[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots overestimate themselves.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: 3QxdENR.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3QxdENR.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
There are so many threads in which robots will rate their intelligence as above-average or will brag about how high their iq is. If you are so smart then what are you doing wasting your time on 4chan? Don't give me the "I'm smart but I'm just unmotivated" bullshit. There is no difference between a stupid person and an unmotivated smart one.
>>
File: 1464969150571.png (30 KB, 256x264) Image search: [Google]
1464969150571.png
30 KB, 256x264
That's just shitposting and you fell for it.

Orinaelagio.
>>
File: yama-fu-tang-3500335.jpg (78 KB, 800x1145) Image search: [Google]
yama-fu-tang-3500335.jpg
78 KB, 800x1145
>>29264090
>There is no difference between a stupid person and an unmotivated smart one.

What if I told you... that stupid people can be hard-working?

Also "above average" is a very relative thing. Just finishing high school is enough to be "above the average" of your country.
>>
File: TopSmug.png (696 KB, 673x771) Image search: [Google]
TopSmug.png
696 KB, 673x771
But I do have a genius level IQ. I actually am successful. I just come on here to make fun of you all
>>
>>29264188
I don't believe that 'stupid people' who work hard are actually stupid. It's not like I'm qualified to be judging who is stupid or not in the first place but that's how I truly see it. I have so much respect for hard workers no matter who they are.

What I meant by "above average" is that the robots just think too highly of themselves and rate themselves above everyone else.
>>
>>29264155
>Haha it was merely shitposting you fell for the ruse once again
This is like Leafy saying his content is "satire". If you don't know who that is then here's another way of explaining it: If you keep saying it over and over with nothing to hint that it is satire, then it is not satire.
>>
>>29264090
>he thinks intelligence is a personal safety net that saves you from all problems ever
wew lad
>>
>>29264090
I never said I was intelligent myself.
My mom and the psychiatrist told me I was more clever than average.
>>
smart people don't need to be productive to be smart. Very smart people can be depressed or something, stemming from their above average intellect and blah blah blah
but the truth is that in this case at least it's a case of Dunning-Kruger effect
>>
>There is no difference between a stupid person and an unmotivated smart one
Found the dummy
>>
>>29264090
>that pic
Thanks for reminding me to finish Vol. 3. 60 pages left ~ I'm out of here. Enjoy 4chan's hell board.
>>
>>29264090
>it's a dumb normies think intelligence is universal magic because the only intelligent people they've seen have been in movies thread
>>
>>29264090
you have 3.5 minutes to explain what intelligence is

go
>>
>>29264090
>implying
I fully admit to being a lazy dumbass B student.
>>
https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/05/11/intelligence/

/r9k/ is normie in this aspect. The average person thinks they're smarter than the average person. The average person also thinks they are better at sex than the average person. The average person thinks that they can drive better than the average person.

It would appear that the average person thinks that they are better than the average person.

In this way, /r9k/ certainly mimics society.
>>
>>29264090
All I see are words, bla bla bla, also fuck you, OP.
>>
Can we make this an IQ thread?
>>
>>29265212
>The average person overestimates his abilities
>If you think you're above average you're actually average
>Therefore no one is above average
Normies are actually this stupid
>>
>>29265288

I don't think so. It's just that it's healthy to realize that you are more likely to overestimate your own abilities than to underestimate.

Whether or not you are smarter than someone else is relatively hard to judge.

I have had a student who was autistic that could solve trigonometric substitution integrals in his head, but could not have a regular conversation with anyone.

I've had a student who received a perfect score on the SAT, but he couldn't write a history essay to save his life.

Were both smarter than average? Probably. But I know kids and teachers who thought they were dumb or slow due to inability to communicate.
>>
>>29265288
No you dumbass, above average and exceptional exists, it's just very common human behavior to overestimate yourself. You could say it's average.
>>
>>29264090
I always scored really high on standardized tests, but recently I've started to think that they're not really a good measure of intelligence because I'm pretty stupid when it comes to my daily life.
>>
>>29265456
It's not common behavior to believe you're above average, it's nigh-universal, i.e. the set of people that believes themselves to be above average includes everyone. In which case it is absurd to use the fact that bots believe themselves to be above as evidence (let alone proof) that they aren't, as you've stated literally nothing other than bots are people.

>>29265444
>you are more likely to overestimate your own abilities than to underestimate
This is not a probabilistic question, you cockgobbling retard.

Stupid, incompetent, people consistently overestimate their ability, as they are too stupid to understand that they're stupid.

