debilitating.

Tumblr pls go

>Muh triggers
>>
It makes me confused and angry
I don't think I can empathize enough to be sad
>>
I'm only sad that I never got to kill brown people and die doing it
>>
File: 1439358536242.jpg (27 KB, 481x321) Image search: [Google]
1439358536242.jpg
27 KB, 481x321
>>29267253
A quarter of veterans have some sort of mental illness.

>25%

What the FUCK?!

They make WWII out like it was glorious or something. War is shit and it will always be shit. It's astounding that a government can make a group of 320M people "at war" with some shithole in another continent. It's a terrible institution that costs an enormous amount of money and the well being of many young men - other people's sons and husbands.

Imagine:
>We spent $100 billion dollars bringing retributive justice to the people responsible for 9/11, but we're returning home. Hold your loved ones because there are some dark people out there. We will not let them infringe on our freedom.
>>
>>29266222

Everybody was pissed at everybody else following the fall of the ottoman empire. Borders and political control were in flux all over the place. Eventually a lot of different conflicts all jammed together and the whole world went mad.

Also, re; WWII, i prefer to think of the European/Soviet part of that as simply part two of WWI. ie, 'yeah but that treaty was shit and you're shit and fuck you'. etc. I think WWII would have happened regardless of Hitler. It would have happened in a different way of course, but still it would have happened and would have involved mostly the same countries.
>>
>>29267742

WWII is popular because the nazis make a nice neat scapegoat for everything that went wrong. I do find it interesting that Stalin's atrocities are, if not forgotten, largely overshadowed by Hitler's in the eyes of the general population's understanding of history.
>>
One time my cousin got drunk and told me about being a door gunner in nam. Fuck, man. Then he finished by describing how protesters booed at him when he got off the plane home.

>>29267209

One of my friends is a vet. He's not where normies his age are, but he's a cool dude. Showed me how to aim a rifle. He only talked about war stuff once when he was drunk.
I guess the moral is get vets drunk if you want macabre war stories.

>>29267742

Can't find the article, but reading an interview with a WWII vet about his ptsd that was never addressed was sad. He saw his friend step on a mine and almost got hit with the leg. He talked about it like it happened a few years ago.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.