[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There is no objective or verifiable reason in this world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 1429900463544.jpg (59 KB, 409x513) Image search: [Google]
1429900463544.jpg
59 KB, 409x513
>There is no objective or verifiable reason in this world to stay pure.
>Your body is constantly tempting you to sin.
>Your friends are trying to convince you to become a degenerate because it is objectively and verifiably more fun and will make you happy.
>>
File: 1465256423700.png (76 KB, 331x328) Image search: [Google]
1465256423700.png
76 KB, 331x328
>>29256537
>try my best for years on end to stay as pure as i can even though i have sinned already
>temptation and stuff you mentioned
>keep growing in my understanding of the word
>something happens that according to the old testament bars me from heaven
>still keep trying my hardest
>all the signs keep showing me that it definantly happened
>decide to finally accept it
>willingly become a demon but still fully and wholeheartedly accept and even lead others toward the path of righteousness despite my own fate
>wonder if i'll make it still when the time finally comes

atleast i have hope
>>
>being a religion cuck
>>
>>29256686
>>something happens that according to the old testament bars me from heaven
Isn't that all overruled by the new testament so that you can be forgiven?

>all the signs keep showing me that it definitely happened
Wait, what? You're not actually sure if you sinned? Or if your actions count as a sin?
>>
>>29256686
Anon, If you believe that Christ is the son of God, all sins, past, present, and future are forgiven.
>>
When you eat food you are killing yourself. Even healthy food.
>>
>>29256537
I once broke a girl's wooden cross necklace and told her that jesus was stupid and god is an asshole. 3 years later she became a huge slut. Makes you think doesn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
>>29256686
Until you straight up reject god there is still hope, if even one person is brought to the path by your guidance then you will have pleased him.
>>
>>29256996
you sound like a real meanie I tell ya what
>>
>>29256537
Actually there are objective reasons to stay (reasonably) pure. For one thing you will come off as more respectable to potential significant others that are looking for something more than just sex. And once you fall into the degeneracy pit and have sex with everyone you are using other people as a means to an end, which will just disconnect you from other human beings and make you feel lonely and probably cut yourself without knowing why.
>>
File: image.png (423 KB, 876x1496) Image search: [Google]
image.png
423 KB, 876x1496
>>29256537
I LOVE YOU CHRIST-CHAN!!!
>>
>>29257032
what if you "reject" god but regret it and ask for forgiveness?
>>
>>29256936
Do you really believe that thinking something is enough to justify the difference between eternal bliss and eternal torture?
>>
>>29256537
>It's a shitty Suiseseki ripoff thread
wew
>>
>>29257285
thinking is not believing.
>>
>>29257263
That is literally the state of man after the fall from Eden. So yes, God is eager to save you no matter what state you're in.
>>
>>29256537
>Your body is constantly tempting you to sin

This has to be one of the most fundamentalist misunderstandings of Christianity. Everybody is a sinner, every second of the day. There is no such thing as purity, and salvation is not contingent upon obtaining purity. Literally impossible due to Original Sin. Your sins are already paid in full by Jesus' crucifixion. It doesn't matter how much you go out of your way to sin. As long as you're a believer, you have proxy salvation through Jesus.
>>
>>29256936

I believe that but I also hate Jesus like no other person, is like the embodiment of all the people that have bullied me ever.

And the reason why I cant draw cartoons since I learned it is sin and that they are demons, now I am always either depressed or angered.
>>
>>29257650
>And the reason why I cant draw cartoons since I learned it is sin and that they are

That's fucking retarded.

This is your brain on Protestantism, everybody.
>>
>>29256537
well i'm fucked
neat thread though getting
destroyed over and over sounds alright desu
>>
>>29257338

It still does not makes any fucking sense, I know God isn't supposed to make sense to us or give us reasons, but fucking kill their son (himself) instead of just accepteing different people like different things, and that you like what you like (you can lie to society but not to God or yourself) I mean why God hates cartoons and drawings so fucking much?! Is just way to silly!
>>
>>29257338
Forgiveness doesn't give you a license to do whatever you want. You should at least try to fight off the bigger sins, even if you admit that it's impossible to be completely free of sin. Otherwise your belief probably isn't very genuine.
>>
>>29256996

No, it doesn't. It just sounds like an American teen telling me about its American life, which is not relevant to me, frankly.
>>
>>29256537
it's such a fucking waste of time, you know?

I wasted maybe four hours of my life, i was comparing the size of my dick to this girls pictures and being debauched, then i spent maybe an hour floating between here and videogames and edging like a fucking moron, and somewhere between it all i lose four hours of my life.

