[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GIVING MYESLF A LAST CHANCE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1465673777072.jpg (50 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1465673777072.jpg
50 KB, 655x527
How can I improve my speaking, socializing skills , hygiene and whatever you think might be important /r9k/?Considering that I'm a shut it who never went out of his house for 7 years without counting going to school and to the grocery store is there even a slight chance for me to improve and even learn to talk with people properly?I never even talked with girls since my school was only with males so I was not even rejected and dont even know what girls think about me.So is it worth to try or even possible to become "social" not normie because I never will be one and I know people who are not normies and still can score girls easily /have gfs.
>>
>>29238356
meant shut in* the post ended looking a bit weird but im sure that its coherent enough for you guys
>>
why cant i bump the thread reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29238726
riiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee\
original comment
>>
>>29238774
qwewqeqweqweqwczx
>>
>>29238356
kill yourself
literally
or go to /adv/
>>
>>29238951
>kill yourself
i probably would
>or go to /adv/
just to get "just do it or bee yourself"?nah
>>
>>29238356
stop cating about how snyone ferls about you when it comes to negative stuff

if you can numb that out you'll just enjoy living no matter what you talk like or appear like or enjoy doing and MAYBE you'll find a girl who will like you, huge maybe though.

besides that, just shower atleast once every two days, brush teeth everyday, eat vegetarian to lose weight or exercise or both and listen to music that influences you to do things you'd want to do in the future
>>
>>29239018
>stop cating about how snyone ferls about you when it comes to negative stuff
yeah but im really awkward and cringe and when im in group people always ask me why im not saying anything when they usually talk about really shallow and boring things.
>if you can numb that out you'll just enjoy living no matter what
i know and im trying to already but i have something like ptsd and its really difficult when people always ridicule me.
>just shower atleast once every two days, brush teeth everyday
of course nothing new that i didn't knew
>eat vegetarian
not going to argue about food but i already workout and eat enough protein rich food
>>
>>29239115
>yeah
just tell them straight up why, just don't be like "BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING BORing FFS DAMN"

be like "because idc about that stuff senpai tbqh"

>i
it gets like that but just keep at it until it becomes second habit. for some reason humans are partially retarded and it takes us a while to stick things into our natural response

>of
well you could take it a step further since you have that down. imitate grooming habits of someone that draws in people you want to draw in. probably seems lame but it works within reason(i.e don't wear a trillby and think you look like dick tracey, wear a hat you like and people who like hats will be tempted to talk to you)

>not
do not fall for the brotien meme desu. only serious bodybuilders need alot, unless you are pushing 245+ lbs of solid muscle slow up a bit
>>
>>29239310
>because idc about that stuff senpai tbqh
yeah but then people would laugh at me and would ask me what am i even doing there.i mean most people i have been around talk about really pointless things or just talk about how cool they are etc not sure if its normal and i have no idea what to do.
>pushing 245+ lbs of solid muscle slow up a bit
i eat only cooked food and its usually high on protein but not as much as you think.im just eating healthy (no sugar and junk food)
>>
>>29239381
>yeah
let them laugh. people only react that way to trigger you, and if it can't trigger you then they'll wonder why and want to learn more about you.
>i
you should be good then. when you gg at it enough you'll be able to still do the sugars/fats because extra muscle burns fat faster to sustain and build it's newly added density, as long as it isn't like that cheap peanutbutter or cakes with 7 rows of ingredients
>>
>>29239565
>let them laugh. people only react that way to trigger you, and if it can't trigger you then they'll wonder why and want to learn more about you.
it usually end the opposite way.i just become target and ridiculed even more.maybe im retarded or something but i really have no idea what to response and to talk most of the time.perhaps there is a book/guide or something?
>>
>>29239626
bible and or koran, not even memeing

if they really are just pure assholes stop hanging around them. the people i'm speaking of are, while normalfags, just want to give you a test of sorts before they accept you more closely. that's just the culture of today and in order to assimilate even moderately you have to get your feels smacked around a bit without breaking. bend a little at most and take it in stride and point out something about them that you think is flawed. they wont show it 9/10 but they feel the hurt to, they just bend without breaking, similar to what im telling you. it's retarded imo that's why i won't assimilate myself
>>
>>29238356

