[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wageslave Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: WHY.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
How do you wageslaves do it? HOW!
Today was my first day helping out some guys get this shithole house livable for Section 8 poor people to live in.
It was a terrible day. I'm very achy, feels like I got beat up. Have to drive 30min to get there and get up early too.
I get paid $12 an hour under the table but I don't think I can do this...I feel even more depressed than before. I just want to be a NEET again.

Do I text my "boss" and quit right now?
Fuck I need money, though. AHHHHHHHH~

So how was your day, fellow wageslaves?
>>
Please talk to me...
I'm just being a bitch, aren't I?
>>
You are, I just started a manual labor job also, it gets better after a week
>>
>>29264940
I've been told this a few times. Why would it get better. Don't you just want to quit? What do you even do?
>>
I work as a calibration technician. Only have that job because I fucked up my life and ended up joining military.

I wake up around 6, head in to work by 7:30 to sit in an air-conditioned, humidity controlled lab, and work on equipment until 5pm. Usually eat at my desk and play music while I work. Only work mon-fri. Make $26.30 an hour
>>
>>29265479
You make good money, well, to me you do.
How do you do it, though. Working close to 10 hour days?
I guess I just don't like this much physical labor. I feel like shit right now. I want NEET life back
>>
>>29265635
My way is music. I have my various anime openings, electronic remixes and such. Pop in headphones and mindlessly do the job.

When you start focusing on the job or the time, it drags on.

It may seem silly to coworkers, but every few hours, do some stretches. When you get home after doing a lot of hard work, don't immediately lie or sit down. Take a warm shower and stretch out all your muscles.

Another good thing is throw a banana into your daily breakfast. Even if it is the only thing you eat in the morning, get it down before you work.
>>
File: NNNEEET.jpg (41 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
NNNEEET.jpg
41 KB, 409x409
>>29264820

>tfw you'll have to work someday

Every time it hits me I become even more depressed. What a joke
>>
>>29265730
Jesus man it's shit for people like us. Im honestly thinking about killing myself.
I just want to live in a comfy home taking care of my dogs and cleaning up the home/doing yard work to make everything nice and tidy.
>>
>>29264820
I get paid $12 an hour over the table to break shit, pour concrete and bore holes in the earth in triple-digit weather for ten hours. It passes time, at least.
>>
File: Window.jpg (872 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Window.jpg
872 KB, 3072x2304
>>29265772

I keep thinking I can somehow make an online business work. Tried looking into CPA/SEO/blogging but it appears temperamental. Thousands of people try to make it online but only a scant few will suceed. It's just another fantasy to think about to save your mind from the horrors of labor.
>>
>>29265834
thats basically what I'm doing, except we're in a hot shitty house.
How do you fucking do it!?!??!?!!
>>
You think that's bad lol? I make $9/hr and I work outside in the heat in fucking Florida.
>>
Your body adjusts to it after a week or two. I've done worse shit for $10 an hour before. Got a cushy technical support job now though. It pays $17.30 an hour, and 90% of the time I'm sitting at a computer.
>>
>>29265890
that is pretty shitty. sorry to hear that anon.

I just am way off my normal sleep schedule and I've been up since 6:20am and it's 9:40pm now...
Fuuuck I hate anxiety so much. If I have a panic attack tonight I'm quitting.
>>
>>29265890

Literal peasant
>>
OP here. Decided to quit tomorrow. Not sure if I should even go in and try or just call and say I'm done.
>>
>>29266849
Just keep going you bitch

Your body gets used to doing labor
>>
File: 1465854984120.png (316 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465854984120.png
316 KB, 640x480
join the army and kill for it, or suck it up civy.
>>
File: 1463935592126.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1463935592126.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
>>29266849

>tfw I went from a neet to working in construction and did it for 2 years. You need ~2 weeks to get used to a routine and it'll be easy senpai
>>
File: 1457582400306.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1457582400306.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
>>29264820
Working part time while I'm in college and it sucks ass. The job is easy I just hate knowing I have to work and can't spend my time however I want all the time. After school I plan to quit and move back in with mommy so it's all good though. From there if I end up having to work ever again I'll probably just off myself.
>>
I don't know at what point we, collectively as a human race, decided that devoting life to work to the point of sleep deprivation and mental breakdowns was a good idea.
>>
Dude, there's no goddamn choice. We must do it. Not only that, but there are at least a hundred people in line willing to do your job.