>>29256686
pretty sure you can't be a demon any more than you can be influenza or a migraine. it's something inside you driving you to do stupid shit, not what you are. god puts his commandments in because once you defy him, you're on your fucking own.

if reality is full of infinite wonder, then an image of reality has infinite potential to suck you into it and feel through it, when the reality is you're just staring at a screen.
>>
>>29257650
maybe old-testament. but new testament god doesn't have any problem with idols as long as you don't covet them, and don't value them higher than reality. that's where you fall.

i mean, a diagram of the human body could be considered idolatry, but it can still be used to teach anatomy, gastronomy, medicine, etc...
>>
>>29258573
maybe i'm wrong. if you want to draw cartoons, start with comics. a visual medium used to teach stories. you can't really do that because you believe you're hellbound, and the more you try to bring them closer to you, the further down you'll lead them down the same path.
>>
>falling for the religion meme
shiggy
>>
>>29258363
>Forgiveness doesn't give you a license to do whatever you want.

Then you sorely misunderstand the nature of Original Sin. The only reason you'd "want to do whatever you want" in the first place is because it's in your fucking nature to be this way. You were born a degenerate and you're a degenerate until the moment you die. There is no deliverance from this way of life, only salvation resulting from Jesus paying an advance penance for your transgressions before you've even committed them.
>>
>>29256686
did you eat something non kosher? I'm really curious now
>>
>>29257650
>>29257932
how are cartoons evil
are you a muslim
>>
File: Thats heresy.png (200 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
Thats heresy.png
200 KB, 498x750
>>29256686
>implying god exists

what exactly did you do to get damned? i used to always study about hell and sin when i was a hardcore Christian and what I've learned through all my searching is that there is only one way to be permanently damned to hell no matter what you do and that is to have the mark of the beast branded on your right hand or forehead 666 i think you should be ok unless you sold your soul to saten or something.
>>
>>29258671
>you can't really do that because you believe you're hellbound, and the more you try to bring them closer to you, the further down you'll lead them down the same path.
Having a rich experience with sin is actually good for leading others out of it.
>>
All religion is designed by man to manipulate man.
>>
>>29259342
said the devil

athiesm is designed to manipulate man into retardation and ultimately death

literally every great scientist and philosopher comes from religious backrounds, then they reject them, then they rediscover them when they gain a deeper understanding before they die
>>
>>29259390
Many believe in a greater force, many called that force god. However what I stated is religion was designed by man to manipulate man. God can be found without religion.
>>
>>29259436
religion can be something as simple as brushing your teeth everyday

the more you know
>>
>>29259459
the difference between routine and religion is religion includes an element of faith.
>>
Fixed it for you>>29257128

Actually there are objective reasons to stay (reasonably) IMpure. For one thing you will come off as more CREEPY to potential significant others that are looking for something more than just sex. And once you fall into the degeneracy pit and have sex with everyone you are using other people as a means to an end, which will just Connect you TO other human beings and WIL NOT make you feel lonely and probably NOT cut yourself without knowing why.
>>
>>29259520
there is a faith aspect to keeping up with hygeine actually

cleanliness is close to godliness, for some

could you prove that, that is manipulating man away from god?
>>
>>29259553

could I prove that brushing ones teeth is manipulating man away from god?

I would never try to draw a link between those two things.

but you asked this question under the assumption that I agreed there is a faith aspect to good hygiene. to which I would say for me personally there is no faith aspect to good hygiene.
>>
>>29259733
you don't have to agree or not because what you believe personally doesn't affect the fact that some people do infact feel there is link between the two, that's why i used it as an basic example to support my point.
>>
>>29258853

THE BIBLE SAYS TO NOT MAKE IMAGE OF ANYTHING ON HEAVEN AND UNDER IT, ALSO ALL CARTOONS COME FROM THE "iMAGINATION" WICH IS THE PLAYGROUND OF SATAN!

THOSE WEIRD CHARACTERS WITH POWERS ARE DEMONS!
>>
>>29259853
Well disagreement is great for open discussion. if we all agreed there wouldnt be much to talk about. We are all trying to understand our world and we all have different experiences. People who are raised christian have a lot of christian experiences when they are young and therefore have an incentive to defend those experiences as they are a fundamental core to who they are. But also remember that those who are raised jewish or muslim also have an incentive to defend their beliefs for the same reason.

Im sure we both believe hygiene is good, but i disagree that it is related to godliness. Much as a muslim would disagree with a christian on the idea that Christ was sent to cleanse us of sin.
>>
>I'm pure
>"Pure what!?"
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.