[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that I can't feel any love or care for a person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1464280899269.png (47 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1464280899269.png
47 KB, 500x430
Why is it that I can't feel any love or care for a person? Anyone, even my parents... I didn't ask for this...
>>
because they don't love you back, I've seen through their fake smiles. Normies love putting on the mask.
>>
Sociopathic disorder. Or everyone is a douchebag.
>>
you're lucky OP
>>
>>29264519
The easiest thing to do is just pretend you do and in time feelings might start to develop. That is what happened with me.
>>
>>29264555
Took a pretty quick test, and it seems I've scored pretty high on it. What bothers me is what actually caused it.
>>
>>29264830
You're emotionally stunted. Did you have a good relationship with both your parents?
>>
>>29264844
Both of my parents divorced when I was in a pretty young age, around 5-6 perhaps? I don't really remember. The relationship... When we were together, it seemed alright, except the part when they argued and screamed at each other every time I went to sleep. I didn't have any relationship problems with my parents though. It's that that when they divorced, that might have been the downhill from there. Lived with my mom, didn't talk all that much, she worked all day, I was with myself most of the time.
>>
>>29264920
Yeah that would be a big factor. Do you have an older brother that filled in for your father or just you and your mother?
>>
>>29264920
And dad, well, we talked. We still talked and I felt I was more related to him than my mom. After his death though, I questioned myself, "Why is it that you didn't cry all that much. Why is it you didn't feel all that much?".
>>
>>29264977
No, I was a single son for the majority of my life. Now, I have a stepsister. She's pretty young though, and I don't really care all that much about her to be honest.
>>
>>29264978
Well that's also a defense mechanism. Do you have any disorders such as BPD or dissociative identity. Also it's been studied that children of single parents (mostly mothers) have a tendency to develop disorders
>>
>>29265039
Not that I checked. However, I could say that my emotions are somewhat unstable. I could be calm, but then hit by guilt, but it's always activated by something, mostly recent stuff. I could be angry, but calm down fairly quickly. Maybe I should seek some help in this matter...
>>
>>29265125
I would see someone about it if not just to talk to them. I don't think it's likely you're a psychopath since you seem to know there's something wrong, but you definitely have some sort of emotional disorder
>>
File: 1322781232235.jpg (66 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1322781232235.jpg
66 KB, 600x772
>>29264519

Get used to it. You have a social disorder and it doesn't get better. The only thing you can do is learn to cope and imitate normies. No one will understand you. No one will love you.
>>
>>29265161
Thank you for talking to me mate, it did indeed help.
>>
The fact that you have some sort of guilt over this means you're not completely apathetic. I feel like you're just subconciously fooling yourself that you don't care about anyone.
>>
>>29265354
Perhaps, years back I used to force myself not to care about a lot of stuff, mostly my past.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.