[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why dont you lift anon? >start lifting 1 month ago >bench
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14
Why dont you lift anon?
>start lifting 1 month ago
>bench 66 lbs
>fast forward 1 month (today)
>bench 88 lbs
>feelsgoodman
THERE IS NO GREATER FEELING THAN THIS..
LIFTING IS SOO DAMN EASY..
I DONT HAVE TO CARE MUCH ABOUT WHAT I EAT..
Seriously.. what the fuck are you waiting for?
>>
I don't partake in homosexual activities.
>>
>>29262450
mind if i ask a few questions.

>did you go to a gym?
>what regimen did you follow
>how did you follow said regimen
>what do you eat throughout the day?
>how many times a week did you exercise?
>>
>>29262465
>"lifting is gay thats why i dont lift xxdxd"
you're never gonna make it
>>
what an ugly body shape. his body looks like a fucking square
>>
>>29262450
I could improve my upper body (chest, arms, shoulders). But gymculture puts me off. Might
give it a try again in the future but at home.
>>
>>29262450
>88
I really hope you don't mean one rep of that.
I did 17 reps of 90 today for highschool (senior) fitness testing.
>>
>>29262503
>yes
>well i train with my brother so i just do what he says
>after the first few weeks it just becomes a part of you're daily routine
>i just make sure to get around 2500+ calories (i dont eat unhealthy)
>5 days a week (1.5 - 2 hours a day. Might seem like much but i have a lot of free time untill school starts again and i dont mind)
>>
>>29262514
There are other non-gay forms of physical training.
>>
>>29262548
It's possible to go to the gym while mostly ignoring the annoying culture. The only time you really have to interact with other people is asking for a spot.
Otherwise just wear headphones and everyone will ignore you unless it's a really shitty gym.
>>
>66lb
How the fug do you add 21 pounds to a bar? You have half pound weights?
>>
>>29262450
>50 weeks
That a lot of effort for just to come from 3 to 4/10
>>
>>29262596
OP's weights use commie units
>>
>>29262572
4 reps.
are you saying thats its bad upping my bench lift 22 lbs in a month?
>I did 17 reps of 90 today for highschool (senior) fitness testing.
you're saying that as if i should be impressed?
>>
>>29262532
dude has an 8 pack. I'd bet my first born son that no bitch is turning him down because "his body looks like a square". try harder you obese fuck
>>
Lol what the fuck I didn't know people were this weak,

When I first started lifting I could bench 130 pounds and yes I'm white
>>
>>29262622
22 pounds in a month is slow progress OP. Good on you for lifting, but if you're working out 5 days a week you should be able to increase weight much faster than that.
>>
>>29262596
I live in Denmark.. We use Kilograms. I lifted 30kg to start with and 40kg the next month.
>29262548
Just find the right gym.. Theres mostly DYELS and old people at my gym and noone bothers eachother.
Headset = people will leave you alone
>>
>>29262622
didn't mean to sound condescending sorry.
I was just surprised at that low amount but your right its a pretty good improvement, I cut half a minute off my 1k run time and I had to run in fucking jeans today, keep it up man.
>>
>>29262668
You are in no position to be calling people dyel if you can only bench 40kg

As a dyel I could bench 60kg for 2 reps
>>
>>29262698
So i should say "there are mostly people who have not been lifting for that long" instead of "DYELS" like everyone calls it?
>>
File: 1453665112346.jpg (77 KB, 592x794) Image search: [Google]
1453665112346.jpg
77 KB, 592x794
>>29262622
no he's saying that as in you should be ashamed. How much do you weigh because you should be benching at least that.

>bench 88 lbs
>LIFTING IS SOO DAMN EASY

I wonder why lmao
>>
>>29262450
That's fast progress. Everyone should at least start to weight lift like that and get some muscle mass. Lots of people just have zero muscle. That's unhealthy. Many people see the fastest gains when they start too, and even just that is already really good for you. (Some people can also have a rough start too I guess if their body really isn't used to it...)

