[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bring Back the Duel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: .jpg (86 KB, 813x506) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
86 KB, 813x506
Anyone else wish we could reinstate pistol duels? It would give us some social leverage over these chad assholes. Too bad women outlawed this honorable, beta-empowering tradition because their precious chads were getting killed by lowly betas and they would never want an undesirable man to have any type of superiority in this world.

>chad insults or cucks you in any way
>simply take off your gauntlet
>slap the shit out of him with it
>tell him "see you at dawn, motherfucker. if you have any balls you'll be there, bitch"
>write your last poem that night
>wait for him at the lone tree at the edge of town
>face away from each other and take 4 steps forward
>turn around and shoot him in the fucking face before he gets you

Fuck, I want to face some chad asshole in a duel now.
>>
Of course, there would be some rules to prevent cheating and disadvantage.

>one cartridge in the chamber of each pistol
>no magazines
>each participant must be patted down and have their gun inspected by each others' second
>if you don't have a second, you get to put the cartridge in chad's gun yourself and vice versa.
>if none of you die, you can challenge each other to a second round
>>
Yes, but only with flintlock pistols for added randomness.
>>
>simply take off your gauntlet
>slap the shit out of him with it

lol right, implying chad wouldn't pistol whip your ass cold

keep dreaming beta
>>
The concept of honor and being able to defend yours has been abolished in society completely now. It's really quite depressing if you think about it. You can walk into your own bedroom and see your wife getting rammed by a stranger and there is nothing you can do.
>>
>>29257567
yeah duels are cool as hell and the best part for robots would be that the man with lower social standing has a lot more leverage in the duel since Lord Chaddington has more of a reputation to uphold and much more to lose from death or serious injury. and with pistols instead of swords it's like the ultimate beta empowerment tool.
>>
>>29257763
Was about to say this. It would be too easy with a modern pistol.
>>
>>29257750
I came up with a set of rules to avoid any advantage over each other: >>29257902
>>
>>29257567
Definitely.

Most duels ended with both parties living. Dualists would fire into the air because it wasn't about killing, it was about protecting your honor and preserving your dignity. Hamilton-Burr was a rare death, and people question whether burr intended to miss or not.
>>
>>29257848
you can shoot them and eat the punishment. show no remorse.
>>
So it should be legal for someone to hunt you down and put a bullet through your skull if you call them a faggot on 4chan?
>>
>>29257993
if thats the case fencing is much better, but you cant do it if youre a fat slob
>>
File: burr-hamilton.jpg (196 KB, 914x838) Image search: [Google]
burr-hamilton.jpg
196 KB, 914x838
>>29257993
Man, talk about the perfect example of a beta winning against a chad. Burr rekt that chad fuck.
>>
>implying most people here wouldn't lose to the more athletic and quick on the draw Chad

Fail at every thing at life, thinks this will be the one thing he succeeds in, dies in the street as a footnote in Chad's biography.
>>
>>29258071
sabre duels resulted in even less deaths than pistol duels. it's pretty hard to kill someone with a sword and most of the time they would just cut the duel off when one person couldn't feasibly fight back anymore.
>>
>>29257993
>tfw you used to play where one of the most famous duels ever went down
>>
>>29258148
Most blade duels where to first blood. A nick on the hand could end it
>>
>>29258141
Here we fucking.

In every thread of these that I make, there's always some faggot chad-cocksucker that thinks his precious chad can dodge bullets and move like agent smith.
>>
>>29257567
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Dickinson_(historical_figure)

Most badass duel in history right here. Andrew Jackson gets into an argument with a famous duellist/marksman. Instead of just firing normally he stands still and tanks the guy's shot, stands back up, takes careful aim, and uses his shot to fucking kill the guy.
>>
>>29258193
An activity based on speed, agility, and accuracy. I'll put my money on Chad, over your delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>29258358
most pistol duels weren't quick draw you fucking faggot, not even in the old west. most of the time you both just stood there and shot at each other. some duels were even arranged so that it was virtually a guarantee that both parties would at least be seriously injured. look up the stephen decatur duel. either way, you're a faggot for riding chad's nuts like this.
>>
>>29257567
You know this only ends one of two ways:

>Chad kills beta
>"Chad was so brave to defend himself against that creep! He had it coming!"

>beta kills Chad
>"Murdering scum! Lock him up! I always knew there was something wrong with him!"
>>
>>29258461

i praise your knowledge of pistol duels.
it's funny how neets, with all the time in the world at their disposal, never know what they're talking about.
>>
>>29258461
No one is riding anything. In no way, under any rules, do I put someone who's main attribute is failing at life in general, over that of someone that by definition is better in every way. That's just smart money. Do you go to the house track and bet on the horse who's next stop is the glue factory. Even in a scenario where you both get shot, who do you bet on surviving. The skinny fat manlet, or uberfit Chad.
>>
>>29257567
sounds good man, but i would aviod it to stay comfy.
>>
>>29257567
didn't a lot of those duels end with both people dying?
i remember watching this western movie once and these 2 guys got into an argument and they shot each other
one of the guys died instantly while the other guy spent his last minute of life screaming out in pain with blood gushing everywhere

i can't help but wonder what would be going through your mind in that kind of situation when you realize you fucked up so bad and made the biggest mistake of your life because you gotta be some tough macho prick who needs to defend his manhood
>>
>>29258696
What is he, a fucking alien?