Fuck. That's the literal truth of it
>>
File: 1465839156502.png (150 KB, 496x446) Image search: [Google]
1465839156502.png
150 KB, 496x446
Don't quit, fag. At least try it for a week. manual labor guys are chill, they'll make sure you're ok.
>>29266849
>>
>>29264820
Why don't you just start a company in an untapped market?

You can create your own hours.
>>
>>29266849
Dude it sucks because your body hasn't adjusted yet. Give it a week and it won't be as hard, you will ache less and time will go by faster. Eat plenty of food and drink lots of water, you will feel better.

Just finish the job and look for something more cushy in an office or something for your next job. Construction work isn't fun over a lifetime, only for a few months at a time
>>
>>29267546
What a cuck mentality.
>affa a week massa's whippin don hurt too bad
If he doesn't want to wagecuck don't talk him into it.
>>
Dude 12$ off the books is equivalent to like 16$ an hr depending on the state. Your making a good wage
>>
>>29267581

t. skeleton manlet

try doing something besides pissing in your bottles and leaving your chair to take a shit
>>
>>29267513
>untapped market
example?
I'm pretty sure everything out there has been discovered and milked already..
>>
You gotta find the fun parts of work anon.
Keep a good attitude too.
Never say no, and always say absolutely if you're asked to do something. (It sounds like you're getting cucked, but get rid of that mentality.

Above all, befriend, or at least be on good terms with your co-workers.

Social-engineering is fun...
>>
>>29267776
>Never say no, and always say absolutely if you're asked to do something.
t. CEO
>>
File: 1365220674352s.jpg (6 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1365220674352s.jpg
6 KB, 208x249
>>29267694
I can't really give an example because as you said its been milled out.

But creating a small business with an innovative style that you like.
An example that if you like dogs, you can create a portable dog washing and grooming stations that passes through parks and high-middle class neighborhoods.

This is all i can come up with, I'm also a wage cuck $15 in a metropolitan city. But once i have money to build my small business i will.
>>
>>29264966
You get more used to the routine, waking up early gets easier, you become more knowledgable ,skilled and comfortable at your job. You get to know your coworkers and they become friends. It still sucks but the first few weeks always seem like hell. After that work is just annoying but do-able .
>>
>>29265856

just get a job you disgusting faggot
>>
>go to college
>earn ezpz cs degree
>find a government job
>chill for thirty years in your ez position, knowing normies are paying your wage
>maintain health, important
>retire happily at 53

That's how I get through the night, senpai. Only 29 years left.
>>
>>29267284

You telling me there are no requirements to be a construction worker?
>>
>makes $12 an hour under the table
>complains about it
Get your shit together dude, that's a sweet deal. You'll get used to working, eventually you won't be so sore.
>>
I used to wake up 4:30am and come home until 6:00 pm everyday to do a labor construction job,shit sucked big time but just think about the money
>>
>>29267175
I tried and they rejected me.
>>
>>29268071
You can't be the kind of person who loses his shit and shuts down when you face a tiny bit of adversity. Which most robots are
>>
>>29264820

I get paid $47hr with a 10 minute commute in my sports car yet I still find a way to be late every day because i just wanna kill myself. Fuck
>>
We give up on our hopes and dreams, settle for mediocrity, and hope for an amazing opportunity to present itself. There's a certain allure to a steady paycheck/being able to make enough to be independent. I'd rather be reading comics/playing vidya all day, but I can't make money doing that, and I have no other marketable skills I enjoy that I could make money at, either.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.