[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a dark, surprisingly cool summer night -- or it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: 111.jpg (38 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
38 KB, 614x389
>It's a dark, surprisingly cool summer night -- or it is for you, at least. Some of the patrons from more Northern regions might disagree with you.
>After a long day at your day job, you slowly make your way to the bar and unlock the door
>As you turn on the lights and get ready for the evening, you reflect on the long and winding decades that brought you here. Some harder than others, and the hardest parts only making your fraternal affections shine stronger for your fellow struggling souls
>To each patron quietly slipping through the door and making their way to the bar through the background, you give a smile through unspoken feels

It's another dark night of feels and frogs, my fellow robots. Come in, have a drink and unload your troubles. What's been bothering you lately, lay it out here and take at least a little bit off your shoulders. Have a drink, have four, or have none -- it's the friendship and shared experiences we're here for.
>>
im just hope that all this shit i'm doing now will get me where i want to go...
>>
File: dfhm.jpg (365 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dfhm.jpg
365 KB, 1600x1200
>>29247923
Honestly I think you already know the answer to that question. Whether it's professionally, socially, or romantically, in my personal experience I've always known deep down inside whether there was success in any paths I chose in my adult life.

Where do you want to go? Again, if you're anything like me, you know what you need to do to get there, it's just growing the balls to do it that's hard.
>>
>>29247860
Evening, barkeep. Or is it morning? I can't tell. Since I got laid off last week, time has stopped mattering.

I need some whiskey.
>>
File: jb.jpg (112 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
jb.jpg
112 KB, 1280x1280
>>29248120
>Or is it morning?
It's all relative, my friend. Some coasts it's morning, some evening, some people don't even live on a coast (complimentary bag of pretzels for them, poor friends. The sea is robot-tier contentment.)

Whiskey it is, I've got a load of Jack in the cellar so I hope it's to your tastes. Here's a double shot, with the second on the house. Being laid off sucks, I had a brilliant career-tier job where I was making enough to buy a house in the near future with cash, unfortunately got laid off very shortly. Spent several months unemployed (guaranteed job elsewhere that just wouldn't start until a much later date), fortunately I'd made enough money at that ridiculous job to tide me over until then so I didn't have to take temp-labor-tier jobs.

Stay on top of the applications, and the work will come, you know this I'm sure. The only people who can't find a job are the ones who refuse to apply, there's always someplace that's willing to hire you. And even a shit-tier minimum wage job is a better stepping stone to finding real stuff than an "unemployed 2016-present" entry on your resume.
>>
>>29248257
Ah, yes, that's the stuff. Cheers.

I've got some automation and food service experience so work shouldn't be too hard to get. Problem is I'll probably end up having to work with more than 1 person at a time, which was my last job. Mail inserting hours and pay suck, but the solitude and relative autonomy were pretty comfy. Hopefully you can get another shot at getting a house.
>>
>>29247970
its school; i'm doing the shit i need to do i guess. where i want to go is a point in my life were im living in a decent apartment, with a decent job, and with a decent girl. from there i'll work my way up from there
>>
File: bfa.jpg (865 KB, 1373x2008) Image search: [Google]
bfa.jpg
865 KB, 1373x2008
>>29248384
Small-group work environments are the best, especially when you don't have to talk to customers. Personally can't do solo work for shit, just because my drive goes down the drain if I don't have someone else in the room. Good luck though man, have you looked into warehouse jobs and warehouse-specific staffing agencies if that really is the sort of job you're looking for? I worked in a warehouse environment for a year, and it sounds like the sort of think you're looking for. Look into what the companies you're applying to deal in, though; if you're in a metal/lumber warehouse it's going to be a lot harder work than a clothing warehouse, from the stories I've heard.

Someday I'm gonna build my own house on a cheap piece of rural property (I hope), so the house shouldn't be too hard once I just decide where I want to do it. We're all gonna make it, right?
>>
File: wr.jpg (52 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
wr.jpg
52 KB, 580x580
>>29248653
Carry on then man, and definitely talk to all the employers you can even if you're not ***qualified*** for the positions they're offering. With a college degree and a bit of cyborg-tier motivation, I think the first two of your
>apartment, job, girl
triangle should be attainable, at least in my country (burger.) Can't speak for others.

