[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell didn't you become a doctor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 288x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 288x276
Why the hell didn't you become a doctor?
>>
File: 1436723943382.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1436723943382.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
because biology is boring as fuck
>>
Why the hell would i want to work with sick and old people all my life if i can just stay at home and watch animu?

Fucking plebs baka
>>
>>29235452
No

I'm a surgery resident and it's amazing
>>
>>29235438
I am. One semester left. And to be honest sometimes I regret it.
>>
>>29235484
ayyy same, what school
>>
>>29235438
>throughout high school, take biology heavy classes so that i can do premed in college
>first year of college, nearly fail biology
>realize i was memeing myself and switch over to computer science
>realize that computer science is a meme too, unless you're hella smart
>life has become memes
>shitpost memes on 4chan to forget my sorrows

I really enjoyed doing dissections in anatomy and biology. I was all amped up to be a doctor, but the ridiculous amount of studying you have to do scared the fuck out of me.
>>
I passed the test, studied at my local uni for one year with decent results, got depressed, went off the grid for one year and worked for a farmer, then I started studying languages

Guess it wasn't for me
>>
>>29235438
Because organic matter is disgusting and messy. I appreciate the design and structure of living things, but I don't want to get any closer to biology than pictures in a textbook.
I'm becoming an engineer so I can work with nice clean machines.
>>
>>29235484
Why regret??? Story
>>
>>29235482
it's boring as fuck my man
>>
>>29235438
Because I'm very squeamish and don't like touching other peoples' bodily fluids.
>>
>>29235622
not even your gf's? :/ uhmmmmm creeep alert!
>>
>>29235438
i was NEET/shut-in during my whole 20's, so in my 30's I became a nurse instead

wish i did this sooner but it's a good field. no one cares if you were NEET your whole life.
>>
File: 1431336976088.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
1431336976088.png
42 KB, 846x592
Idk my man. I don't like thinking about it. I always get pressured into being a doctor since my oldtimer is also one but I don't really want to be one out of my own accord. Heck I don't know what else I could do if I decide not to go into medicine. I'm safe for now since I still have to finish the post school service but in a few months the decision must stand.
>>
The career is going downhill.

Lawsuits, nurse encroachment, outsourcing of analysis, yikes
>>
>>29235811
>nurse encroachment
what the fuck is that?
>>
>>29235856
Nurses being trained to do specific doctor functions. They work for less and are taking work away from doctors.
>>
>>29235908
Sounds like a good thing, economically, desu.
Fuck the ridiculous prices that hospitals and professional doctors charge you. Medical reform fucking when?
>>
>>29235948
Yup, hospitals are gunning to reduce costs and as doctors are the highest priced people, they are always being targeted.

I'm glad I didn't go into it.
>>
>>29235568
Not american; My health system here is complete dogshit. People die everyday, health "care" companies don't give a fuck. Doctors are underpaid, so they work their ass off to have half a decent salary, tend to make mistakes quite often. Lots of envy. Med students and interns are normies, stacies and and chads as fuck and I don't fit in. The "help a patient" thing is pretty much the only thing that I like but all the things that surround it inside the medical world is just fucking sad.
>>
Actual junior doc here. Let me tell you something. Doctor is a very bad choice for robots (I learnt the hard way).

Med school is full of smart attractive tall Chads, who will actually make lots of money. The girls are hot and smart, and they will leverage this HARD on a poor nerd like you. Going through all those years of school will make you depressed and anxious, GUARANTEED.

Then you have to try to land a job. Remember what field you are in. HR interviewers are used to meeting charismatic Chads and Stacies. Your ugly, frail beta physical form will stick out like a sore thumb. Good luck job hunting!

Okay you managed to land a job. All day you have to listen to normies complaining about non-issues and pressing you into prescribing opiates or benzos. How dare you deny them of their meds, do you have no empathy? You are going to personally hear about every nightmare you've read on /r9k/. Young girls getting treated for UTIs and STDs for the tenth time this year. Mid aged wagecucked males who are suicidal over their divorce (they never saw it coming!). Chads complaining about anxiety (don't know which girls to choose on Tinder). Less-Chads getting into trouble for substance abuse. And the best part is, you better suck up and treat them like a good cucked doctor.
>>
>>29235482
Do you enjoy being bullied? I see no other reason why anyone would go into surgery.
>>
>>29235438
Because engineering and tech is more interesting than what is essentially "remember a shit load of shit"
>>
>>29236171
>The girls are hot and smart, and they will leverage this HARD on a poor nerd like you
What do you mean?

