[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hallucinations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1465654047413.jpg (35 KB, 435x512) Image search: [Google]
1465654047413.jpg
35 KB, 435x512
Who /hallucinations/ here? Schizoaffective reporting in. My tactile Hallucinations have been really bad lately. If I so much as SEE a mosquito, I start feeling them all over my body for hours. It fucking sucks.

Anyone else got a similar issue?
>>
>>29245008
Come on guys I know you're out there. Come share.
>>
>>29245008
>If I so much as SEE a mosquito, I start feeling them all over my body for hours. It fucking sucks.
Literally everyone gets itchy after seeing bugs, sometimes for very long times, I don't see how this is special
>>
>>29245081
It doesn't have to be a real one. Just a picture even. Of course, I would get that feeling a bit like normal before I developed schizoaffective disorder. Now that I have it, I feel them crawling all over my body constantly for hours. It doesn't go away. Not even after I stop thinking about it.
>>
File: sNysSwj.png (152 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
sNysSwj.png
152 KB, 3000x3000
not a shizo man but for some reason I romanticize the condition and think it's some cool, out there kind of thing.

What's it like being shizoaffective? How long have you been one? Are you a step below full blown schizophrenia?
>>
no, my meds work perfectly and I haven't had any hallucinations since my psychotic break four years ago (except for a week or two when I was testing if I really needed the meds or if it was a one time thing)
>>
>>29245226
Yes. Schizoaffective disorder's prognosis is better than schizopjrenia alone, but worse than just a major mood disorder alone. I am more self aware than a complete schizophrenic. When I am having auditory/visual hallucinations, I think they're real. However, a bit after the fact, I can often deduce that it was a hallucination. A full schizo would instead think about how he could appropriate meaning to a hallucination.

For example, I often see flashes of white light. They are startling when I see them, but I think nothing of it. A full schizo would think up a theory as to what it is. For example, he might think that the light was a brief Ghost sighting or something else supernatural.
>>
I sometimes see little black things moving out of the corner of my eyes, like bugs but even smaller. Am I becoming schizo? I'm not ready to go crazy.
>>
>>29245288
Floaters?
>>
>>29245296
I don't think so, I can usually perceive them directly on a surface, like my desk, they really are like bugs, and I don't see them very often. What are floaters like?
>>
>>29245279
>For example, he might think that the light was a brief Ghost sighting or something else supernatural.
What if it was?
>>
>>29245226
Also, I was diagnosed a year ago in the loony bin. Im not sure how long I've had it since I wasn't aware that I was experiencing schizophrenic symptoms until I was told. Here are some issues with it...

>hallucinations are distracting
>can type sentences very clearly, but I always have trouble forming complete sentences in actual conversation (like I have severe brain damage)
>memory is horseshit. I forget literally everything. I even forget to go to the bathroom when I need to and end up getting constipated
>can't concentrate or multitask any more
>often feel dizzy and foggy
>get easily angered
>come up with and follow conspiracy theories for about a week at a time
>hear doors slamming, fingers snapping, and people trying to communicate with me telepathically
>see shadow people
>have sleep paralysis and lucid dreams every other day
>scared shitless and put into a trance by over-stimulating sights (like a fireworks display)
>think everyone is talking about me and looking at me
>think people are being hired to monitor me sometimes
>think people within a certain radius of me can hear my thoughts

Right now, I know all of these are bullshit. However, I believe it when it's happening. Those don't even include the mood symptoms.
>>
File: God damn.jpg (54 KB, 1920x2913) Image search: [Google]
God damn.jpg
54 KB, 1920x2913
>>29245396
>I believe it when it's happening.
What if it is happening anon? Our minds are just perception nonetheless, what if that shadow person you saw was real?
>>
>>29245433
I think about it in retrospect, and it doesn't fit in with the surroundings. The space around them usually seems blurred. Nice try feeding my Delusions though.
>>
>mistake tv noise for my name called
>constantly seeing black blurs out of corner of eye
>in complete silence if I focus enough two voices will fade in and out
>one is a nice woman, other only laughs in the deepest voice imaginable
>>
>>29245461
>Nice try feeding my Delusions though.
Who has the right to tell you that they're delusions.
>>
File: 1445733545928.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445733545928.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
I think i go through some kind of on and off psychosis

might have something to do with my stimulant abuse though
>>
>>29245008
Sometimes, I hear my name being repeated over and over again very angrily by different voices. Usually accompanied by severe headache and dizzyness, and my vision blacks out for a few seconds. How normal is this 1-10 (10 being completely sane)?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464551195539.jpg (16 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464551195539.jpg
16 KB, 480x270
I used to think people looked identical to other people also called parasopagnosia. Sometimes believed I was not who I was maybe actually dead or severely handicapped? and also believed that the existence of reality is some kind of fractile mental projection IDK really how to describe it it was very weird and timecube /flat earth. All happened 7 years ago very bad brain trauma tbi and shitloads of drugs /poisons. Now I really just sometimes very rarely think voices sound identical.. IDK I have been sober for a while but don't take any meds.
>>
>>29245207
That's still pretty normal anon, you don't have to be psychotic to have that at all, I've known plenty of people that get that way if a bug shows up in a TV show.

>>29245226
Schizoaffective is essentially the negative symptoms of Schizophrenia plus a psychotic type mood disorder. It's not like some half psychosis, when they're psychotic it's just as bad as a schizophrenics, except it's very much based around their moods, which isn't the case for a schizophrenic.

Neither is actively psychotic all the time, which is in the diagnostic criteria, you only need a month of active psychosis and 6 months of the other stuff to be diagnosed. It's a good way to tell when someone's bullshitting, actually, if they say they're psychotic all the time.
>>
>>29245770
Believing one is dead is also called cotards disorder but I more thought I was a person with downs syndrome or cerebral palsy or something retarded in another reality
>>
>>29245207
I've been diagnosed schizophrenic due to marijuana use. My hallucinations are mostly auditory in that I can hear every fucking thought that occurs outside of my body and people won't shut up about my internal discourses. Occasionally I might see shadowy figures and small balls of light and I'll attribute them to signs that people are trying to garner my attention through telepathy. Then again, I just say that the whole telepathy business is just animal instincts and territory control. Still, it's fucking annoying and I want off the god damn ride. Last time, I was coerced into swallowing a huge grape without chewing and I nearly blacked out on my way to the toilet to cough it out. I still got the taste of toilet water in my mouth some 2.5 years later.

Working and being so hyper attuned to body movements is ridiculous. I think it's not schizophrenia but just a whole bunch of disorders that make it seem like I'm on the spectrum. Before schizophrenia, I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, but I think that it's still bullshit despite being diagnosed with Bipolar Type II. I won't accept anything on the schizotypal spectrum as a diagnosis unless its schizotypal personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder, or schizoid personality disorder
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.