The girl's the hard one, of course you know what board you're on. I hope from the bottom of my heart you find one.
>>
File: 1461637759027.jpg (116 KB, 628x640) Image search: [Google]
1461637759027.jpg
116 KB, 628x640
Never ordered a drink at the tavern before, but I guess now's as good a time as any.

Guess I'll take the cheapest, most disgusting vodka you have. It's what I'm used to.

I quit being a NEET, /r9k/. Hated doing nothing all day and wasting away that it brought. Hated the lack of money, the lack of freedom that came with it. Got a decent job with room for quick upward mobility, moved into my own place, the works.
I like my job and don't dread going into work at all, love the place I live in(it's maximum cozy), but I'm still not happy. No matter what I do, I'm still a robot. I can't click with the normies at work worth a fuck, I'm always that weird quiet guy. I just don't get it. Can't attract women worth a fuck, can't socialize at all with my co-workers.

How the fuck do I at least attain cyborg-tier status?
>>
>>29247860
Hey bar keep. Am I allowed in if I'm high as hell on cocaine? Always love a nice vodka shot after each line.

Life's been a mess lately. Got kicked out, living on a friend's couch. I feel like a mooch. I don't eat anymore. I sleep all day. I have a job but they refuse to give me more hours because I'm inept due to my severe anxiety. I think I'm just gonna get all my savedad up money, buy as many drugs as I can, get higher than I've ever been, and blow my brains out.
>>
File: vs.jpg (62 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
62 KB, 720x480
>>29249312
>cheapest, most disgusting vodka you have
All vodka in small mountain towns fit that bill, my friend. Here's some stuff that will make any 19yo college freshman girl 'drunk' enough to kiss Chad.

I hear you on the NEET stuff, spent several months as a NEET myself (future job secured, just filling in the time with pretty much nothing, kind of alluded to it in my last post too.) Too much spare time messes with me too, especially since IRL I really don't like NEETs very much but being NEET makes it hard to socialize with wageslaves.

I don't mean to be a meme, but have you tried getting /fit/? Not just to look better (which helps primarily with women, although even other men respect a /fit/ man more than a Gabe Newell lookalike) but also because the chemicals that it gets flowing through your body often increase confidence and whatnot, which generally makes people more socially adept.

Also, alcohol's a big help, but ONLY social drinking. Don't know if you drink, but getting drunk with other guys is pretty much the fastest way to friendship I can name.

Cyborg-tier status? Wish I knew, I have generally been the opposite, when I'm any of the two. Rarely have friends, but on the rare occasion when I do have gf I feel like a poser pretending to be a normie because gf when in reality I just stumbled into a relationship because I guess I have a moderately attractive face or something.

All my relationships save one have ended because my massive meme-tier autism cannot be contained by social boundaries.
>>
File: combiertschampagne.jpg (602 KB, 1888x3008) Image search: [Google]
combiertschampagne.jpg
602 KB, 1888x3008
>>29249437
>high as hell on cocaine
Some druggies are among the purest form of robots, and a drunk autist can hardly turn away a fellow outcast merely for a different choice in substances to numb the pain.

Here's some of the bottle I just poured the other chap, I trust you're messed-up enough that you won't taste the difference between this and your favorite label.

If you're getting anxiety, not eating isn't gonna help that, my friend. As much as I hate to say it, physical health (which starts at eating healthy) is in my unprofessional opinion a major way to fight anxiety -- and you're hardly helping it by doing meth and not eating.

I'm rarely one to discourage suicide because I feel it truly is a thinking man's way out in many cases, but I hope you find some glimmer of hope to pull you out. For several years I was suicidal myself, and in THE CURRENT YEAR I'm no longer preoccupied every minute of the day with thoughts of how to kill myself. In fact, I'm now planning a future for myself and aspire to live for many more years.

JUST BEE YOURSELF or if you can't, then do what you need to. I'm your bartender and friend, not a moral judge. I just hope you know your life hasn't been entirely pointless, and you've made at least some people happier (if nothing else, the fact you're sleeping on a friend's couch means another person thinks you're a good enough human being to loan a couch to.)
>>
>>29247860
I wish I had the courage to ask for a drink. But the barkeep would just think I'm weird for not understanding anything about alcohol. It's a vicious cycle.