C'mon robots, It's easy! The weights go up and down. DO IT NAO.
>>
>>29262713
Gotta love all those fatties hating on muh gains
>>
>>29262664
You think that 33% increase in weight benched in a month is not enough?
The guy is a fucking skeleton. What the hell kind of gains are you expecting him to make?
You should just be glad he didn't kill himself with just the bar.
>>
>>29262450
that guy has good genetics, even if i lift i will still be small ugly man
>>
File: 8788.jpg (158 KB, 992x1600) Image search: [Google]
8788.jpg
158 KB, 992x1600
>>29262450
>THERE IS NO GREATER FEELING THAN THIS..
kek
running is a greater feeling

we are the smartest animals
and of all of the the greatest distance runners

not even antelope, horses, or sled dogs can beat us

put down the insecurity bars and do what you were born for

pic unrelated
>>
>>29262622
>you're saying that as if i should be impressed?
>can't even do nearly as much as that
17x90 > 88x4, are we supposed to be impressed with you?
>>
>>29262763
>try to inspire robots to lift
>get roasted by fatties
damn 4chin is silly today
>>
>>29262756
I did running. But it depletes your mitochrondia my man.
>>
>>29262573
could you give me a run down of what he does? I want to craft something to go from skinny to money. y'know what i'm sayin
>>
>>29262756
Lifting has more practical appliance.
I'd rather be able to stay and fight then have to run like a coward.
>>
>>29262636

not even obese. id rather keep my V shaped upper body and be a fucking square
>>
>>29262450
>88lbs
Do you possess a vagina?
>>
>>29262572
I do 160 for 10 and I'm a skinny fucking faggot
>>
>>29262849
Theres plenty of guides on the interwebs. They might seem complicated but its easy once you get into the routine.
>>
>>29262882
Pretty nice hopefully I'll be up there sometime in the future.
Like i said, its highschool bullshit and I'm just in a rec class, I'm far from jacked.
I have no idea how many I could do on 160, never tried that much.
>>
File: 1465258977449.png (507 KB, 581x486) Image search: [Google]
1465258977449.png
507 KB, 581x486
>tfw finally bench 225lbs natty

feels good mane
>>
I went to the gym once and it was awful. I had no idea what to do and was too anxious to go to the lifting area. When I finally mustered up the courage to ask the trainer for help and tips, he just told me to do cardio and I knew it would be too awkward to tell him I want to lift not do fucking cardio. So I just fucked off and went home. That was 2 months ago, haven't been since.
>>
>>29262742
>lifts for one month
>makes pathetic noobgains on babbyweight
>calls lifting easy
you're not even really lifting until you're past 1pl8. you can't even injure yourself with that sort of weight. i mean you could literally fail a rep and just let the bar sit on your chest because you're only "lifting" the equivalent of a small child.

anyways OP enjoy pussying out in another month or so when all of a sudden the bar starts to feel actually heavy and it starts taking actual effort to make progress. i'm sure your gym will mourn the loss of a fitness PRODIGY who was able to lift 88 WHOLE pounds after only a month of training.
>>
>skinny twink-looking motherfucker
>have thought about going to the gym, but fuck that
>still pull plenty of qt hipster girls.

Gymrats fucking disgust me.
>>
>>29262450
I'm a 32 year old wizard and I just started lifting.

Maybe I'll look tolerable by the time I'm 40.

My bench started at 95 and now I'm at 135 after close to a month. Don't let the strongchads discourage you OP they probably aren't even actual robots or virgins.
>>
>>29262904
alright man thanks.

i'm a bit of an impediment to my own success by debating what to do.
>>
>>29262949
You can look good in 6 months mayne.
I just turned 19 and im not sure how much im supposed to be benching if im a complete noob (havent done sports for years)
>>
File: Actual Lifter.jpg (862 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Actual Lifter.jpg
862 KB, 2048x1152
>>29262732
Nah bruv i actually lift.
>>
>>29262858
>not knowing you can start running away from a fight then sprint back using all of your momentum to lead into a super punch
>>
>>29262949
People wouldn't be discouraging OP if he wasn't trivializing the entire hobby based on minimal progress made on amateur weights. Pretty sure most people who are heavily invested in anything would get annoyed at a complete novice calling what they do "easy" and implying that they will master it effortlessly after spending only a month training it.
>>
>>29262929
if you werent retarded and actually wanted to reach your goal you would have bought a home gym and got all the information you needed online instead of via a chad that has no idea whats hes talking about
>>
>>29262450
>THERE IS NO GREATER FEELING THAN THIS..
fit pls
>>
>>29263021
merlin
>>
>>29262929
Man I can't afford a home gym. I looked that shit up, it's not for my poorfag budget. I did read the /fit/ sticky and all, but still I felt like I needed someone to show me the ropes. It's one thing to read about it on the internet and another to actually try and do the excercises.
>>
>>29263157
Obviously this was meant for >>29263071
>>
>>29263157
My dad who I have given the silent treatment too that I hate still managed to buy me the home gym. It's not a lot at all on craigslist. You don't need to be "shown the ropes" not to be an asshole but stop being fucking stupid about it. Youtube, google, the whole internet filled with information is at your disposal yet you shitpost on /r9k/ whining about it. You will feel so much better when you lift because how it affects hormones in your body. It's one of the best things I've done in my life.
>>
Is there any way to lift w/o equipment or a gym if you are NEET ?
>>
>>29263157
Criminals can get ripped with few equipment. It seems possible, no?
>>
>>29263157
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c
You could build your own? Cheap and looks fun.
>>
>>29263202
This

