[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think about guns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: pile o guns resized.jpg (2 MB, 1629x2410) Image search: [Google]
pile o guns resized.jpg
2 MB, 1629x2410
What does /r9k/ think about guns?
>>
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2NYYltC0aY
>>
I have a CZ 75 SP-01. I'm going to buy an AR15 lower this weekend after I get paid.

I browse /k/ a lot.
>>
>>29253718
I'd be thinking more about the ideology of the guy who did it than the tools he used. Also
>implying gun control would have helped
He worked for a security company and had special licensing already so it's clearly something that we just have to tolerate if we have muslims in our countries.
>>
I am a dirty pinko commie, but I think that guns are nice and that everyone should have one. I wasn't really big on guns until I started hanging out with my grandpa and he taught me how to use one. He made me shoot a skunk in the face when I was just like 16-years-old.

I can't own one now though, because I've been to a psych ward. I think that's a pretty stupid restriction. Just one little, teeny-weeny psychiatric slip-up gets you banned from using guns for the rest of your life. I'm all medicated up and I'd never hurt a fly.
>>
>>29253695
Guns are okay, but i like knives more as i live in europe.
>>
File: 1911R-45-ESCPN-LARGE.jpg (23 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
1911R-45-ESCPN-LARGE.jpg
23 KB, 633x348
I've got an AR-15 and 3 pistols (Glock 17, Glock 26, Ruger SR1911).

I want to get a new rifle soon, probably a new & fancier AR-15. I've also been thinking of getting another 1911, probably a SIG Emperor Scorpion or a Springfield TRP.
>>
>>29253695
good fun kinda

I think people who get taught to respect them and use them safely as a child can only be better off for it.

Certain lessons learned the hard way about having or not having an armed populace seem to be forgotten constantly but I believe this is the natural cycle of things. People trade freedom for security when they settle down into a comfortable life and while a shame, that's to be expected.
>>
File: 1404886389338.png (132 KB, 890x346) Image search: [Google]
1404886389338.png
132 KB, 890x346
>>29253695
i browse /k/ as much as i browse /r9k/
which is daily, for the past few years.
guns are a mechanical tool.
i enjoy them more for the mechanics and engineering than anything else, which is a large reason that for the past year or so, ive been getting into /o/ things.
>167 file humor folder
>>
>>29253776
>Just one little, teeny-weeny psychiatric slip-up
one slip is enough to kill someone or trigger and autist killing spree

guns are pretty cool though
>>
>>29253776
>I can't own one now though, because I've been to a psych ward. I think that's a pretty stupid restriction. Just one little, teeny-weeny psychiatric slip-up gets you banned from using guns for the rest of your life. I'm all medicated up and I'd never hurt a fly.
That's exactly what keeps me from getting the help that I (according to some people here) need.
>>
1. person
2. has access to weapons
3. kills people
4. weapons are blamed

1. person
2. has access to weapons
3. doesn't kill people
4. weapons are blamed
>>
>>29253924
What's wrong with you?
cgvhbjlk
>>
Killing tools not toys.
>>
>>29253961
I have irrational anger about things that can't be changed. I actually don't think it's irrational. Just what people told me.

I have outbursts of rage when I punch myself in the face. Sometimes I just start shouting obsecenities or punching everything. Only thing that kind of helps is getting drunk, but sometimes when I get drunk I get more agressive. Also I'm suicidal and whenever I get some people who are kind of close(like friends) I start being a cunt to them and ignore them. Not sure why, it's a compulsion. Out of nowhere I will get angry and cut of all contact. I'm surprised I haven't killed myself while drunk/raging yet to be honest.
>>
>>29253776
Have similar political views - and agree about guns. If guns were actually banned or restricted in the US, it would just give the authorities a monopoly on power.

The only way the people will claim power for themselves is through violence - unrestricted gun laws make it easier for this struggle to succeed.
>>
>>29254009
Fuck, are you me? The only difference is that I work myself up when I'm pissed or in a bad state of mind and go back and forth between being needy and outright ignoring everyone and everything really intensely for a few days. I'm at the point where I literally have zero friends and I can't maintain a relationship for the life of me.
>>
>>29253879
I don't know, I don't really buy into the whole "everyone should have a gun so we can overthrow a tyrannous government" thing. I'll admit, gun ownership definitely played a very big role in the American Revolution. We probably couldn't have escaped the British yoke if we didn't already have shit-tons of guns. But fast forward just a bit over half a century to 1860, with the Civil War. You had half the entire fucking country seceding from America. They had plenty of guns in the South and a strong culture of gun ownership. They were actually winning the war at first, probably because Union soldiers weren't as experienced with firing their weapons. But ultimately, none of that even mattered because the Union invented superior armaments, ships, and military strategies, like the machine gun, the mortar cannon, trench warfare, and the ironclads.

That was just 60 years after the American Revolution. There's just no contest now, two hundred years later. The military has a huge stockpile of drones that can each assassinate anyone in the country, wherever and whenever they please. Even our police forces have advanced military technology, like assault rifles, artillery, tanks, etc. There's not even a small chance that an insurrection today could ever succeed. All the militia groups that have tried recently have been blasted to bits, Waco-style.
>>
>>29254009
You def need a gun
>>
>>29254047
>The only difference is that I work myself up when I'm pissed or in a bad state of mind and go back and forth between being needy and outright ignoring everyone and everything really intensely for a few days.
That sounds kinda similar to me. Except I'm not that needy, more like pissed off that I threw away another circle of people for no goddamn reason at all. Just makes me more angry at myself.

