[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
job feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: me-at-my-job.jpg (10 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
me-at-my-job.jpg
10 KB, 250x229
Anyone feels lonely and not accepted by their peers at their job? I've been a couple of weeks in a new job and besides job-related things people mostly ignore me and don't make any effort to even talk to me. I have some social anxiety and that can make it harder but I've had previous jobs where I could get along other people fine and even made friends i.e I can socialize. With these new people there's no chemistry, I don't even know what to talk about with them.
>>
please respond

I know there's wagecucks here, tell me your job feels.
>>
File: 1458689543403.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1458689543403.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
>>29259594
I start work in 40 minutes for the first time

what do I do
>>
im in the opposite spot

started a new job 4 months ago

everyone is too friendly, boss never shuts up, can never get a moment of silence, people always acting cheery and rosy like they are shitting sunflowers

its awful
>>
>>29260012
Don't even show up, call your boss after about 4 hours.
>>
>>29260012
You do your best and try to act like a normal person.
Ganbate.
>>
>>29259594
You're living the life, anon-kun. Socializing with my co-workers and attending office parties and all that other social stuff stresses me out the most. Come in, say good morning, work, go home, get paid. That's what I want. Homeoffice would be ideal because let's face it, there's no need for people to be physically present in most white collar jobs nowadays.
>>
>>29259594
At my job it's me and two women in their early 70's. I'm only here to lift shit and mix paint. All I do is sit at the PC and browse 4chin for 8 hours per day
>>
yes it's all older people there but we can't talk during work. i remember emailing a girl just to see what she is doing for work, i think she was freaked out about me.
>>
>What did you do on the weekend?

Literally hate this fucking question and say "nothing" every time. I'm convinced my colleagues ask it as an insult now.
>>
>>29259594
It's always like that on a new job, anon. Give it time, in a couple of months things will be completely different and you'll be chatting about retarded shit with your retarded coworkers.
>>
Yeah I just started recently too, it's only a part-time summer job but it's a job so I can at least put something on my resume. My supervisors seem like they like me a decent amount so that's cool, and my coworkers are nice but it seems like they all already know each other and all talk to each other and I can't really get in that. There's a qt that I really want to try to get to know a little better but since my job is supposed to involve pretty much no talking during the shift it's hard to find an in. We don't even work the same days or hours for the most part so the only times I see her are when I'm clocking in while she's clocking out or I'm clocking out while she's clocking in.
>>
Im doing fine at my new job, theres some cool people its just honestly too fucking busy to socialize.

I had a moment to talk to this qt who works w/ me but i found myself stuttering and generally being out of it, i wasnt nervous what I think it was is just when im at work im not myself just a drone doing his job, which is fine but its impossible to switch between that mode and being a charismatic charming guy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.