>hygiene
shower every day. use unscented dove soap to scrub all over your body, including ass crack and genitals, arm pit. lather into a foam, then rinse off. shampoo your hair 3x a week. if you have dandruff, use head and shoulders when you shampoo. brush your teeth twice a day. that is the bare minimum of hygiene. you can use deodorant if you sweat a lot or feel self conscious, but it's not a necessity. chew mint gum if you think you might have bad breath. try to work up to flossing every day, but if it's not a habit start by doing it once a week, then 2x a week, etc.

learn to dress well if you can afford it. go to reddit malefashionadvice and read all the stuff in the sidebar. yes, i know reddit is a toxic place but that subreddit is very useful. there is also frugal malefashionadvice if you're poor.

get a haircut that suits your face. google how to figure this out. go to a barber and show them a picture on your phone of the haircut you want. you barely need to talk to them.

you will probably want to stay clean shaven, but if you can grow decent stubble, then do that. but try to keep it light.

if you are overweight, start eating healthy. go to /fit/ and read the sticky. you do not need to become a bodybuilder, but exercise if very important and will help your mental and physical health.

>speaking and socializing skills

these will develop with time and practice. do not be discouraged because it's a long journey but will be well worth the effort. start by gradually conditioning yourself for social interaction. when you go to the grocery store, make eye contact with people. if they make eye contact with you, smile. force yourself to do this. eventually work your way up to making small talk with the cashier. as simple as "how are you?" or "how is your day going".

read "how to win friends and influence people". if you don't want to read, look up the audiobook on youtube.
>>
>>29239808

(CONT)

reading books will help your social skills. so will watching mainstream television shows and movies. it will give you something to talk about with people.

it will become important for you to have a schedule that will force you to interact with people. take a class at your local community college. in anything that you're vaguely interested in.

talk to people in your class about the homeowork and ask if they'd like to study with you.
>>
>>29239777
nice trips

as for the people they are usually the thug type or are usually good friends who look at me as just something to laugh at (and you will look weird to criticize them or something )you know like all the chads that laughs at betas but my school was only with chads and im pretty much fucked up in the head at this point.
>bible
yes i found it extremely inspiring and one of the few things that really holds me to not kill myself.
>>
>>29239808
>how to win friends and influence people
i read the book and found that the complete opposite usually works for most people eq being assholes and not caring about other people.
>>
>>29239928

i don't disagree with you, but i think it's good for someone that needs to improve their basic social skills.
>>
>>29239999
yeah but it didn't help me in any way and its common sense desu.thanks for your reply and the other information is really useful
also nice quads
>>
Literally Google it.

>I don't know if this is original or not so I am making it original
>>
>>29240061
google what anon?i've read a lot of guides about this and most just end being about "just do it" but i have literally no idea how to talk how to greet people how to respond to something etc. and usually do something cringy and think about it with months
>>
>>29240029

thanks and no problem. honestly if that book was common sense to you, then you probably have better social skills than you give yourself credit for. it might just be that you're out of practice.
>>
>>29239777
>>29239888
>>29239999
>dat sequence
checked again and again and again
>>
>>29238356
OP post a pic of yourself and as a semi-chad I will tell you whether you can make it.
>>
>>29240126
>better social skills than you give yourself credit for
if it was true i was not going to cringe at myself that hard.the worst thing though is that i sometimes talk about things i never think its like im possessed and just embarrass myself even more...
>>29240183
from what ive seen looks dont matter that much and right now my face is greasy have bit of acne and black heads but i think with low body fat and clean face that i will look quite good.
>>
Exposure therapy. Gradually expose yourself to verbal communication with other people so you get used to it and improve your social skills.
And obviously take regular showers/brush your teeth effectively
Good luck
>>
>>29240295
telling an autist to expose himself to more social shit to learn it is like telling a blind person to go out in the sunlight to learn to see...

kys
>>
>>29240272
it depends on whether you want to be a simple normie or actually chad, for a normie looks don't matter so much but to truly be up there looks are very important.
>>
>>29240352
he's probably not an autist , senpai
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.