[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: ye.png (110 KB, 1103x649) Image search: [Google]
ye.png
110 KB, 1103x649
Can anyone shed some light about this definition of r9k made in March 2008? Is it true robots were once respectable gentlemen? What was this board like back in 2008? How much has it changed?
>>
>>29263647
It's true, we used to call each other gentlemen rather than robots. The prevailing image was supposed to be /b/, but overly verbose. In practice, it was /b/ with 18 - 20 year olds rather than 14 - 16 year olds.. At some point, people started using /r9k/ for advice and it got flooded with relationshit, prompting moot to make /adv/. Then he shut /r9k/ down, and it came back (as ROBOT 9001), and after some growing pains, gentlemen became robots (i.e. assburgers and NEETs)
>>
File: 1460016159493.jpg (74 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1460016159493.jpg
74 KB, 599x563
>>29263647
I've been here since the beginning and this description is true. /r9k/ wasn't always a board full of manchildren whining about women and spouting memes. It was just a board with no theme where anybody would talk about anything. It slowly devolved more and more into being about relationships and the quality declined, which is why Moot deleted it. Later he brought it back, but by then the population of 4chan had increased a lot, and he advertised in red text the fact that he brought it back, which made a TON of newfags join, killing the community even further. The last nail in the coffin was when Smug Pepe became popular. The board has been completely shit since then and will never recover.
>>
>>29263647
aaahhhh the good ol' days
>>
>>29263647

It's changed alot.
>>
>>29263750
>>29263758
Man to me the worst part was the constant cam whoring shit instead of the relationship stuff, which prompted moot to make /soc/ but fuck man that was so annoying.
>>
>>29263647
/r9k/ used to be good. that is all.
>>
>>29263750
/thread

Perfect firspost
The supreme gentleman smiles down on us all.
>>
>>29264046
Damn, I knew I forgot one of the phases. Anyone remember the song "I'll make a gent out of you"?
>>
Well then why not call each other gentlemen again? Cud elliot made it into a meme?

Im guessing all the.khv and neets think themselves as gentlemen anyways.
>>
File: Elrond11.jpg (34 KB, 325x492) Image search: [Google]
Elrond11.jpg
34 KB, 325x492
>>29264308

Many in the past have tried to restore the old days of this board... and all have failed.
>>
>r9k will never go back to its roots
>r9k will be forever tainted with edgy newfags that worship mass shooters, hate ""''normalfags""" and females

this place used to be a chill board with a lot of greentexts.
>>
File: 1465848447415.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1465848447415.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>>29264916

These are my dark ages of r9k my friend, the age of enlightenment is yet to come
>>
>>29265275
How do we usher it in?
>>
Nobody was here when /r9k/ first started. All the oldfags left.
>>
>>29263758
I was here in 2008, the virgin thing is not new lol.
>>
>>29265309
By removing the board again. It's just a shadow of itself, it's suffering, just end it now.
>>
>>29265309
By unlisting it.
>>
>>29263647
Fucking ancient poster here. When /r9k/ debuted it was just /b/ for people who thought they were too good for /b/. The same shit was posted as was on /b/, but with a smug sense of superiority. Thus the 'gentlemen' thing.

When m00tykins realized that incarnation of /r9k/ was just /b/ where you couldn't say the same thing twice, he deleted it. Then when that fat bitch who ran encyclopaedia dramatica killed off her website and m00t called her out on it, he realized he was being a hypocrite since he axed /r9k/ and /new/. He created /pol/ and reinstated /r9k/

Within a few days the difference was apparent; nu-/r9k/ was shaping up yo be a group therapy board where everyone bitched about depression and not having a gf. Took until roughly 2014 for nu-/r9k/ to really develop it's own culture though.

Basically, /r9k/ circa 2008 would be unrecognizable to you guys, and was total garbage. Like, /b/-tier kiddie garbage. It was BAD.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.