[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: writing.jpg (104 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
104 KB, 500x333
Any robots here have some kind of talent (just something you're good at)
I'm starting to realise that I'm mediocre at things at best. I don't really have a logical mind, or a creative one, anyone else know that feel? I just need something to fucking do that I'm at least a little good at
>>
Same

Not good at anything

Mediocre at a few things

Suck at more things

Don't want a gf or all that shit, just want something to be good at

Already tried so many things in my life, instrumens, art, coding

Just don't have the patience for anything

Drop it after 2 weeks at most

Kill me
>>
>>29259562
>Just don't have the patience for anything
Same for me, I tried programming too, as well as drawing and all that shit. I just run out of patience or just don't have the energy (mentally) to keep doing it.
I wish my parents forced me to do sports or something when I was younger. At least I would've been good at something and probably would've gotten friends or at least social skills out of it.
>>
Self-taught sysadmin and programmer. I'm somewhat good at it, but I'm uncertified and I have to compete with India all the time and I really don't make a lot of money. Chicks are NOT impressed.
>>
>>29259475
I'm a pretty talented musician. I studied it for a while in high school and college before I dropped out and played in some bands. They all broke up, and the opportunities dried up. So now I'm a NEET.
>>
>>29259738
It's great that you were able to teach yourself that, how did you do it?
>>
>>29259475
I was pretty athletic, not good enough for a AAA college team but I would be okay on a small AA team. Now I'm getting back in shape after a year of no exercise (other than walking a few miles a day).

I'm also pretty smart, I failed math in high school (stopped going to class or doing homework) then taught myself up to calculus 1 level in one Fall while working at a shitty job. Now I'm in a somewhat prestigious research program at a UC.
>>
>>29259475
I'm really just mediocre at everything. Everyone has always told me I'm such a bright boy when I was younger, and had a great future. I'm sure you've heard all that before.

I'm not good at anything, given time I'm not bad at anything either I guess. I have no ambition or drive, motivation. I think losing my gf killed it and made me too bitter. I don't really know what to do so I guess I'll do nothing.
>>
>>29259795
Dedication I guess. I spent a lot of time on computers since I was 10. Spent my summers and Friday nights trying to make things with Linux/FreeBSD work right, read a lot of technical manuals, learned C/C++, how the Internet works, etc. I learned A LOT of "low level" stuff (which is difficult to learn) and it is really, REALLY not necessary nowadays. I'm probably older than you youngfags, and even at the time, I was already learning a lot old stuff just for the sake of understanding how it all worked. I mostly code in Ruby now and my UNIX and C++ knowledge is mostly useless.

JavaScript is all the rage now. You can setup prepackaged Linux distros in VMs or cloud servers and code in JavaScript server-side with node.js. That's in high demand right now.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.