Oreguregerogerigegege
>>
>>29262858
>being peasant enough to have actual physical altercations in one's life
>>
>>29263202
convict conditioning would probably work for a NEET
our rooms are basicaly prison cells anyway
>>
File: dxoIXRp.jpg (288 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
dxoIXRp.jpg
288 KB, 1200x900
>>29262450

/fit/izen here:

Your diet is literally half the results you will see from lifting op. You will literally work so hard just to stay fat and weak if you dont take proper nutrition seriously. If your max bench is only 88lbs it sounds like you have pretty shit genetics to begin with, so even more reason to eat properly.

>been lifting for 5 years
>6'4
>208lbs
>12% bodyfat

Bench:

Deadlift:

Squat:

>pic related, das you
>>
File: 1427685998999.jpg (5 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1427685998999.jpg
5 KB, 234x215
>>29263295
>hes a pacifist
lmao.
>>
>>29263308

Lifting is mostly genetics. OP will probably never have a great bench.
>>
>>29263329
>Lifting is mostly genetics.

t. gave up on day 1
>>
>>29263308
This here is my main problem. I eat it all goes to my stomach and nowhere else. I am afraid to bulk
>>
>>29262450
I've only got dumbbells and I've been lifting on and off for little over two years (but seriously the past ~9 months) and have little progress. It's bitterly disappointing to put in so much effort and get next to nothing in return.

So I've dialed it back for now and basically maintain. I'm quite slim and have a good v shape and all but not a lot of muscle mass. Not like I want a huge figure, which is all the more disappointing. So many people do roids and get huge easily.
>>
>>29263344

t. didn't read a single study on weight training in his entire life

>MUH HARD WORK

https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics
>>
because deformed spine (hunchback)
I do some swimming but never gained any muscle from it

so yes, lifting is genetic, because I was born with a condition that won't let me lift
>>
>>29263384
>implying bodybuilding is equivilent to getting off your ass and doing a bit of MUH HARD WORK to actually just get in average shape.
>>
>>29263103
What are you trying to say by this?
>>
>>29263344
Body building is all genetics but "genetics" doesnt only imply how fast you can build muscle. You can have good genetics for body building even if you cant put on size really easily.

>shoulder to waist ratio
>muscle peaks and hardness
>ab development
>having a nice ass
>>
>>29263328
no, i think it's right to fight sometimes
just also that if you find yourself throwing punches at someone, that is conclusive evidence that your life is shit
i don't prepare to fight people because i maintain a decent standard of living
>>
>>29263405

If you bothered to read it you'd see numerous citations.

Some people are utterly FUCKED in the genetics department and will get little out of strength training. This isn't arguable. /fit/izens will never admit how important genetics are to lifting.

>The Hubal study isn't the only study showing these types of results. Petrella showed that 16 weeks of progressive dynamic exercise involving 66 human subjects failed to yield any measurable hypertrophy in 26% of subjects. Wow, sucks to be them!

/fit/fags irrecoverably, undeniably, incontrovertibly BTFO
>>
>>29263308
sooo 22lbs increase in a month is bad?
>>
What are the god-tier ab exercises, fitrobots? I've got decent muscle mass everywhere except the abs, especially the lower 4 abs. I'm quite lean but not cut as fuck.
>>
>>29263353
You don't have enough developed muscle yet to do a proper bulk and in order to do a savage bulk you will be fat near the end of it.

Some people can't do the standard bulking and cutting routine. Especially for a new lifter, dont even think of cutting if your goal is to build muscle. Eat a protein rich diet, eat a generous amount of carbs and healthy fats. Lift your heart out and you will grow. After about 4-6 months do a SLOW cut by cutting about 200-400 cals from your diet and lose fat slowly while maintaining muscle mass.