But about the guns. It could be even worse. Imagine you live in a country where you actually need to be licensed and checked by a doctor to get a gun license. Now imagine you get the license, everything is okay, you have no problems and some time after that, the shit I described starts to show up. But obviously you don't want to lose your license by getting help, it's not that bad anyways(yet), so you just kinda try to ignore it and self-medicate with alcohol. And it keeps getting worse and worse.

Oh well. This is obviously purely and completely hypothetical situation.
>>
>>29254119
>But about the guns. It could be even worse. Imagine you live in a country where you actually need to be licensed and checked by a doctor to get a gun license. Now imagine you get the license, everything is okay, you have no problems and some time after that, the shit I described starts to show up. But obviously you don't want to lose your license by getting help, it's not that bad anyways(yet), so you just kinda try to ignore it and self-medicate with alcohol. And it keeps getting worse and worse.
Sounds like you should go take it out on an asylum center assuming you're in the occupied zone :^)
>>
File: 1406542452158.jpg (52 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
1406542452158.jpg
52 KB, 600x334
>>29254009
If I'm remembering right, you can see a doctor/therapist and still own a gun. It's only after you've been institutionalized that they'll take away your rights. The only way anyone can institutionalize you is if you show that you're a danger to yourself or others. As long as you keep your suicidal thoughts kind of vague, if you avoid seeming like you've planned out how you're going to kill yourself, or even if you just don't bother to even mention suicide (which is what I do), nobody can legally force you to be admitted into the funny farm. The same rules apply for mentioning that you want to hurt others; just keep shut on any concrete plans and they can't touch you. If they do take you to the hospital though, the doctors there usually won't admit you until a few of them interview you first. Just deny, deny, deny, and tell them you don't want to kill yourself or hurt anybody and that everything is fine. Sometimes the doctors at the hospital will override whomever took you to the emergency room if they think you're going to be alright and they'll let you go as soon as they can.

You gotta be really careful though. I was probably going to be let go during my first hospitalization, but I was really manic and I just signed everything they put in front of me without reading any of it. I think they purposefully tricked me into signing the papers. I was telling the doctor that I didn't want to be admitted and he nodded his head and said something like, "I can understand your decision, anon. Just sign these papers here and we'll be able to take care of you, so you can be on your way out of here." I didn't even realize until he took the clipboard away that I was signing away my rights.

So keep all that in mind if you do decide to see a professional. It might seem like it puts you at risk of being admitted, but you'll probably be fine. Legally, anyone can bring you to the emergency ward and have you involuntarily committed, even your family.
>>
>>29253695
They're neat and if I had one I would use it to kill myself.
>>
>>29253695
Civil disarmament is the first step for slavery and tyrany.
>MFW, my country barely allows me to have guns, and not without doing a lot of paperwork. And the types like AR, AK, are nigh impossible to own. The same for a concealed carry permit.
>Crime rates are currently pretty high. Legal gun owners are a minority. You can't blame us for our high crime rates, but blame it to politicians and NGOs.
>>
>>29253695
I browse /k/ all day but I hate guns.

I hate guns because I know I'll never be able to own any.

Goddamn yuropoor gun laws.
>>
>>29253695
They're cool.
>>
>>29254383
They tricked you into signing away your rights? Normalscum why did they do that? Can you argue to get those rights back? Can you still buy privately? That sicks anon
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459530418151.jpg (20 KB, 480x315) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459530418151.jpg
20 KB, 480x315
>>29254053
Trench warfare was invented by the south but yes, I agree with you
>>
Remove fun. I, for one, welcome our arms-free multicultural liberal paradise Overlords.
>>
File: crimea2a_900.jpg (102 KB, 900x772) Image search: [Google]
crimea2a_900.jpg
102 KB, 900x772
>>29255065
>Trench warfare was invented by the south
ok
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 240x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 240x193
I lean towards more gun control. I have nothing against a rifle or shotgun though.

That said most gun bros I've talked to are either preppers or scared that Uncle Sam's gonna take his freedoms.

If guns were banned tomorrow id be a little pissed but I'd get over it soon enough. I do wish we could be more strict with who can buy one.
>>
>>29254410
just do heroin

oh my cannoli
>>
>>29253695
I don't care about gun laws. I own several guns, most of which are more then 50 years old and not registered. Nobody is going to be taking them away.
I'm confident that I can defend myself if I ever need to. I just wish I could legally carry a handgun with me.
>>
>>29255246

>thinking americans are historically informed
>>
>>29255246
>a trench = trench warfare
>>
I have an old k98k, it is fun as hell to shoot. But not even my dad wants to shoot it because "it hurts too much", fucking pussy.
>>
Got a P90 and Five seveN and I love them dearly.

Inb4 meme gun and expensive ammo.
>>
>r9k going full meme supporting guns because they are supposed to be right wing
ayy you guys are so fucking suggestible and boring. Not even bait or chad.
>>
>>29253695
guns are awesome and everyone should have one
>>
>>29255938
>r9k going full meme supporting guns because they are supposed to be right wing

I'm nowhere near right-wing, but I support gun ownership. I'm just not some paranoid, small-dick Nazi who thinks any form of regulation is the government attempting to disarm and subdue the population.

I own a firearm for home defense, although as far as hobby shooting is concerned, I really couldn't care less about firearms.
>>
I'm kinda into knives. I like the aesthetics of butterfly and army knives. but that's it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.