[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is therapy a worthwhile endeavor, bots? >24 years old >never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 6TRMdVF.jpg (38 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
6TRMdVF.jpg
38 KB, 400x299
Is therapy a worthwhile endeavor, bots?

>24 years old
>never had an intimate relationship with anyone
>sexual things cause my anxiety to go haywire
>sexually abused by aunt when I was 6
>physically abused by my father from 5-16
>teachers avoided me because they knew something was wrong but didn't want to make it their problem
>no real friends, just drifting through life
>nothing interests me
>>
>>29257406
Hey anon. I had issues too. Therapy might've helped me recover from them. But I feel that the combination of time, coming into contact with people in a worse state and someone specific that really helped me.

Give it a try mate.
>>
>>29257406
Couldn't hurt, right?
>>
If you're an extremely unmotivated individual, no. It doesn't help in the slightest.
>>
>>29257406
You've suffered a lot anon, you need therapy to get through that abuse and degredation. You're not some sad normie you endured actual trauma. That's what therapists are truly for
>>
>>29257406
Hasnt helped me much at all.

Went because my parents demanded I go

My issues are:

>28 and still live at home
>have BA degree, but making near min wage
>no friends, never been in a relationship
>parents (especially my mother) pester me all the time and I lash out at them
>anxiety and poor self esteem.

Been going for a year now.

I'm in better physical shape and went from part time employed to full time at the same job. I would've accomplished those things whether I was in therapy or not.

If anything, I get hit by feels harder. Now more than ever, I feel like nobody can help me except me, but I dont know how to help myself. I feel stupid. I feel like a loser. I feel rejected. I feel less able to escape reality.
>>
>>29257813

OP here. I'm afraid of what the therapist might do. Can't they put a person in a mental institution without the person's consent?
>>
>>29258332
>I'm in better physical shape and went from part time employed to full time at the same job.
>I feel stupid. I feel like a loser.
You're making progress, man.
>>
>>29258409
Only if you tell them you want to hurt yourself or others, and that you actually have a plan to do so. As long as you avoid doing that, you can tell them you think about suicide thirty times a day like me :^) and they won't be able to do anything.
>>
>>29258222

Is the therapist going to put me on drugs or something? Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't abuse and maybe I deserved to get beat or locked in the cellar for days at a time
>>
>>29258470

I couldn't hurt myself. I'm too weak to do anything. Besides, there's not much that can be done to me now considering how messed up my body is
>>
>>29257406
Yes. Therapy is absolutely worth it. You may need to see a few different people before you find one who you can trust and open up to. But once you do, it's great. Good luck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.