Above average people consistently UNDERestimate their ability, as they're befuddle that the average person is actually THAT stupid.

And fuck off with your "le multiple intelligences", faggot.
>>
File: 1459265215606.png (150 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
1459265215606.png
150 KB, 459x462
Psychiatrist told me I have 120 IQ, I did up to differential equations without studying and even tutored college level math while I was dependent on weed

After a while you start to see all of the patterns. You see people doing ridiculous things, you see what their priorities are, and eventually you go: "oh, I've seen this before." You hang out with druggies, and realize they're pathetic, then you see someone doing coke and see the blank gaze in their eyes, and you've seen it before.

You notice the peacocking, the subtle power plays, you just realize: these people aren't experiencing the world, they're experiencing their self

am I becoming a snob?
>>
>>29264334
In all seriousness, me too. I make about $100k/year fucking around and doing very little work (no, I didn't inherit anything), and I just like shitposting on r9k.
>>
>>29265944
not yet. you haven't admitted to sniffing your own farts, so you're still in the green
>>
>>29265829

I'm not claiming multiple intelligences. I'm saying that it's extremely difficult to judge how intelligent others are -- to the point where making an assertion one way or the other without ample proof is likely to be a mistake.

How do you judge whether you're smarter than someone or not? I have given examples that show mathematical ability, writing ability, and social ability are all not good judges of intelligence.

Clearly you think I'm not that smart. I got a perfect on my ACT, I graduated college with a degree in math when I was 20, and recently scored in the 95th percentile on my overall GRE. I'm intelligent by those measures, but clearly my writing needs work, or perhaps something else does -- I have not been able to seem intelligent to you.
>>
There's a thread every now and then about online IQ tests and standardized test scores, but (putting aside their questionable validity) both of these suffer from selection bias. In those sorts of threads, people typically only post if they have something good to show.

Contrast that with posts where the OP specifically mentions his own intelligence. In these sort of threads, I've found it far more likely that the OP will himself stupid than intelligent.
>>
>>29266086

*will call himself
>>
>>29264090
Well I actually do make 80k/year, I just like spending my freetime shitposting on 4chan.
>>
Wage slaves who brag about how much they make per years infuriate me. It's just like, I don't care how much you made from sucking your bovine masters dick 40 hours a week. Why do you consider that something to brag about? Kill yourselves.
>>
>>29267145
Ok what is a worthy thing to brag about, I could say I have a 125 IQ but that isn't even that high of an IQ and I don't wanna be that fucking shithead who posts his IQ and looks down upon others. I really don't have any possessions to be proud of because I'm a cheapstake that's so fucking cheap that kikes think I'm cheap.
>>
>>29265288
>>29265829
>>29265944
>>29265067

Found the geniusbots
>>
File: 1459370952795.jpg (40 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1459370952795.jpg
40 KB, 657x527
>>29264090
>There is no difference between a stupid person and an unmotivated smart one

DYNAMIC

ENTRRRYYYYYY

I originally typed out a longer, proper response but this is better
>>
File: bbbased.gif (979 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
bbbased.gif
979 KB, 450x253
>tfw actually stupid
WALK AROUND IN MY AUTISM STARTER PACK
FUCK AROUND AND END UP IN IT MAKIN STACKS
FUCK AROUND FLIP ALL THE CASH AND MAKE IT BACK
FUCK A POUND I GOT BRICKS TO FILL UP THE RACK
>>
File: some gai laughing.png (373 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
some gai laughing.png
373 KB, 1000x666
>>29267552
that's a strong motherfucking argument
>>
>>29264155
ironic shitposting is stiII shitposting.
>>
I'm an unmotivated stupid person.
>>
>>29267213
A worthy thing to brag about? Bragging is pathetic.
>>
File: 1461667280900.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461667280900.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>29267552
I love you. You have saved yet another thread might guy sensei.
>>
I like to feel superior than all you beta fags.
>>
>>29267786
Fair enough

Oregano Commentaro
>>
File: al the blob.jpg (15 KB, 281x360) Image search: [Google]
al the blob.jpg
15 KB, 281x360
>>29267891
>to feel superior than
yeah you're superior
lmfao
>>
File: calling bull shit.jpg (142 KB, 351x390) Image search: [Google]
calling bull shit.jpg
142 KB, 351x390
>>29265944
>while I was dependent on weed
>>
>>29267891
nice English you fuckin retard
>>
>>29264090
you're a dumbass
some of us are here because we know we are genetic trash
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.