Bartenders hate robots.
>>
>>29249585
Thanks, barkeep. Pour me another, I'm lining up again.

It's nice to talk to someone so optimistic.
[Spoiler] don't know if it's the drugs or your kind words but I'm inspired tbqhf
>>
>>29249632
>tfw messed up the spoilers
>>
S-still there senpai?
>>
>>29249861
>tfw he abandoned us
>>
>>29249621
I understand completely, friend. Have a light beer and talk to us.

>>29249632
If you're messing up spoilers it means you're honestly a drunkbro and not just a poser. You are welcome here. And in my experience, even a couple messages on a Cantonese knitting forum can be really uplifting at the right time. I hope you find happiness.

>>29249861
Sorta! No more pics because mobilecuck now, but I'll try to be here a bit longer. I feel bad for letting all you people down, I try to run this bar respectably.
>>
>>29250002
He's back! Thank you bar keep I need another shot pls senpai
>>
>>29250022
Shot of Beam or JD, friend? Well fuck it, here's one of both, the one you didn't want is on the house.
>>
>>29250083
Aw, you're too kind. So glad I decided to drink with my lines. I'm feeling on top of the world!
>>
I'll have a cup of coffee.

I-is the guy who founded this place still alive? I stopped frequenting this place for a while because I'm a uni cuck.
>>
>>29249450
>I don't mean to be a meme, but have you tried getting /fit/?
I'm actually one of the fitter guys at my workplace
I'm also 6'3"
5/10 face imho tho(not posting pics)
I used to lift about a year ago but my gym closed down, and I'm in a rural area where there's nothing else. Now that I have spare money and space I'll pick it up again and just go the home gym route.

>Cyborg-tier status? Wish I knew, I have generally been the opposite, when I'm any of the two. Rarely have friends, but on the rare occasion when I do have gf I feel like a poser pretending to be a normie
>All my relationships save one have ended because my massive meme-tier autism cannot be contained by social boundaries.
same tbqhwy

I don't understand how most people can be so shallow and without any true depth to them. Getting into some deep /r9k/-koolaid here, but 90% of the normies I've met can be taken at face value and have nothing interesting about them at all. Every time a girl shows interest in me I'm eventually turned away from her just because of her vapid, facebook normie-tier tastes. Biggest pet peeve is their favorite book is the one they're currently reading, especially when they're only reading it because they saw the movie adaption first.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 640x1136
This isn't really that bad but I would like to write it out and maybe some of you can relate, I just need to get it out there so I don't "take it out" on my family. If you're not comfortable reading some incredibly gay stuff then I suggest you stop reading now. Half of this is going to be me gushing about how much I love dick. What do I mean by "take it out"? I mean be incredibly gay around them. Like incredibly gay. There's two things any robots reading should know: I grew up in a SUPER religious household and I've known I was gay for a few years now ( I'm 25 ), and also that I have to live at home til next summer.

I worked and supported myself up until a few months ago when I decided to go back to school to be a paramedic. I've got a year of school left and I'm living at home. I told my parents I was gay and they accepted me, though disdainfully.

Okay, so the meat of it is that I love being gay, oh lord, I love it so much. I want to wear girl clothes and talk in a cutesy voice and be fucking retardedly gay all the time, and I have, and now I'm having to REALLY tone it down for my family and yet it's coming out anyway. And I've got a whole nother year of this shit. It's some shit, some real shit.

It's weird man. It's weird when you're thinking about getting your ass pounded into oblivion while your mother makes dinner. I'm having to change my way of speech and I can't even walk around on my tiptoes. There's no way I can get drunk around them. I've already brought up makeup way too many times. I just love being gay. Holy shit I love it. And they hate it - completely understandable, really from there perspective, I can understand. And they don't judge me, they just say keep it out of the house. Well I'm trying lol. But it's hard, lol. I want to wear my thigh highs.
>>
File: zEQOhGP.jpg (64 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
zEQOhGP.jpg
64 KB, 720x537
>>29247860
give me 8 shots of vodka my gf just left me I just want to feel something
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.