Most retards on /fit/ will be new to lifting and put on a little bit of size then decide after a couple months that it would be a good idea to do a cut by heavily restricting calories. This results in them loosing all their gains along with a little bit of fat and they look like they havent touched a dumbbell in their lives. They then repeat the entire thing.

Dont be a jimmy no gains.
>>
>>29263473
I may depressingly be one of those people. I never get big I can eat and work out and sure I will get hard looking and lean but never get big or noticeably muscley. You can't even really see any muscles on my body. It was really hard to keep motivation to be /fit/ due to this. Maybe I was doing something wrong but in the end you're denying yourself all sorts of pleasures just to not have a bit of chub and be lean but doesn't matter because you never take off your shirt or have sex so?? Eventually I gave up and went back into sedentary mode
>>
>>29263483
No. your starting strength is that of a Ukrainian woman.

Unless you actually arent trying.
>>
File: 1463200238309.jpg (323 KB, 1280x859) Image search: [Google]
1463200238309.jpg
323 KB, 1280x859
>>29262858

>he thinks lifting means he can fight
>>
>>29263581
Thanks for the reply, will try it, my first time I fucked up clearly lmao
>>
>>29263581
So do I just have to live with my belly for some more months if I recently started lifting?
>>
i don't even lift and i'm pretty sure i could bench well over 150lbs. are you a small girl or perhaps a midget? do you have low test?
>>
>>29263636

Well you can get leaner if you want but you wont put on muscle as fast. Do a standard lifting routine and threw in about 10 minutes of cardio at the end, .

When I first started lifting i did that and my weight stayed the same but I was just getting leaner, which is really good sign if your goal is just to aesthetic. After years of lifting I cant get away with that anymore, in order for me to get bigger I have to look like a fat powerlifting guy for 6 months of the year then get lean in time for summer.
>>
>>29263473
Exactly. My squat stayed at 155 for YEARS so I know genetics has a hand in this.

I'm male, my body frame is tiny, and I'm short. My hands are tiny and smaller than 90% of women's hands. I'm a wristlet as well.

Genetics matters because bone size matters and skeletal muscle is obviously influenced by that. It's just simple logic. You should lift but at least realize certain things are going to be out of your control. Kinda like everything else in life.
>>
>>29263733
>wristlet
What does it matter with lifting? Being serious. I've never heard of wrist size being a factor.
>>
>>29263622
This 100%. Anyone with experience fighting that is a normal healthy weight can knock a lifter on their ass if they don't know how to fight
>>
>>29263733
i'm also a small-framed manlet. My squat is shit. I'm nearly at 1pl8 OHP though, which is a plus, but it took me nearly 18months to get there. ust braggin a bit because it has taken a shitlaod of hard work and dedication to get near that milestone.
>>
>>29263522
leg raises
planks
ab wheel
deads/squats
>>
>>29263733
>wristlet
Does this have some effect on lifting because I think it does! Can you take your middle finger and thumb, and circle your wrist? because I can. Also, I know that lifting wall you speak of
>>
>>29263622
I mean, hes almost right. Lifting for functional strength can greatly improve your odds of winning a fight. If you can deadlift 300lbs you can slam faggots on the ground and having a strong back, chest and shoulders gives you a strong punch. Obviously if you've never been in a fight none of that will help you but if you have an aggressive personality then being stonger than your opponent can be the different between you winning or not.
>>
>>29263776
DL and Squat are good for abs? I've always been doing those. I understand abs are for balance but I never feel my abs working as such (as in, ever being sore) And planks hardly work my abs. Used to do forearm planks.

I'll try some other ab exercises and see how it goes.
>>
>>29263803
>different between you winning or not.

you talking street fighting? if it's a street fight the only difference tha tmatters is which person is willing ot do to a human being what the other person will not.
>>
>>29263861
Uh, what do you mean by this?
>>
File: 315152362.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
315152362.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
How do you get over anxiety of going to the gym? I wanna get stronger and stop being a small skinny guy but I'm afraid of getting looks from all the chads.
>>
>>29263861
Ive been in a considerable amount of bar/street fights in my life. Im not an asshole by any means but Im 6'4 and muscular so people, manlets especially start shit with me to try and prove a point. I've never taken any fighting classes but use the heavy bags at my gym to practice boxing routines because its great cardio. I can honestly say ive only ever lost 2 fights out of the dozens iv been in throughout my life and either the result of a sucker punch or me being way to drunk to fight,

