[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hookah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: hookahbruh.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hookahbruh.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
Do any robots smoke hookah? I've been smoking hookah for about 3 years now and I can't imagine relaxing without it. It's objectively better than smoking cigarettes for the following reasons:
>better taste
>extremely large variety of flavors
>thicker smoke
>hurts throat a lot less
>1 head lasts about 2 hours
>a hookah is a beautiful piece of art
>the process of preparing hookah is entertaining
>less expensive to smoke 1 head a day than to smoke 1 pack a day

The only advantage cigarettes have is portability. And are possibly slightly healthier, but studies I've read are inconclusive. But both will probably kill you so who cares. To those of you who have never tried hookah, but enjoy cigarettes, I would recommend it.
>>
>not only poking holes in the foil directly beneath the coal for maximum air temperature
>not using ice for maximum smoke condensation
>using milk ever
>>
I always get the craziest headaches after smoking hookah and smoking hookah for hours is worse than smoking 2 packs a day.
>>
>>29248986
Used to be that way for me, but I've built up a hell of a tolerance now, I can chain smoke hookah all day. I recommend smoking with friends so youre not keeping the head alive all by yourself. Then once you have a tolerance going you will be able to smoke without feeling like shit./
>>
>>29248948
You don't want to be only inhaling straight from the coals though, the best option is using a heat management device
>>
>>29248948
What if you need to move the coals. Do you poke new holes during the head? Also I imagine the head would have very limited airflow.
>>
>>29248986
You are probably using the circular quick light coals. Those give off higher amounts of carbon dioxide when you have them on the bowl to smoke, and thus gives you a headache. I've been smoking hookah for 2 years now and I can't smoke quicklights without getting a headache
>>
>>29248948
Never understood what milk is even supposed to do. My buddy tried it and the result was a nasty ass hookah that never smoked right again, and no notable difference during the head.
>>
>>29249273
Quicklights are indeed fuckin pleb tier. I like coconara and coco genie. Sultans are also quite good.
>>
>>29249283
I think some retards thought since milk is creamier then it makes the smoke thicker
>>
>>29249297
Give titaniums or cocourth a try, those are the best on the market right now imo
>>
Phunnel or conventional?
>>
>>29249322
Depends on what I'm smoking but usually a phunnel>>29249322
>>
>>29249318
I've tried titaniums, they are really good, but the place I buy my shit from never has em in stock. My personal favorite are the fantasia coconut airflow coals, but again, I can never find them in stock anywhere. They are huge coals, last long as fuck, and have little indentations for airflow so the shisha doesn't burn as harsh.

Favorite flavor/brand of tobbaco?
>>
I smoke a weed shisha blend. It's great.
>>
>>29249373
I'll have to check them out, I've never heard of them but they seem interesting.

Depends on what I'm feeling, if I want a heavier smoke with a lot of flavor and buzz or just a lot of flavor. my go-to brands are either tangiers, fumari, and occasionally some other various brands if they have a particular flavor I like. Right now my favorite is fumari citrus tea, but I do love me some tangiers cane mint
>>
>>29249408
And makes your pipe taste like shit
>>
File: snus.jpg (305 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
snus.jpg
305 KB, 800x532
What's the real consensus on hookah's health risks versus cigarettes or pipe tobacco? I'm a snus man personally.
>>
>>29249242
It's not good for you but it is the most basic heat management technique

>>29249261
I just move the foil to a new position first.

>>29249283
Basically the smoke you inhale is mostly the product of the sugars in the molasses and tobacco burning. Milk contains lactase, so I guess the idea is the hot smoke vaporises the lactase adding to the smoke. But in reality, what happens is exactly what you've described. If you want to get thicker smoke there are literally hundreds of things you can try before adding fucking milk to your hookah.
>>
>>29249467
Fucking lactose not lactase. Christ I'm tired
>>
>>29249451
Not true. If it is true, I no longer notice.
>>
>>29249465
desu senpai it is kind of up in the air. It is true that you get a significantly greater volume of smoke when smoking hookah, but it is questionable as to whether the smoke itself is as harmful as cigarette smoke due to all the additives in cigs. Another thing I've heard is that hookah smoke is not really even smoke, but instead vapor because coals don't reach the burning point of tobacco. (burning point is about 500 degrees celcius while coals burn at about 200.) Ultimately, I have no idea which is healthier, but I also don't care that much so I just smoke hookah because its nicer. Been smoking for 3 years and I havent started coughing yet, so I'm good for now. Might stop if I notice my lungs fucking up.
>>
>>29249465
There is no consensus, it's completely polarized. People who don't smoke it say it is bad for you and people who do smoke it say it is not bad for you.
>>
>>29249432
Been hooked on Al Fakher grenadine lately. Been smoking Haze for a few months to try and support a Texas business, but it just doesn't smoke as well and the flavors are too weird for my taste. Do you order online or do you buy from a store? I hear good things about Tangiers.
>>
I keep getting little bits of dust in my mouth everytime I smoke it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.