[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropout thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: me-irl-i-have-given-up.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
me-irl-i-have-given-up.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
That's it, I'm dropping out of uni.

I want to study something I can't afford (because it's outside my city), so for now I'll try to get into the military and start saving money. If I'm not accepted, NEETdom will cradle me until my parents kick me out or I get a job, which is impossible since I don't really live in the first world.

Share your dropout stories. What are you doing now? What are your plans for the future? How did you fall from grace?
>>
step it up and drop out of life like a real robot
>>
File: 1465411028366.jpg (1008 KB, 1000x7500) Image search: [Google]
1465411028366.jpg
1008 KB, 1000x7500
Textless posts are not allowed in this god forsaken board.
>>
File: 1457390605515-3.png (205 KB, 657x772) Image search: [Google]
1457390605515-3.png
205 KB, 657x772
I have become OP, self bumper of threads.
>>
>>29236936
Do a commerce degree it's literally the easiest degree you can do
>>
I dropped out and im becoming an entrepreneur. Was a 3rd year mech engineer but im giving up cause no more scholarship money and people fucking despise me.
>>
File: 1427669858347.jpg (13 KB, 366x230) Image search: [Google]
1427669858347.jpg
13 KB, 366x230
I will be kicked out of uni this year because I'm not able to finish some subjects. I dunno what to do guys, I think about killing myslef.
>>
File: 1417148672604.jpg (54 KB, 531x683) Image search: [Google]
1417148672604.jpg
54 KB, 531x683
>had a 3.0 gpa at a university but quit after the first year because it was hell and I didn't particularly want to be there
>NEET for a year, mom got antsy about me not leaving the house and signed me up for an expensive audio engineering college since I like to record shitty songs in my free time
>it goes okay at first
>starts getting incredibly fast paced
>for example, have one three hour class to learn how to run live sound including making all the cable connections and running the board
>I must just be stupid, every one else seems to get it but I can't remember anything past the 3rd step
>failed one hands-on test and started skipping the rest out of anxiety
>get called into the office one day
>expelled for having a 50% grade and low attendance
>for the next two weeks I drove around town during school hours to avoid letting my mom know
>until she called the school asking for something and learned about it

Also there was one day I was a couple hours late to class since the freeway was closed because of a suicide threat on on overpass. The teacher called my phone while I was sitting in traffic to make sure I wasn't the one threatening suicide. He legitimately thought it was me. I wasn't aware I had such a suicidal aura about me
>>
>>29237521
Damn, three years of work just to give up
>>
Kind of surprised this thread isn't more active. Figured there would be a lot more dropouts here
>>
File: Yhorm-the-Giant-1200x675.jpg (104 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Yhorm-the-Giant-1200x675.jpg
104 KB, 1200x675
I just don't know what to say. I feel alone.
>>
>>29240193
Me too Yhorm, me too.
>>
>>29236936
>I'll try to get into the military
Doesn't everyone who's in the military tell people not to join the military? Can anyone here confirm this?
>>
>>29238177
Or you were the only one not in class or only one who would take that route to school who weren't in class.
>>
>>29240235
It depends, if your life has absolutely no regulation or discipline then and you couldn't last at uni then it's very unlikely you'd be able to last in the military.
>>
Dropped out of uni after the first week of classes

do i count?
>>
>>29236936
I "dropped out" last semester because my car broke down on me. I plan on moving to another city.
>>
>>29237521
>no more scholarship money
merica everyone
>>
Dropout king here.
>Was good at science so went to university to study chemistry straight after school
>Was a total autist everyone hated me
>Students started to spread stories about me or ignore me
>Tried to pal up with professors by showing them my theories but they just blanked me too
>Got depressed and dropped out
>Went to another university a year later
>Chemistry again
>Had lost interest in it by then
>Used my asperger diagnosis to get off work
>Professors got sick of it
>Threatened to kick me out
>Countered by accusing them of disability discrimination
>Won and left
Been NEET ever since, that was 5 years ago.
>>
File: 20150923010116cc74.jpg (864 KB, 1500x1999) Image search: [Google]
20150923010116cc74.jpg
864 KB, 1500x1999
I dropped out of college when I had about 6months left of it. We had a 100% required attendance rate which wasnt easy. I was having a hard time, had zero friends, only browsed 4chan on my free time, wanted to an hero everyday.
One day everything just felt a bit too much and during the lunch break I decided to drop out. Left the place after eating my food and never returned.

Then started the time when I was a NEET who drank a lot, got into self harm and oddly enough made lots of online friends from 4chan, people who are dear friends to me even now, almost 10 years later.

When I got a letter from the college that told me that I had been expelled, I remember feeling only good. Like I weight was lifted off my shoulders, they did call me once, but I told them to "fuck off". Probably wanted to sort things out, but I swore not to walk into a school of any kind ever again.

I've calmed down since, Ocasionally still self harm, but I rarely drink. Only on special ocasions. I sometimes wonder how life would have turned out had I finished my schools. Probably not much considering what a loser I've always been.
>>
>>29240515
>We had a 100% required attendance rate

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>29240515
>We had a 100% required attendance rate
Don't go to posh douchebag universities
>>
>>29240235
OP here.
Military is fine in my country. As long as you aren't infantry, you are a state worker with little work to do and a modest but sufficient wage.

I'm sure I'll find a way to fuck up though.
>>
>>29240603
>>29240718
It was something they tried for a few years and eventually dropped it. Every class you skipped you had to do in later. Attendance in this whole country is very important in general, but the 100% attendance shit went a bit too far. It caused far too many dropouts who would then just cut contact to schools. Most of the schools then realised that it was fucking retarded and relaxed a bit.
>>
Anyone else here a high school dropout stoner? I hate myself so much. So, so much.
>>
File: 14.jpg (258 KB, 1280x847) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
258 KB, 1280x847
>>29240515
>drank a lot
>self harm
>friends from 4chan
>10 years later
You from NZ by chance, buddy?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.