[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people who take photos of things when they're not on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: CMKMlprWwAEaXr0.png (303 KB, 600x521) Image search: [Google]
CMKMlprWwAEaXr0.png
303 KB, 600x521
>people who take photos of things when they're not on holiday

When did this become acceptable? Was it with facebook? Was it with camera phones?

I'm one of the last people I know who doesn't take photos of things. I went on vacation last year and took 70 photos and only realized after that I was only in 1 of them.

Why do people do this? What's wrong with just experiencing things, why do these bland trogs have to document everything?
>>
File: 1916934_148247940878_4601126_n.jpg (24 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1916934_148247940878_4601126_n.jpg
24 KB, 604x453
Because it's nice to remember things. But when it becomes more about creating the memory than actually experiencing it, then it's a problem. If I'm on holiday somewhere that I'll never be again, then you're goddamn right I'll take pictures.

Picture related. It was a very unremarkable moment, but it's captured forever. This was back in 2009 so people weren't so obsessed with their smartphones. Instead, everyone's intently watching the chess game. I don't know, it gave me feels.
>>
>>29264855
>checked

but why would you take photos outside of holiday

like people have dozens of photos of them with their friend in mundane places like the coffeshop or a football game or the beach

WHY DOES THIS NEED TO BE DOCUMENTED
>>
>>29264895
>dfw deleted my dubs because forgot to post picture
There's plenty of special occasions outside of a holiday. Some people just like documenting their lives. Give a kid a disposable camera in the 1980s and they will happily snap everything they see. Same thing happens if you give a kid a smartphone in 2016. There's just something about it. I don't really take pictures myself, but I see why people do it.
>>
>>29264789
Digital dilution. Photographs cost money per photograph at one point - as such, people valued them and enjoyed the fact that they had any such documents of their lives.
Now, people still want that feeling of validation that personal photographs can give, but have no restraint. A physical photo album is something that had to be built with a little bit of care. Now it's "You added a beercan to the pile! I'll make the Snapchat this time!"
>>
>>29264789
>>29264889
>>29264895
>>29265108
>>29265191
>born in le wrong generation XD

not everyone is an old boring cunt like yourself
>>
>>29264789
Not everyone is privileged enough to have vacations.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.