[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"just be yourself" wasn't a meme If you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1458360304599.jpg (28 KB, 312x290) Image search: [Google]
1458360304599.jpg
28 KB, 312x290
>"just be yourself" wasn't a meme
If you can't be yourself, you have problems to resolve.
>>
>be myself
>shot by an autistic muslim
>>
that's not the issue. being yourself is dangerous
>>
>>29249900
>you have problems to resolve
what about this is surprising or insightful...
>>
>be myself
>no one likes me
>try being someone else
>no one likes me
Repeat almost every year at a new school all through elementary, middle, and high and you end up with a 27 year old robot that doesnt have friends and doesnt know how to be close to people
>>
>>29249900
>just win the genetic lotto or be rich
That's what you meant to say, right bro?
>>
How do I cure autism OP you wise sage?
>>
>>29249900
What if people don't like myself?
>>
>>29249978
Being rich does not help jack shit.

Do you know what is worse than no atenttion at all?

Strictly superficial atenttion, like no one cares who you are or anything about you. People just flock around you because you got the buck.

After a while it gets old and soon you realize that you are surrounded by people that you don't in reality give two shits about, because they never cared about you as a person in the first place.
>>
>>29249900
But I am myself. That is why I'm a wizard
>>
>>29250144
Luckily I'm poor so people never gave a shit about me.

Oh, wait...
>>
>>29250163
Well I don't know what is worse, superficial atenttion or no atenttion at all. Depends on the person I'm sure.

But it's frustrating, people like pretend to be your good friends untill you really need something. Like help with moving your stuff to another place "aww, shit man, I was just helping Jack move yesterday and I'm so beat, see you around though"

Even worse if you like to be genuine yourself, like you give everyone equal chanses to join your circle of friends. Some people pick and choose only the good parts of the relationship but are never there for you when you need them. Shit sucks man.

And don't think I'm fucking normal or anything like that. I have never enjoyed parties or large numbers of people around me. Also am a 25 year old virgin so don't go REE on me. I have 3 really solid and trustworthy friends who are all almost as autist as I am, but they are the only ones who don't give a shit about my money, because they don't desire money.

And that is another thing too. Being born in a rich family and not desiring money, or the things it brings. My dad basically thinks I'm stupid and immature for wanting a job that makes me happy and not a job that makes a lot of money. People think you are a greedy asshole, who knows nothing of life or pain, because as a result of accident of birth, you were born to a rich family.
>>
>>29249900
You forget that a lot of people don't like our personalities, and can only be pleased by what is essentially someone who has their exact same tastes, pleasures, and even the same (or similar, at least) experiences. It is rare to find a person that is even somewhat capable of appreciating another person, and it's even rarer to find a person that can do so beyond face value.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.