[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had any prizes on your shelf when you were a kid, anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1454135448101.png (601 KB, 776x580) Image search: [Google]
1454135448101.png
601 KB, 776x580
Had any prizes on your shelf when you were a kid, anon?
>>
>Failed Normie the Thread
>>
>>29237950
pokemon gen one poster

mc donalds pokeballs and mew 14 karat card

ninja turtles

transformers even the manta ray one
>>
File: horseribbons.jpg (412 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
horseribbons.jpg
412 KB, 800x600
horse show ribbons.
>>
File: 1465368408233.png (37 KB, 1127x685) Image search: [Google]
1465368408233.png
37 KB, 1127x685
I never got anything, not a medal or anything.
I almost got a bronze medal in the highschool running contest that we all had to participate. Our school was the worst of the bunch to attend.
I felt humiliated as fuck doing sports while hundreds of people watched.

Every kid that I visited back then had some kind of medals or whatever. Felt a bit left out to be honest.
The only thing worth anything was this teaset that my grandma made when she was young. Inherited it from her more or less. Then a fucking cat knocked it down from the shelf and it broke. hated cats ever since.
>>
>a few horse riding ribbons simply for participating
>3rd in some local swimming competition
>a bunch of first place diplomas from the school race
>around 40 or so figure skating prizes, the best being national champion and winning some international competitions

My mom tried to relive the childhood she never had through me but it backfired and ended up here instead. At least I was excused from school for a week every time a major competition came up and I got to travel some.
>>
>>29238606
My mom did this too. Fucking horseback riding and figure skating, shit she always loved/wanted to do. More than just excuse me for a week though, she entirely removed me from school because it interfered with my ability to get to the ice rink in the morning. She said she'd "home school" me. I'm a fucking uneducated, GED-less moron now.
>>
>>29238116
Tfw no horse gf
>>
I got a lot of archery prizes, I took first in my age division at state a couple times. I got one chess ribbon but I lost interest after moving. I think I got some stupid soccer, swim and track stuff too but never any real prizes for those. It's not like they're really sports anyway. Even as a kid in teeball I saw through the everyone's a winner bullshit. I liked how shiny the trophy was but I sure didn't feel like a winner when I took a photo with a group of people with the same trophy as me. I'm still not sure what the goal is with giving everyone a prize. I was always competitive and felt cheated when organizers said shit like it's just a game or what matters is everyone has fun. What matters is winning. I'm pretty good at everything so I rarely lost, but when I did I'd become obsessed. I was like 12 and my cousin visited. She was always fun and competitive too. She beat me at tetris so I spent like two weeks playing nonstop and called her to a rematch. I kicked her ass of course but it wasn't that satisfying. When I revealed I'd been practicing after I beat her she just laughed and said I did very good. Then I felt small and kind of lame for caring so much about something she didn't even think about.
>>
I got the award for Literacy in Primary school. That's it.
>>
>>29238706
>tfw you had to get up at 5:45am, be on the cold ice at 6:30 with your stiff morning joints for an hour, quickly get changed and be in school at 8am, immediately go back to the ice again for an hour and a half when school was out, have a further hour of flexibility and endurance training... all the while your classm8s were having fun and developing healthy social relationships

I snapped in my mid teens and became a shut-in recluse after that. Haven't even talked to anyone except my mother in 7 years. Suicide on the near horizon.
>>
>>29237950
I'm not sure if this counts, but I won a book and a video game when I was 13 and those were on my shelf.
>>
>tfw nephew gets certificates for 'kindness', 'politeness' etc. every week.

They hand out meaningless awards like candy now.

Also I remember back when I was at school the 'troubled' children would be rewarded for behaving normally whilst the boring consistently well-behaved kids would be ignored.
>>
File: 1375826239504.gif (1024 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1375826239504.gif
1024 KB, 500x278
One week my local toy shop had a competition; draw your favourite character and win a gift voucher

I drew a picture of buzz lightyear, and handed it in..

A few weeks later i received a phone call saying i had won first prize !

They gave me a 1st place certificate, and 15 pounds voucher which i used to buy pokemon cards

The certificate hanged proudly on my wall
>>
>>29239933
Do you still have said picture?
>>
>>29239192
I had to take ballet and gymnastics to "improve" the figure skating bullshit. I got fed up with it when the coach kept drilling me on a jump I couldn't get right and told her I quit and left, then my mom immediately stuck me in horseback riding. I liked the horses though. They were pretty cool. But then my mom accumulated a bunch of them and made me take care of them all and never let me go anywhere because "you have to take care of the horses".
>>
>>29237950
>tee-ball participation trophy from when I was 5
>Pinewood Derby 1st place trophy from when I was 8 (dad carved it from scratch and put a few undetected illegal mods on it, all I did was give it a shitty paintjob)
>flag football participation trophy from when I was 9 (we never won a single game)
>roller-hockey trophy from when I was 12 (my team was undefeated, yet I had no goals or assists)

Once I reached 13 my parents stopped forcing me to get involved in activities
>>
File: B5i0p2b.jpg (187 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
B5i0p2b.jpg
187 KB, 1024x768
>>29239952

yes, here it is
>>
No, I was growing up before participation trophies were a thing
>>
>>29240019
For how many years did you skate and are you still stuck with the horses? Are your parents by any chance rich, seeing as she just bought a bunch of horses?
>>
>>29240113
>I cum in pies

haha
>>
Local robotics tournament prizes
>>
>>29240244
I don't really remember, but I quit before I was a teenager.
Not really. I grew up in a trailer park and we lived in a shitty area. My family actually went into bankruptcy before she acquired more horses. My mom just did not manage money well and bought whatever she pleased with dad's money (she never worked). The horses were also often poorly kept and lacking in hoof, vet, etc. care.

I was stuck with them until the house burned down this year and I ran away to a different state.
>>
>>29240648
I'm getting some Gilbert Grape vibes from your life. How are you getting by on your own without HS diploma or GED?
>>
>>29240910
>Gilbert Grape
Never watched that so I don't get it.

>without HS diploma or GED
Been bullshitting education sections on job applications, but have only had minimum wage/labor jobs so it hasn't really mattered.
>>
>>29241200
>Never watched that so I don't get it

Watch it. It's full of feels, some perhaps more relatable for you. Good night anon and good luck in finding happiness and meaning. I'm gonna sleep now.
>>
File: 1436032831438.jpg (53 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1436032831438.jpg
53 KB, 704x400
all I ever got were participation awards, and they made me mad when I looked at them so I eventually just threw them away
>>
>>29237950
None. Things I excelled were not rewarded with metals. In fact, they were not rewarded with anything.
>>
>>29237950
no not at all lolllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>29240113
Keke, you realize they just give the award to the cute kid right?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.