[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will learning programming really save my life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sh.jpg (124 KB, 575x300) Image search: [Google]
sh.jpg
124 KB, 575x300
Will learning programming really save my life?
>>
>>29244691
Yes my family Senpai desu origami
>>
>>29244691
Just fucking learn it

Do fucking something productive for the first time in your fucking shitty life and become a better person by becoming smarter, succesful and maybe you could get a qt asian gf you will fuck every fucking day of your fucking AMAZING life

JUST DO IT
>>
>>29244691
No.

>t. professional programmer
>>
>>29244691
no. computers are a gateway for satan you heathen
>>
http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/10/please-dont-learn-to-code/

This is a must read for you.
>>
>>29244691
MCH?
>>
>>29244691
It's a meme, man. Don't bother, listen if you think you might not be a robot then go right ahead and learn some programming language. If you know for a fact that you cannot function in the world outside your bedroom, not even with your parents then save yourself the embarrassment.
No matter what the job is, it all requires you to socialize, you have to talk to endless amounts of people it's unavoidable. Programing, coding whatever else you think is a job for a recluse are memes, all these things will require of you to be extroverted when the situation calls for it. If you can't handle that, there's no point in learning anything or getting fit or anything, nothing will change it would be wasted time and effort because you'll still be feeling like shit.
>>
>>29244894
Pretty true, I talk to people a shit ton in my programming job. Constantly got to talk to the people that test my code, to the product managers who accept my code, to my boss, coworkers, etc. Unless you are freelance, you are socializing.
>>
>>29244853
>poo in loo tries to convince people not to code
>not realizing that he's trying to save his own substandard hide from actually competent humans (ie non-pooinloos) learning the trade and forcing him out

I've been working in the bay area for nearly 5 years now and I've yet to meet an actually competent Indian.
>>
>>29244817
>>29244840
>>29244853
>>29244894
Fags that don't want more competition and will make OP won't learn programming
>>
>>29244894
>>29244945

Nah, I program for a living and am on salary at a company I've worked at for six years now and I never talk to other people unless I choose to. You guys probably got shitty McProgramming IT jobs and that's why you have to do bullshit like scrums and team development.

That said, no op, it won't help you because chances are extremely high you will fail to learn how to code. There's actually a shortage of people qualified enough for companies to hire them as developers and it'll never get filled because most people just can't learn how to think at that level of extreme abstraction.
>>
>>29245069

If image board posts making programming sound difficult or unrewarding are enough to scare op away then he never would've made it in the first place. Everyone should be aware programming isn't an easy solution to anything. It's one of the hardest things you can learn how to do, which is why even though everyone technically has everything they need already to begin programming most people never will.
>>
>>29244691
No, it won't.
Just like lifting won't get you girls.
What it will do is let you make a step forward towards your salvation. There is nothing that will magically fix your problems but every little thing helps. And you need it.

I wish you luck in unfucking your life, anon. Sincerely.
>>
>>29245373

Lifting is a good thing to compare programming to. In both cases, everyone has access to do either task but also in both cases most people will never stick with it and fight their way through the hard parts to actually become bodybuilders / capable programmers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.