[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how unhealthy is canned food? looks like a good easy way for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: can.jpg (63 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
63 KB, 362x450
how unhealthy is canned food? looks like a good easy way for a neet to feed himself. I think lovecraft got cancer because he ate so much canned beans
>>
>>29248910
Many canned foods are high in sodium which will make you sick. Canned foods also generally taste worse than their uncanned counterparts. It's not terrible, as long as you watch your sodium intake.
>>
>>29248910
get a huge bag of rice
canned shit is nasty, just get a ton of asian noodles and rice and just cut up and fry fresh vegetables and fry up the noodles or add them to rice, its really easy and cheap
you can do it with quinoa if you really care about health, and you can add chicken if youd like
>>
>>29248910
It seems okay but here in australia it is more cost effective to buy grains and stuff.

$1.50 for self raising flour and then some water and you can make a damper.

or $1.50 and I can get a single can of soup

This country sucks
>>
>>29248944

Dont listen to him, eat a diet only consisting of canned food. That way you'll have less of a chance to procreate and weaken the gene pool, everyone wins.
>>
> preservatives
> chemicals from the inner lining of the cans leeching into the food
> the actual food is generally devoid of any nutrients, except carbohydrates

it's a good way to feel like shit 24/7 and will probably help you reach an early death
>>
File: straya.png (55 KB, 1302x1056) Image search: [Google]
straya.png
55 KB, 1302x1056
>>29248993
the fuck is a damper you fucking abbo?

>pic related
>>
I sprinkle a teensy bit of meth in my sketti.
>>
that food is disgusting, even for a neet.

learn to cook ffs, it takes 7 minutes to boil some noodles, but some tomato sauce on and youre set and its a million times tastier.

also fucking one pot pasta you degenerates
>>
>>29249027
It's a soda bread with flour salt water and baking soda.

I use self raising cause I am a lazy cunt.

Try it once it's like a sugar free cake, and cheep.
>>
>>29249027

We have that in Canada but its called bannock and all the drunk natives eat it
>>
>>29248910
canning itself isn't a problem, any problems are related to additives and chemicals they use like bisphenol A

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/revealed-the-nasty-secret-in-your-kitchen-cupboard-1932742.html

>For beans, pasta and many soups a protective coating is only applied to the can ends which would not provide any trace of BPA or would be at the limit of detection of a few parts per billion.

beans are fine

dines however might be a problem
>>
canned food being bad for you is largely a meme based around the fact that canned food of the past largely looked and tasted like dog food.

>>29248944

>Many canned foods are high in sodium which will make you sick

yeah they're high in sodium, but it should be noted that government recommended sodium intakes are extremely stringent and do not account for the requirement differences between a 5'1 woman and a 6' man; a normal healthy person can easily get 200%-300% of the government recommendation on a daily basis.

>>29249017

>preservatives

most canned foods don't contain preservatives these days, it will usually say if it does or not somewhere on the can. Even then, many preservatives like lactic acid are harmless.

>chemicals from the inner lining of the cans leeching into the food

the chemical in plastic that's harmful is BPA, which is largely being phased out these days. Even then, BPA while bad for body isn't actually going to kill you.

> the actual food is generally devoid of any nutrients, except carbohydrates

there are plenty of canned foods that have plenty of nutritional value, even stuff like chef boyardee has protein and iron in it. It's mostly the really old canned foods like condensed soup that are basically just salt water

Like most things when it comes to food the most important thing is to read the goddamn label, and even do a bit of online research on the brand and unknown ingredients. canned food is just food in a can, whether it's healthy or not depends on whats in it just like any other processed food.
>>
just eat rice, chicken and broccoli. no cans, just bags
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.