[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /trader/ here? I'm learning to trade currencies/futures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (64 KB, 1053x817) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64 KB, 1053x817
Who /trader/ here?
I'm learning to trade currencies/futures so I can quit my job and make lots of money without being a wagecuck.

>pic related, short selling USD/CAD (demo account)
>>
Doesn't it take hundreds of hours of study before you even start making real trades?
>>
>>29253832
isn't it mind numbingly boring?

like.. worse than a job
>>
File: Capture2.png (52 KB, 1090x344) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
52 KB, 1090x344
>>29253868
That's correct, for me it has been about a year and a half, learned a lot, still learning.
>pic related, my performance.
>>
might be suited for autists
>>
Man I really want to make a comment calling you out for being a huge fucking pleb but really?

Have fun with trading currencies and being bottom of the barrel trader.
>>
>>29253921
what actually is there to learn?

do you snort coke off hookers tits and yell at people over the phone?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-13-09-45-59.png (147 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-13-09-45-59.png
147 KB, 1080x1920
Who /madethreebuxlastmonth/ here?

And yes, that's real money, not some paper trade shit, you broke niggers.
>>
How do I learn this? Any recommendations? Also, what platform do you do this on? Is it like a website?
>>
>>29253978
You can start at website called BabyPips, it's very noob-friendly.
After learning the basics, look for "supply and demand" strategies.
>>
>>29253978
Any decently sized library will have quite a selection of books on trading. That will be a decent start.

>> Also, what platform do you do this on? Is it like a website?

There are dozens of different platforms for trading, no need to worry about those for now.
>>
>>29253967
why don't you trade using a margin account? you won't be able to make much money with 100$
>>
>>29254031
Because that would cost fees and would require a real brokerage that has minimums, and Robinhood is free to trade and I can throw whatever paltry pocket change I have left after a week of wagecucking in there.
>>
Would understanding politics be of any help here?
>>
>>29254314
>Would understanding politics be of any help here?
Politics and economics will help you in longer term trading, as in buying and holding for months.
Personally I prefer to day trade, currencies and futures are speculative in nature, if you want to invest longer term, stocks would be a better choice.
>>
>>29254314
It is required - so it won't really put you above any other traders as you can expect everybody involved to have at least an above basic understanding of politics and the world around us.
>>
I do, but just trade blue chip stocks if you're a noob or scared of losing money
>>
Day trading is a big scam that robs rubes of their money. Would be better off learning about sports and gambling on them because at least you're not competing with computers that trade by the millisecond.

Best was to make money on the stockmarket is to buy into a tracker and leave it there for years. Just don't get scared when there is a recession and pull all your money out to try and cut your losses. Not very sexy or interesting but it works.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.