His arteries and vital organs are in the same place as ours. A bullet can hit any of them as randomly as his bullet can hit mine.

>hurr hurr muh chad bf is bulletproof u fuckken betas re re re >:(

You're either a woman or the biggest chad nuthugger in the world.
>>
>>29260251
If you can't understand how someone that is fit, happy, with something to live for, would have a better chance of survival, than am unfit, unhappy, nothing to live for guy, I can't help you. It ain't about being bullet proof. It's about a kind of drive most robots don't have. Even your own words betray you when you say the bullets hit randomly. If you really believed in yourself it would be a well placed shot. Sorry to doubt your dream. Maybe you can challenge him to a spelling bee or a trivia contest. Is bet on you then.
>>
>read this thread
>look up the hamilton-burr duel
>do a short wiki walk
>come upon this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_d%27Anth%C3%A8s

D'Anthes met Pushkin and his wife, Natalia, a beautiful and flirtatious young woman who had many admirers. D'Anthes courted her in a compromising way. When finally refused by Natalia Pushkina, D'Anthes, together with his adoptive father, produced multiple copies of an anonymous lampoon on Pushkin and sent them to a number of Pushkin's closest friends, as well as to Pushkin himself. The lampoon was a mock letter awarding Pushkin the title of Deputy Grand Master and Historiographer of the Order of Cuckolds.

kekkles
>>
>>29260551

>just be happy and bee urself, that will save you from from a gunshot to the neck :^)
>>
>>29260642
Implying you're hitting anyone in the neck. Real life ain't cod
>>
>>29260551
>i don't know anything about ballistics durr durr please fuck my face
>my chad will survive because he has the power of shounen spirit of never giving up against diversity! the power of friendship and love!

>>29260677
Real life isn't an anime.
>>
not that guy, but realistically robots aren't omegas/betas because they're more capable people. My guess is most of you would start shaking if spoken to sternly and generally are incapable of walking fluidly.
If you want to fantasize about being a duelist I'm not going to stand in your way, but the guy saying it's hogwash is probably correct as a generalization

;^)
>>
>>29258461
Gunfights in the old west were rarely organised duels with rules. No one is going to willingly stand around to get shot at when your opponent has a gun with sights and more than one shot.
>>
>>29260810
Chad, who has never seen adversity in his life, would piss his pants when facing the gun. Thinking about all that he has to lose. How his comfortable lifestyle free of any adversity could come to an end a few seconds later. He'll never fuck another woman, he'll never feel the joy of cuckolding another man, the rush of running through another football field or scoring another touchdown and be cheered at by his entire college frat.

All that could be ended in a few seconds by the bullet of a lowly beta male.

Whereas the beta has nothing to lose and chad would be doing him a favor by killing him. Even if he dies, he wins.
>>
>>29260820
A gunfight with a gang of Chads would be pretty cool too. Gunfight at the OK corral style but with modern guns.
>>
>>29260774
Been in real fire fights before, and been shot. The desire to live isn't some magic power. You act different depending on your mind set, which can be the difference between life and death. As simple as putting pressure on your own wound. Someone who has given up doesn't do that. Being fit also helps, add you're less likely to have conditions that complicate matters. That you automatically jump to anime, powers of feels, tells me you never been in the shit and have no knowledge on the subject.
>>
>>29261024
>i got shot at by some goatfucker peasants armed with sticks and their own shit and the occasional rusted ak47 that doesn't even shoot straight in some irrelevant desert shithole with the advantage of close air support and artillery. that means I know everything about survival hurr hurr muhreen core
Yeah, nah. You're a cunt.
>>
T.
>I'm such a fucking wuss that I need a weapon to beat Chad. I'm too fucking lazy to start lifting and become alpha.
And that's why you are a virgin.
>>
sure op, there's a ton of stuff wrong with pistol duels but there's also a ton of stuff wrong with modern society. duels would at least make things interesting
>>
>>29261096
Don't blame me. Blame Sam Colt for making us equal ;^)
>>
>>29258148
thats the point. if youre not going to die anyways at least you can prove a point. much better than firing your gun randomly into the air.
>>
>>29261074
Actually got shot in the good old murica, before I went in. Didn't even get a splinter over there. I'm not claiming anything but the very basics of survival, wanting to and having something to live for, is as basic survival as it gets. Just get back to your dream, boy, where you have nerves of steel and dead eye aim.
>>
>>29261127
>equal
Guns won't get your virginity taken away.
>>
>>29261074
you forgot to add
>still lost
>>
>this normies fresh off crying about another uprising pretending super chad is an action hero
>>
>>29261194
>wanting to and having something to live for

What if my reason for living is hatred and vengeance? Checkmate, normo.
>>
>>29261442
That actually works. You can have that. Do you really think that's something you'd find frequently around the board with enough suicide threads that they might as well be stickied.
>>
>>29257848
In Texas you can kill the dude fucking your wife if you catch them in the act. Also, you can always kill him and say you thought she was in danger because you heard screams :^^^))))))))
>>
>>29262063
Then you get railroaded in court by a chad-loving feminist judge and a jury made up of cunts and their beta orbiters.
>>
sword duels are much better. they last longer, less chance of death, and they're much more interesting to watch
>>
>>29262285
I didn't ask for your fucking opinion.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.