[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robot drivers? I could really use some tips. Finally started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: Wojack and Pepe.jpg (55 KB, 1280x709) Image search: [Google]
Wojack and Pepe.jpg
55 KB, 1280x709
Any robot drivers? I could really use some tips.

Finally started driving in order to get my parents off my back but I'm really bad at it. I know most people aren't great right away but I REALLY suck. What did you guys do to get better? Luckily I drive in a low-traffic park area but my father is urging me to get onto the main roads.
>>
>>29253450
Just practice, and relax. Take it slow if you suck.
>>
File: Tomato Approves.jpg (97 KB, 553x702) Image search: [Google]
Tomato Approves.jpg
97 KB, 553x702
>>29253450
Just as the above anon said, practice and just driving is the only thing that will make you a better driver.

I was really shitty at driving when I started (scratched the entire side of my dad's car when I pulled out of the parking lot of the testing center). After starting uni and having to driver there and back everyday, I've become more comfortable driving as a whole. Practice makes perfect anon. Just relax and be a defensive driver instead of an aggressive one.
>>
>>29253450
I gave up on driving because I'm too slow, dumb and can'T make decisions.
>>
>>29253450

Play racing simulators, im not joking.
>>
>>29253450
I dislike driving, but gonna practice more anyway
>>
>>29253450
Get a shit car and go to a field and drift that shit till you know its' limits on grass, the limits are further on concrete, but you'll be surprised how hard you have to fuck up to get into a drift - drive stick.

Watch other drivers, you'll be able to spot those that are texting and driving / distracted very quickly once you start trying to do something while you drive like changing radio etc.

Go out of your way to take more difficult routes, not necessarily quickly, jsut learn them and slowly get faster but just as safe.
>>
Do you have a licence?
>>
File: Haruka-WojakSide.jpg (306 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Haruka-WojakSide.jpg
306 KB, 1280x720
>>29253450
Literally >>29253579 this.

When I was learning, I'd practice late at night since there isn't really any empty low-traffic streets here during normie hours. It does just take practice and patience - and preferably self-awareness, or someone who isn't a shit driver to let you know when you're making any mistakes and could spot your shitty driving habits. The more you drive, the more comfortable you'll be, and the less anxious you'll feel behind the wheel. You'll only continue to improve from there... until you redevelop those shitty habits, anyway.
>>
practice in your mind, visualize what you should do and how you do it, there's only so many scenarios you'll run into on a regular basis and they're all pretty simple
>>
>>29253450
My dad took me down a long, mostly deserted highway that trucks drivers use to practice most of the time before I was ready for the main road.

There's a car every so often but nothing major until you get back to where more shops are.

Dad said I picked up driving extremely fast.

Here are my tips:

Remember; people in cars want to avoid you as much as you want to avoid them. The only thing that made me nervous my first time driving was oncoming traffic.Dad said that to me and it calmed me down inside.

Just relax and enjoy the ride - driving isn't and shouldn't be stressful. Just keep an eye on the road and you'll be fine.

Adjust everything and make yourself comfy before you drive off. You don't want to be adjusting anything at all mid-drive.

Watch that speedometer, try maintain a steady speed that's within the speed limit.

Don't bring any distractions with you and listen to what your dad has to say.

Remember, even literal retards can drive. Why can't you?
>>
>>29253828

Hawaii bro, is that you?
>>
File: IMG_20160604_164821_200-Re4ch.jpg (1 MB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_164821_200-Re4ch.jpg
1 MB, 3200x1800
>>29253949
M-maybe...
yes.
Hello again btw.
>>
Drive at most 5 over. This is so you can piss Normie's off who speed everywhere
>>
Just be yourself!

Just keep doing it!
>>
File: 323.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
323.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>29253986
Nice to see you again, wish i could cruise around with you guys, hawaii looks so awesome.
Have you played Test Drive Unlimited by chance? It takes place in Oahu, so comfy.
Pic related, its my car, its from google pictures but its the same color and stuff.

Planning on buying a MR2 AW11 though.

Post more pictures, if you have!
>>
File: o-1440052717468.png (259 KB, 634x692) Image search: [Google]
o-1440052717468.png
259 KB, 634x692
>>29254004
>He doesn't speed for fun and comfort while simultaneously pissing off bicyclist normies and "muh safety"/"muh chilluns" normies on and off the street
>>
>>29254059
Too many ticket happy cops where I grew up so I am paranoid
>>
Does that mean you hace a drivers license? How did you make it if you apparently suck?
My driving teacher or whatever the english word is was a borderline power lesbo with short pink her that fucked my head literall yover everything. I continued and became a decent driver.
Just practice a lot. Do you have a fear of driving? Still just practice a lot and do what your father says. Confronting the big things takes your fear away.
>>
Go to an empty lot late at night and just practice turning and backing up

Remember, when people say "learn how to drive" its not so much about learning how to control the car, that is done is 1-2 days. Its about watching the retards on the road and always being aware of your surroundings.

Check your mirrors constantly
>>
File: IMG_20140120_152906_747-Re4ch.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140120_152906_747-Re4ch.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>29254044
You aren't missing out on anything, breh. Drive around the island once and you've pretty much seen everything. I hate it - I'd like to be able to take road trips elsewhere. How long did you have your 323? How do you like it? If I were to buy an MR2, I'd probably go with the SW20, personally. Before I got my Miata, I was looking at AW11s as well. Didn't get one because:
>Harder to find
>More expensive
>Less cargo space
>Smaller engine bay
>Older = less reliability
IIRC, the interior is also more cramped - and I'm not sure how well the plastic in them is holding up. Still cool cars though. I have played TDU - I liked it, kinda. My favorite driving road is terribly done - too open and lacks both the rewarding scenery and the thrill of the real thing. Besides that, there's not enough traffic jams or cops present, my previous neighborhood doesn't exist, and the town I grew up in is a desert wasteland. Not that I expected any of it to be done right... except for my favorite driving road.
>Tfw there will never be a GTA game taking place in Hawaii
Feels bad man.

Haven't really taken any pictures the last few months or so. But (old) pic related is said favorite driving road.
Tantalus Dr/Round Top Dr - which is in TDU, but yeah... nothing alike.
>>
File: MCOH-2014-05-24-Tantalus.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
MCOH-2014-05-24-Tantalus.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1360
>Tfw always reply too slow
Welp... ;_;

Sun's coming up - time for me to pass out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.