People usually dont attack you like a feral dog in a street fights. No one is going to be gouging your eyes out or kicking you in the balls, its just goes against our sportsmanship nature. Unless youre in a life or death situation only psychotic aspies will fight dirty. I mean, one time a guy threatened to pull a knife on me and when I got him to the ground I kicked him in the head several times but thats an example of a life threatening situation.
>>
>>29263891
the person most willing to inflict maximum inhumane violence asap will win. If you are not willing to put a guy in the hospital you will eventually meet a guy who really isn't bothered if you end up there.
>>
>>29263969
Eat more and start doing push ups etc. at home for 1-2 months, it won't make you /fit/ but you won't look like an autistic sperg either.
>>
My high school provided us a trainer for people who did sports. A teammate and I followed the trainer around a few times a week for a semester to guide us. He was a tubbier, wider guy while I was a skeltal. His bench went from 75 to 180 in the 5 months while mine went from 85 to 130. I just remembered that to be really frustrating. Nowadays, I still run a lot, but don't lift except whenever I'm curious what my maxes are. My bench is still 130
>>
>>29263969

I can relate with you anon, seriously. Im the anon that keeps giving out lifting advice in this thread and a few years ago the only thing stopping me from going to the gym was anxiety.

I can't say exactly what made me do it but I told myself, "il buy a one week membership and if i feel uncomfortable il leave"

Listen to me seriously though right now, no one at the gym is going to criticizing you for being small or fat. If anything everyone is very supportive towards people trying to improve their physique. I used to think the chads would make fun of me or talk about me but in all reality, they dont give a shit and just want to workout and leave. If anything, they will be proud of you and hope you stick with it. Also, when, not if but when you go to the gym you will realize its mostly just normal people and guaranteed you will see people smaller and weaker than you but dont be an asshole about it.

Just go anon, go to your nearest gym and sign up. You will fall in love with it i promise and the anxiety will literally disappear as soon as you work through the doors.
>>
>>29263833
You use abs in those exercises a good amount ye

you literally need good ab strength to support heavy squats
>>
File: 1461266518280.jpg (250 KB, 1200x1693) Image search: [Google]
1461266518280.jpg
250 KB, 1200x1693
>60
>88
what are you? 12?
Anyone above 18 should be able to bench at least 110 without having worked out before.
>>
>>29262743

Lift for the non superficial appearance reasons. Lift for yourself. Fuck the world.
>>
>>29263473
>16 weeks

Holy shit, a whole 16 weeks. Well that's almost nearly half a year. Also if there was no hypertrophy in 26% of people there was hypertrophy in 74% of subjects
>>
>>29262933
I completely agree. You gave me a good kek there. cheers lad
>>
File: tfw.jpg (86 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
86 KB, 800x670
>>29264203
>16 weeks. Well that's almost nearly half a year.
>>
I out of here robots, going to the gym before it closes. If this thread dies il be making a robot lifting general when i return
>>
>>29263999
>be in street fight
>>behave yourself
>best case you knock some faggot out
>worst case you get knocked out

>be in streetfight
>decide to go for gold and inflict as much inhumane violence as possible
>people, ven strangers get involved after noticing the first "inhumane" act
>get stomped to death for trying to poke somebodies eye out

Headbutting is about as inhumanely violent as streetfights get before literally everybody around will be obligated to step in.
>>
>>29263987

This.

I was the big fat kid in highschool, so the jocks liked to make fun of me to prove a point. Maybe it was because I didn't want to play football; I don't know. They would always try to make me fight, but I honestly didn't care about them. One day, they forced it on me. What they didn't know is that I spent a lot of time on the bag in my tech class. A lot of time. I had a lot of stress, and that bag was my outlet. He tried to push me around thinking he had the upper hand, but as soon as he actually swung at me, I broke his nose, and put him on the floor with his wrist/hand in a goose neck. I failed to mention that I was in tech for police training, which means I was proficient in take downs.

Point is, lifting weights =/= fighting ability
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 500x499
>>29264335
Legitimately cool.
>>
>>29264335
Pssh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>29262450
At present, I find myself saving money in order to move out. I'm 27, it's high time I fuck off and get my own place.

As such, I can't afford weights or a gym membership. I'll stick to isometrics for now until I'm in a better financial situation that allows me to buy weights and/or a gym membership

Good for you though, OP. Keep it up.
>>
File: 1421259137122.gif (2 MB, 249x211) Image search: [Google]
1421259137122.gif
2 MB, 249x211
>>29262450

>66 to 88 lbs
>proud of this

my suggestion

good on you, keep it up
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.