>All day you have to listen to normies complaining about non-issues and pressing you into prescribing opiates or benzos
>complain about people who come to you for help
You sound like a faggot. You might be right, but that doesn't change the amount of cocks you suck on a regular basis.
>>
>>29236241
Surgeons get bullied?
>>
>>29236241
Butcher + saving life + Action + more money

Whats not to enjoy?
>>
>>29235438
Because I'm too cool for (med) school.
>>
>>29236269
Mostly by their peers, because every aspiring surgerons wants to get on a piece of the surgeries. The superiors are mostly condescending, especially the younger ones who just made it out of surgeon bootcamp hell.

>>29236264
I mean typical manipulation strategies to make you do their work. I was lucky to not spend any time on campus so I wasn't targeted as often.

>You sound like a faggot

You seem to think everyone who goes to the doctor has good intentions. Prescription drug addiction is huge and daily you will meet "patients" who think you are their personal dealer. A lot of people are also stubborn as fuck. You know all the "fat hate" and "fatty logic" threads. They are now your daily problems.
>>
>>29236269
General Surgery and Orthotics residencies are a living hell. The doctors will make you suffer and feel like a worthless piece of shit 24/7 just because they suffered the same when they were residents. It fucks you up completely faem
>>
>>29236330
The fact that you spend your work time looking up the ass of an old obese patient who can't properly wipe.
>>
I tried cuz it looked fun on scrubs but apparently you have to be real smart
>>
>>29236430
Lmao a borderline crazy girl like you has no place in medicine.
>>
>>29236400
>I mean typical manipulation strategies to make you do their work
You'd have to be particularly limp wristed to do someone else's work for them.
Stop complaining and be a good fucking doctor. You lost your right to complain when you went into a field that dictates you to help people out. It doesn't help your case that you get paid the most out of any steady salaried job in the world. Sans corporate higher ups.
>>
>>29236471
Nigga I could run a motherfucking pharmacy and be the best pharmaceutical person ever.

I'd give free refills without scripts and invite people to methadone day
>>
>>29236506
Make sure you include me on your free drug days.

>>29236472
Most of us are limp wristed betas at 19.
And about the complaining, like I said I learnt the hard way what this profession means. So now I just complain internally and on the internet.
>>
I thought I'd have to study too much or something and I didn't want to focus on humans because I was "interested in nature".
So I took biology and now I realize ecology is boring as fuck and the only courses I'm interested in are things like microbiology, immunology, and virology. Immunology is my favourite out of those and its completely human-related.
Back to square one.
Also I still need to study a bunch
I think I would have found medicine boring too though
>>
To everyone intimidated by "le study materials". It's just a memorization hurdle. Real work is NOTHING like studying. If anything, any robot who actually wants to get into this field should start practicing social skills RIGHT NOW.
>>
I flunked my foreign language and that made anything above tech school a pipe dream
>>
>>29235529
It's all fun and games until you actually have to do the work.
Same thing happened with my Engineering pathway.
I really wanted to become a mechanical engineer, but at the same time, I had no motivation to do the work.
>inb4 the discipline meme

Protip: it doesn't matter what you do, if you're smart, any lucrative profession will suit you. There is no such thing as passion.
>>
>>29236171
You sound like you shouldn't be a doctor.
No one on /r9k/ should be a doctor.
You'd all be the next Harold Shipman.
>>
>>29237098
Something to consider is jobs with night shifts. The pace is slower and there are fewer social interactions. I'm not even a night person and I enjoy doing nights.
>>
I'm really fucking dumb.
>>
Decided to cut the cost and go to nursing instead. 1 yr of schoolung and a starting salary of 75k, yep I'm good.
>>
because doctors are idiots
>>
>>29237175
but that's just the reality of being a doctor
>>
>>29235438
I generally don't like spending time with other people. Doctors have to do that a lot.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.